Merry Christmas, Bills family!

Bad Things

Well, it's 6:30am on Christmas morning, here on the other side of the International date line. 

I hope you all have a great day, and are looking forward to Josh delivering us another win and another AFC East championship.

Lets go Buffalo!!

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Well, it's 6:30 on Christmas morning,  here on the other side of the International date line. 

I hope you all have a great day, and are looking forward to Josh delivering us another win.

Lets go Buffalo!!

Didn’t you recently lose your house? How are you doing in recovering from that?

Merry Christmas to your family!

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Merry Christmas to you as well! I was in New Zealand this about time last month, and it was nice to see quite a few Bills fans in that part of the world! Go Bills!

You did?

I've been out here for over 17 years now and have never seen another Bills fan.  Trust, me... I'm looking for them! 

The first poor bastard I meet with probably get a huge shock, when I run up and hug them!

Where in NZ were you?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

You did?

I've been out here for over 17 years now and have never seen another Bills fan.  Trust, me... I'm looking for them! 

The first poor bastard I meet with probably get a huge shock, when I run up and hug them!

Where in NZ were you?

We started out in Aukland, then took a Island Hopper flight down to the South Island to see Milford Sound....and that's when someone saw my Bills hat, and started shouting "Nice Hat"....Then we drove back up the coast, and saw another Bills fan wearing his gear. Then we took a flight back to the North Island, and ended our trip by seeing the Hobbiton movie set. There were a few other nice beaches we visited, but I can't remember them all right off hand. It was a good trip, and met some very nice New Zealanders! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Didn’t you recently lose your house? How are you doing in recovering from that?

Merry Christmas to your family!

Thankfully, our house is in good shape.

My wife and I were on an overseas trip, when our neighbor and friends contacted us about the landslip on our property.  At the time, we were told that our house was in imminent danger, but thankfully those reports were a bit exaggerated.

In short, the slip may have been a blessing in disguise, as the slip cleared away all of the trees on the sea-bluff below us, which totally opened up our view across Tasman Bay.

5 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

We started out in Aukland, then took a Island Hopper flight down to the South Island to see Milford Sound....and that's when someone saw my Bills hat, and started shouting "Nice Hat"....Then we drove back up the coast, and saw another Bills fan wearing his gear. Then we took a flight back to the North Island, and ended our trip by seeing the Hobbiton movie set. There were a few other nice beaches we visited, but I can't remember them all right off hand. It was a good trip, and met some very nice New Zealanders! 

Do you know if the other Bills fans were Kiwis, or other tourists?

How was your weather in Milford Sound? 

I consider that area (Fiordland National Park) the most beautiful place in the world.  It's just incredible there.

I'll be doing some backpacking there next month... can't wait!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

My wife and I were on an overseas trip, when our neighbor and friends contacted us about the landslip on our property.  At the time, we were told that our house was in imminent danger, but thankfully those reports were a bit exaggerated.

In short, the slip may have been a blessing in disguise, as the slip cleared away all of the trees on the sea-bluff below us, which totally opened up our view across Tasman Bay.

Do you know if the other Bills fans were Kiwis, or other tourists?

How was your weather in Milford Sound? 

I consider that area (Fiordland National Park) the most beautiful place in the world.  It's just incredible there.

I'll be doing some backpacking there next month... can't wait!

I'm pretty sure one or two of the Bills Fans were Kiwi's, because I also remember seeing a Bills fan who was working in the airport. I do know that one of the other fans was from Rochester, New York....but I was honestly surprised on how many positive comments I received about my Bills hat. The weather was pretty decent in Milford Sound....got some great pictures, very beautiful for sure. We have some relation who lives on the North Island, so that's the main reason we went there, but I'd definitely like to go back again some day. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I'm glad to hear the house situation was not as bad as the initial reports!

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.