NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They also can be very boom or bust at times and when they go long stretches of bust it discourages Dorsey from sticking with it.

No, not really. We're the only team to have at least 100 yards rushing per game. In most games our RBs don't have many yards, it's because of the number of carries, not their ypc average.

Even if that were true, that's no excuse to stop running the ball, by weekends end we will be a top 5 rushing team. With other teams that have good running attacks they keep at it, even if they've been getting stopped the whole game. They keep plugging away and more often than not a RB breaks one and the rushing game turns around. Dorsey has to learn to have alot more patience in the running game.

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Did he break the century mark? 

No he just missed. 11/99/1 a 9.0 ypc average, plus 1 catch for 9 yards

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No, not really. We're the only team to have at least 100 yards rushing per game. In most games our RBs don't have many yards, it's because of the number of carries, not their ypc average.

Even if that were true, that's no excuse to stop running the ball, by weekends end we will be a top 5 rushing team. With other teams that have good running attacks they keep at it, even if they've been getting stopped the whole game. They keep plugging away and more often than not a RB breaks one and the rushing game turns around. Dorsey has to learn to have alot more patience in the running game.

No he just missed. 11/99/1 a 9.0 ypc average, plus 1 catch for 9 yards

Yes really...in the bust games, Allen becomes the running game because the RBs are getting tackled for losses or only getting a yard or two on carries. Typically they run the ball well in the first half, then the second half they try the same runs but the D adjusts and shuts them down and then it becomes Allen as the main runner.

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

If you take away a bad first drive on defense, the Bills played decent. Allen played ok as well...had a couple bad throws that show up in the stat line but 3 other TDs .

Given some special teams goofs w weather nearly put up a 40 burger. 

You can keep the first drive in and the Bills played MUCH better than just decent-barely 200 yards of offense, shut down their running game, multiple 4th down stops. The defense was awesome today

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes really...in the bust games, Allen becomes the running game because the RBs are getting tackled for losses or only getting a yard or two on carries. Typically they run the ball well in the first half, then the second half they try the same runs but the D adjusts and shuts them down and then it becomes Allen as the main runner.

Every game Cook has got 5 carries, just 5 carries his ypc has been 4.8, 7.0, 4.4, 7.8, 4.6, 6.8 & 9.0 he hasn't been stopped. All the other they abandoned running him at 4 carries or less. 

In 40% of our games our featured RB failed to get 10 carries. Hate to tell you that's called abandoning the run too early, especially for how many offensive plays we have run this year. Take the 1st Miami game as an example. Close game throughout almost all our WRs were either playing hurt, got hurt or suffering heat problems, along with Knox at TE and still out of 86 offensive plays our RBs got 15 carries. In a game that we were tied or winning most of the game. That's bailing too early on the running game and there's other games just like it. You're not going to convince me otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Every game Cook has got 5 carries, just 5 carries his ypc has been 4.8, 7.0, 4.4, 7.8, 4.6, 6.8 & 9.0 he hasn't been stopped. All the other they abandoned running him at 4 carries or less. 

In 40% of our games our featured RB failed to get 10 carries. Hate to tell you that's called abandoning the run too early, especially for how many offensive plays we have run this year. Take the 1st Miami game as an example. Close game throughout almost all our WRs were either playing hurt, got hurt or suffering heat problems, along with Knox at TE and still out of 86 offensive plays our RBs got 15 carries. In a game that we were tied or winning most of the game. That's bailing too early on the running game and there's other games just like it. You're not going to convince me otherwise. 

I agree with you...I am simply telling you it happens because the RBs are getting nothing in those games, or in the 2nd half of those games.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I agree with you...I am simply telling you it happens because the RBs are getting nothing in those games, or in the 2nd half of those games.

Ok. But the nothing you're describing is often 2 or 3 plays where the line gets blown up then he just quits calling running plays lol. The KC comes to mind off the top of my head. Singletary performed well in the 1st half, line gets blown up twice and Dorsey is like... Gentlemen we're moving on.😂

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Ok. But the nothing you're describing is often 2 or 3 plays where the line gets blown up then he just quits calling running plays lol. The KC comes to mind off the top of my head. Singletary performed well in the 1st half, line gets blown up twice and Dorsey is like... Gentlemen we're moving on.😂

Yep...primarily because the drives usually go 3 and out.

45 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It is if and only if Dorsey continues to call a balanced offense. Including today's game Singletary and Cook have combined for a 5.008(I just wanted to show it was over 5.0 lol) ypc this year. It's not that they can't, they just go through long stretches were they elect not to. 

Imo Cook needs to be the featured back and Singletary needs to be the complimentary back. Cook is averaging 5.8 ypc & 9.2 ypr on the year. Both well ahead of Singletary.

I disagree. Cook is coming along well but he's not ready to be the starter. The Bills need Singletary's experience. He has a much better rapport with Josh and is a much better pass blocker.

Right now, the Bills coaching seems to be figuring out the 3 headed monster on Singletary, Cook, and Hines. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yep...primarily because the drives usually go 3 and out.

I hear ya. They have to be willing to sacrifice a drive or two to keep the running game going. They do it all the time because they're passing too much.

I personally think it's because he's more comfortable calling pass plays. Former QB plus didn't he run the passing attack last year?

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I disagree. Cook is coming along well but he's not ready to be the starter. The Bills need Singletary's experience. He has a much better rapport with Josh and is a much better pass blocker.

Right now, the Bills coaching seems to be figuring out the 3 headed monster on Singletary, Cook, and Hines. 

Speaking of Hines, while I haven’t been overly thrilled with him, that was a clutch spin move to get the 1st on a 3rd and 8. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

And every week, for the last several, Cook has been stealing more and more of the attempts away from Singletary. Today it was nearly even Singletary 12, Cook 11.

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Speaking of Hines, while I haven’t been overly thrilled with him, that was a clutch spin move to get the 1st on a 3rd and 8. 

He hasn't gotten involved much in the offense but the plays he has been in for he has done pretty well in limited opportunities.

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

And every week, for the last several, Cook has been stealing more and more of the attempts away from Singletary. Today it was nearly even Singletary 12, Cook 11.

Cook is really turning it up lately.

• Like (+1) 2

Personally, I like the Singletary-Cook combo. They work well together. Devin is a much better blocker if Josh needs extra protection. Cook has the big play potential. When they need to grind out tough yards to close out games,  that’s Singletary’s role. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

Personally, I like the Singletary-Cook combo. They work well together. Devin is a much better blocker if Josh needs extra protection. Cook has the big play potential. When they need to grind out tough yards to close out games,  that’s Singletary’s role. 

Isn't Devin a FA after this season? I've always sensed he's a favorite of McD

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.