NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

I won't be happy, but I'll want to hear from all the homers to help me cope.  Your quarterback turning the ball over repeatedly against playoff teams will result in a loss.

Allen typically doesn't do that. Allen plays his best when stakes are highest. As evidenced by his nearly 108 QB rating in PrimeTime games and him having the highest postseason QB Rating in NFL history.

Maybe you should look at Burrow's performance in last year's playoffs. 5 TDs and 2 INTs in 4 games isn't gonna get it done. Can't count on your D and kicker to bail you out every game.

3 hours ago, gtw3 said:

Another game where I think our offense is just completely disjointed and ineffective and then I look at the score and we're sitting on 35 points.  How spoiled I have become lol 

bonus gift from peterman to close it out.

And 420+ yards of offense to go with 254 yards rushing...but wait...I thought the Bills can't run the ball with their RBs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Isn’t this the 2 point conversion? Yellow caught it and it was successful.

Agree that he made things harder than they needed it to be…

No not 2 PT try.  Shakir is out in flat in picture.  It was actually him who caught 2 PT try on left side of goal post 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, hemma said:

A hidden benefit of this Defensive effort is that it may give a decent guide for trying to handle Hurts.

Of course, Eagle’s OL is on a different level than Chicago’s, but still, pretty encouraging.

I think you're getting a little bit ahead of yourself there. It's just my opinion but I believe San Francisco is going to be the one to go all the way to the dance although they have a pretty stout offensive line as well.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'm confused on what you are trying to say here.

When talking about a football team, saying your quarterback means the quarterback of that team.  Your quarterback throwing picks is bad.  Make sense?

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen typically doesn't do that. Allen plays his best when stakes are highest. As evidenced by his nearly 108 QB rating in PrimeTime games and him having the highest postseason QB Rating in NFL history.

Maybe you should look at Burrow's performance in last year's playoffs. 5 TDs and 2 INTs in 4 games isn't gonna get it done. Can't count on your D and kicker to bail you out every game.

And 420+ yards of offense to go with 254 yards rushing...but wait...I thought the Bills can't run the ball with their RBs.

I sure hope so.  Today's performance was not great, hopefully he bounces back.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

When talking about a football team, saying your quarterback means the quarterback of that team.  Your quarterback throwing picks is bad.  Make sense?

I sure hope so.  Today's performance was not great, hopefully he bounces back.  

Not great and it led to a 3 score victory in the end.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Over the last several years we've done really well against running QBs, to the point they don'ts scare me at all. I'd rather face a running/mobile QB like Hurts than the lethal passers such as Mahomes and Burrow.

And yes I'm aware Hurts is good at passing as well as running.

At this point, Hurts looks to be a much better passer than Lamar and Fields. Plus, the Eagles have a good oline and nice weapons with Smith, Brown, and Godart. The Bills D will have a hard time with their offense. I wouldn't complain seeing a Bills Vs Eagles Super Bowl. 

19 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

No not 2 PT try.  Shakir is out in flat in picture.  It was actually him who caught 2 PT try on left side of goal post 

This actually was on the 2 PT conversion, but it was the one that didn’t count because the Bills got a penalty. It was actually a relatively easy completion to Davis 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ShortBusGrizz said:

Bears fan here...I was hoping for a Christmas miracle so we had something good happen this year, but it was not to be.  We got curb stomped by your team, and you didn't have your best day.  That should scare the heck out of the rest of the league.  I know, I know, it was the Bears, but it's also the NFL and weird things happen. 

I hope you run the table, finish the regular season 14-3, and finally get your Lombardi.  If there is any team out there this year that deserves it, it is the Bills.  And there is no more deserving fan base.  I will be rooting for your success in 2023.  Good luck and here's to a parade in Buffalo.

Knowing our luck the Super Bowl Parade would need to be canceled due to a blizzard 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ShortBusGrizz said:

Bears fan here...I was hoping for a Christmas miracle so we had something good happen this year, but it was not to be.  We got curb stomped by your team, and you didn't have your best day.  That should scare the heck out of the rest of the league.  I know, I know, it was the Bears, but it's also the NFL and weird things happen. 

I hope you run the table, finish the regular season 14-3, and finally get your Lombardi.  If there is any team out there this year that deserves it, it is the Bills.  And there is no more deserving fan base.  I will be rooting for your success in 2023.  Good luck and here's to a parade in Buffalo.

You are much better than iceberg, the packers fan here. just don’t make stupid threads here and you’ll be good. GL and ***** the pack 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

If this type of run game is sustainable,  our O would be literally unstoppable!!

It is if and only if Dorsey continues to call a balanced offense. Including today's game Singletary and Cook have combined for a 5.008(I just wanted to show it was over 5.0 lol) ypc this year. It's not that they can't, they just go through long stretches were they elect not to. 

Imo Cook needs to be the featured back and Singletary needs to be the complimentary back. Cook is averaging 5.8 ypc & 9.2 ypr on the year. Both well ahead of Singletary.

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It is if and only if Dorsey continues to call a balanced offense. Including today's game Singletary and Cook have combined for a 5.008(I just wanted to show it was over 5.0 lol) ypc this year. It's not that they can't, they just go through long stretches were they elect not to. 

Imo Cook needs to be the featured back and Singletary needs to be the complimentary back. Cook is averaging 5.8 ypc & 9.2 ypr on the year. Both well ahead of Singletary.

They also can be very boom or bust at times and when they go long stretches of bust it discourages Dorsey from sticking with it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.