NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I actually think Knox might have been told to get down before the EZ if he had the first - if you look at the play it almost looks like he tries to slide as soon as he catches it - but he was already in the EZ.  

True, also they may have wanted Josh to end on a good note with a TD pass.  I wouldn't view that as running up the score to be obnoxious.

2 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

True, also they may have wanted Josh to end on a good note with a TD pass.  I wouldn't view that as running up the score to be obnoxious.

Not complaining - The josh cheap td pass helped my fantasy team. Would have been nice if they remembered they had Stef Diggs on the team??

Well the run game was pretty. The pass game…not. Allen throwing long to McKenzie is driving me nuts. The guy has never been that kind of receiver and he has about a 5% chance at completing it.

Merry Christmas to all Buffalonians enduring the blizzard.

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

People complaining about this game seem to have forgotten that this Bears team gave the mighty Philadelphia Eagles all that they could handle just last week. 

I don't think anyone forgot about that.  It was a few days ago!

Anyone can give anyone as much as they can handle on any week.

That's what the modern NFL is all about.

45 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

We are the ugliest high scoring team I have ever seen 

BREAKING NEWS: Today's Buffalo Bill's victory over the Chicago Bears has been reversed. Although the final point total favored the Bills by 35-13 the five judge panel gave the Bills style points that averaged a meager 5.8. Those same judges handed out an averaged score of 9.1 for the Bears. When asked for the reasoning behind the grades the panel freely admitted that expectations for the Bills were at a very high level and frankly speaking, the Bills didn't live up to those expectations. They added that the Bears haven't enjoyed such lofty expectations over the last several years and just moved up a flight level from JV to Varsity prior to this season. "No longer will teams that only score more than their opponents be automatically awarded a win. Style points for such feats as one handed catches and yards after the catch will be an important factor in determining the ultimate winner. The unfair practice of anointing winners based only on points and then dynasties based on the pure number of those types of wins is a thing of the past. While the NFL still intends to award the best team a trophy at the end of the season, all teams will receive a similar trophy sized at no more than 90% of that trophy without any reference to record or other accomplishments." 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BREAKING NEWS: Today's Buffalo Bill's victory over the Chicago Bears has been reversed. Although the final point total favored the Bills by 35-13 the five judge panel gave the Bills style points that averaged a meager 5.8. Those same judges handed out an averaged score of 9.1 for the Bears. When asked for the reasoning behind the grades the panel freely admitted that expectations for the Bills were at a very high level and frankly speaking, the Bills didn't live up to those expectations. They added that the Bears haven't enjoyed such lofty expectations over the last several years and just moved up a flight level from JV to Varsity prior to this season. "No longer will teams that only score more than their opponents be automatically awarded a win. Style points for such feats as one handed catches and yards after the catch will be an important factor in determining the ultimate winner. The unfair practice of anointing winners based only on points and then dynasties based on the pure number of those types of wins is a thing of the past. While the NFL still intends to award the best team a trophy at the end of the season, all teams will receive a similar trophy sized at no more than 90% of that trophy without any reference to record or other accomplishments." 

That’s quite the imagination 

2 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

I won't be happy, but I'll want to hear from all the homers to help me cope.  Your quarterback turning the ball over repeatedly against playoff teams will result in a loss.

Our qb? Not yours?

• Like (+1) 3

Obviously don't like to see the 2 picks today, but there's alot to like about the offense the last 2 weeks. 

The 3 things I've liked the last 2 weeks on offense:

* For the 2nd week in a row 9 different receivers had at least 1 catch. This offense will be most lethal when it's spreading the ball around, making the defense account for everyone on the field.

* This is the 3rd week in a row that Dawson Knox has caught a td. After having only 2 in his 1st 11 games Dawson has had a td 3 weeks running. This is coming at the right time of the year and it just happens to coincide with our offense playing much better in the redzone. 

* With less than ideal weather conditions the last 2 weeks it was important to get our run game going and boy has it. 404 rushing yards combined the last 2 weeks and in the last 5 quarters they've ran the ball for 353 yards or 70.6 yards per quarter. I'm really liking Cook more and more, he has big play written all over him. It's to the point I think they need to consider making him the featured back. 

Hope Diggs isn't getting frustrated because all of the above are good things for this offense heading into the playoffs.

They're scoring 30 points a game again,  the last few weeks, and in a totally different way than they did earlier in the year. More like they did in the Pats*** playoff game where everyone was making a contribution and the offense benefitted from it.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

That’s quite the imagination 

Well, it was a choice to attack other posters who were incessantly complaining about how bad the Bills looked in a 35-13 victory in bad weather or use sarcasm directed at no particular individual to get my point across. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

A hidden benefit of this Defensive effort is that it may give a decent guide for trying to handle Hurts.

Of course, Eagle’s OL is on a different level than Chicago’s, but still, pretty encouraging.

Over the last several years we've done really well against running QBs, to the point they don'ts scare me at all. I'd rather face a running/mobile QB like Hurts than the lethal passers such as Mahomes and Burrow.

And yes I'm aware Hurts is good at passing as well as running.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, gtw3 said:

Another game where I think our offense is just completely disjointed and ineffective and then I look at the score and we're sitting on 35 points.  How spoiled I have become lol 

bonus gift from peterman to close it out.

Hey he has warm regards to the Bills for drafting him and gotta hand it to him he's has made a lil career out if itwithout having to take the constant beating playing on the field. Never know he may turn it into a place amongst future NFL coaches.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.