NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - post game thread

BuffaloBill

I thought Ryan Bates was excellent at center today. Great feet, movement skills and plays with more power than Morse. I really feel we are in good shape there. Van Roten is a better guard than center and that is clearly obvious. I thought he was good today as well. I suppose the Chicago D line isn’t the best, but those guys got it done. Ike looked good in that small sample. 

I also thought this was Saffold’s best game yet. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I have not seen any breakdowns, were the Bears in heavy shell coverage and inviting the Bills to run? Because it seems like a normally terrible secondary did a good job limiting Josh with help from the wind while the running game hadn't looked that dominant any time in decent memory.

I think Singletary was close to 10 yards a carry? I know the Bears Dline isn't good, but this seems purposeful 

They both were until the end. Still averaged about 9 per after all! This was definitely one of those games where running the ball was the thing to do. Blacks were blowing through massive holes and ripping chunks almost every time. It was did frustrating that Dorsey kept calling passes and Allen kept forcing big throws. It’s like they are trying to assert Josh as MVP or something? This was the opposite of that patriots game last year where the weather was horrible but this time we could run the ball at will and we absolutely should have.

I am curious to see the all 22 regarding the looks we got from the bears D. 

Still, we ended up with a blowout win in the road like we should have even if it was weird. 

Edited by Big C

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I also thought this was Saffold’s best game yet. 

This is reason enough to give me pause about the OL's entire performance today. The Bears probably have the worst DL we've seen this year. Blocking is still a concern heading into the playoffs but not a fatal one.

• Like (+1) 2

Good win after a shaky start.  Very nice smooth running by James Cook, appreciate it may have been against light boxes but lots to be encouraged about with Cook recently I think.

Also like the challenge by McD at a fairly key point in the game.

I lost audio for a while,  what is the injury situation?  I saw both Bates and Jordan Phillips sidelined, have they reaggravated their injuries?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Good win after a shaky start.  Very nice smooth running by James Cook, appreciate it may have been against light boxes but lots to be encouraged about with Cook recently I think.

Also like the challenge by McD at a fairly key point in the game.

I lost audio for a while,  what is the injury situation?  I saw both Bates and Jordan Phillips sidelined, have they reaggravated their injuries?

Pretty sure Bates came back. Not sure about Phillips. He was favoring his shoulder I thought I saw.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Trying to find the snap counts. Was good to see Shakir get some good play time. McKenzie had 0 catches. I think Beez and Shakir might overtake him by the playoffs. 

I saw Hines in the slot once or twice as well. I dont think McKenzie brings anything to the game. Those two guys and Hines should be getting those reps. Cook as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.