12/24/22 Week 16 Christmas Eve GAMEDAY Bills @ Bears Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

-19 . Wow. I really don't know how they do it.. Here in Jersey it's 8 degrees and feels like -7 and I abandoned my run because the wind just cut through me n I had layers on. 

And guys will be out there with bare arms!

Ross Tucker mentioned a few days ago that after games like this, you can't just get into a warm shower...it stings and hurts.

You have to acclimate your skin to cold water for a while, then gradually go up in temp.

It's nuts.

This game is approaching Stalingrad weather.

Three-German-soldiers-cov-001.jpg?width=

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

And guys will be out there with bare arms!

Ross Tucker mentioned a few days ago that after games like this, you can't just get into a warm shower...it stings and hurts.

You have to acclimate your skin to cold water for a while, then gradually go up in temp.

It's nuts.

This game is approaching Stalingrad weather.

Three-German-soldiers-cov-001.jpg?width=

I heard a former player say they need to wait 30 45 min to take a shower after a gm like this. Nuts! I literally lasted 5 min out there lol

• Haha (+1) 1

When I was younger, (the 90's younger) I thought it was cool to see the Bills in short sleeves trying to psych out the opponents. Now I think I am older and wiser. I think the best way to go is to wear clothes and be warm. No need to psych out an inferior team. GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Team should be acclimated to this weather right ?

Go Bills !!

It’s one thing to get acclimated to cold weather, quite another to get acclimated to subzero windchill temps. Because you can’t. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Like I said, it wasn't funny.

Yes it was 😁👍 and merry Christmas to you and yours, and a spectacular new year! 

GO BILLS!!!

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Currently 55 here... In my apartment.  Waiting for maintenance to fix the damn heat.

You're looking at this all wrong. Don't think of it as it's only 55, think of it as it feels 74 degrees warmer in your apartment than it does in Chicago rn. Based on today's weather, that right there is a bona-fide heat wave.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Unfortunately for us in Florida, it means a Saturday NFL game isn’t being shown. Trying DofuSports stream today..

You're not going to get much sympathy from those of us here in Buffalo at the moment...I had to shovel a path for my dog to go out and pee.