Aaron Donald - Likely out for the year

Draconator

If the Bills win the SB this year I often wonder how most Bills fans would feel about a nightmare dismal type season in 2023 like the Rams are having. Would they eagerly accept that at the expense of a first world championship in Buffalo?

I say sign me up, even if the next 5 years+ suck and that's likely going to be the case for the Rams given all the big contracts and draft picks given up in trades. Same reason why Sean McVay will jump ship quickly and 'retire', at least under another promising situation presents itself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If the Bills win the SB this year I often wonder how most Bills fans would feel about a nightmare dismal type season in 2023 like the Rams are having. Would they eagerly accept that at the expense of a first world championship in Buffalo?

I say sign me up, even if the next 5 years+ suck and that's likely going to be the case for the Rams given all the big contracts and draft picks given up in trades. Same reason why Sean McVay will jump ship quickly and 'retire', at least under another promising situation presents itself.

I'd take one letdown/crap season if it meant a SB win this year, but 5 years?  Is Josh Allen retiring after the Super Bowl?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They sold their future for the team they had last year.

The bills haven't come close even with the cap the way it is.  They have some tough decisions to make for sure but have all the major parts in place for the next 3-5 years.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The bills haven't come close even with the cap the way it is.  They have some tough decisions to make for sure but have all the major parts in place for the next 3-5 years.

Beane is smart enough to not trade future 1st round picks.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Beane is smart enough to not trade future 1st round picks.

You take shots with guys like Von Miller, but they still are open about saying we are striving to attain long term success. The Rams sold their souls, but they do have a ring.

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I mean, he did that for diggs.

True enough, but it was a well controlled / thought out trade, that and it was a current year 1st, for a known entity,  I would think that if we could get a Diggs caliber player with years of output left like Diggs, we would all be willing to do it again. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

True enough, but it was a well controlled / thought out trade, that and it was a current year 1st, for a known entity,  I would think that if we could get a Diggs caliber player with years of output left like Diggs, we would all be willing to do it again. 

It really wasn't a knock at the post.  Just that we have done it and will likely do it again if something of diggs caliber ever comes again which is not very likely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

It really wasn't a knock at the post.  Just that we have done it and will likely do it again if something of diggs caliber ever comes again which is not very likely.

Didn’t think it was a knock, and I do agree with you, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes.   If the Bills never won again but won the Super Bowl this year, I would be fine with that.   I just want to know what it feels like once...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

One before I die.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Certainly agree long term, but think they felt the team would be in strong contention for the next year or two.  But the wheels came off fast.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

That’s because you’re not a Bills fan. 

32 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I'll go with a lot of winning seasons over SB and then flop 

I agree here. A Pats* like dynasty is not realistic BUT a chiefs like consistent season to season success plus a few titles sprinkled over say, 10 years would be awesome. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.