TNF- Jaguars @ Jets

T&C

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And again Wilson beat the Bills with time consuming drives and clutch 3rd/4th down plays.  

And the Jets vaunted defense was in bad conditions exposed by Jax.  

It was really a good game by Wilson as he actually played within the offense. Too bad he never done it again. And too bad that one time was against the Bills. 😒

38 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And the Jets vaunted defense was in bad conditions exposed by Jax.  

Exposed!!!! By only holding the Jags to 19, a full 4 and a half points below their season average, despite being on the field for what felt like the entire first 3 quarters!

Try harder.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exposed!!!! By only holding the Jags to 19, a full 4 and a half points below their season average, despite being on the field for what felt like the entire first 3 quarters!

Try harder.

Bad conditions and really did well.  Jets defense was good, but I'd like to think Buffalo's is better.

3 hours ago, Process said:

Not gonna lie, it's hard to take him seriously as an elite QB with that hairdo 

Lol. Dude spends more time flipping his hair than 90% of female Jag fans.  The  high humidity down here has resulted in several bad hair days and if you have to keep trying to find the right “:product” to maintain that trademark “ bounce” , its impossible to go head first or hurdle cuz he has to get ready to flip the “do”  appropriately as soon as that helmet comes off on the sideline!  I think he has finally found something that works as the hair flips perfectly now , and the helmet is coming off less now as drives are ending in the no split end zone (tm) and he is smiling now!  ( air is cooler now and much less humid as well !) Its a breakthrough and he is the best coiffed QB in the NFL ( no frizz league) and he’s much happier with Urban no longer around confusing him with all those Blondes just asking for selfies!

I’m a tad concerned  he may wear out those cervical discs tho if that o keeps hitting the no split end zone and he may need to shorten that mop  to avoid all the unavoidable high humidity effects when they are driving toward POOL END of the stadium!  Soon there should be a new chain of Salons with the first one opening poolside here in our “ football” stadium!   No distractions allowed in this football first Rebel Riviera!   👍

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Hope Saleh kept his receipt for Wilson. Maybe he can get his pick back.

Oh no. That's so sad. Oh no! Wha happened? That's terrible. Oh NO!

Poor Quarterback drafting...first it was Sam, now Zack

Those are some premium draft picks completley wasted. The mistakes are killing this team

Edited by HOUSE
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm on the Lawrence bandwagon and think he could potentially still be even better than Herbert. Herbert's sort of putting the right numbers together but he's got the best orchestrated dump off valve with Ekeler in the league and he's not making the impact that Lawrence is. I feel like Lawrence's size and physicality is still underrated, maybe the overall Jaguars goofiness and long hair throw people off when it comes to his physical traits. 

He's probably really the closest thing to a Josh Allen maniac counterpart if he can put it all together. Like Venom vs. Carnage. The excitement is warranted. 

He has that "make something out of nothing" ability that requires strength and athleticism.  During the game I found myself comparing Wilson to him - like what if the QBs were switched. 

An example was the play the Jets LB came untouched up the middle - it was such an athletic instinctive play that Lawrence made to escape, there is zero doubt Wilson turtles and gets killed.  Wilson's one move to avoid the rush is run 15 yds backwards and 20 yds sideways then throw up a prayer. 

I'm with you I think Lawrence will be better than Herbert.  Esp now with a good coach and system (and some teammates producing) to support him.  Herbert can make some rocket throws, but to me there's  a lack of a "wow" factor when it somes to using his athleticism to make other plays - or even willingness to do so.  Maybe at this point I'm just spoiled by Josh 😛

I said all along the Jets were frauds and they essentially played their SB against the Bills in the first matchup going 1-5 since that game with the only win coming against the same bad Bears team we are facing tomorrow. Going further they are 2-6 in their last 8 games which includes that Bills SB win.

Yes there is some talent there but the media hype around this team has always been ridiculous and no matter who starting QB is wasn't going to change the outcome of any of these games because they have much deeper issues beyond that position and Mike White is still a bum as well, albeit a different kind compared to Wilson.

Jags on the other hand are surging and in control of their playoff destiny if they win against the Texans and Titans the next 2 weeks. Going to be a much tougher matchup now for whoever the #5 seed is compared to the Titans which looked like an easy win for whoever ends up in that spot.

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He has to pass through Carolina before signing with any other team. League rule.

Panthers have an 'inferiority complex' about past personnel.  Overcompensating by putting a large volume of players, however briefly.  Might have been more players through their locker room than fans through their turnstiles. 🤔😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, skibum said:

Jets are starting to look like a lot of drought-era Bills teams. Great defense featuring some bona fide studs, whiffing on QB after QB in the draft, hovering a bit below .500, with just enough wins to finish out of the top-10 draft picks. 

They've had a #3 and #2 OA in the last 5 years. I don't think the draught era Bills ever had anything like that. 

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

maybe the 1-4 matchup in the divisional round?

Could be...but if the Jags win out and we (perish the thought) drop to the #2 spot, we could get them in the 2-7 game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.