Any update on the travel ?

Repulsif

I know Bills mafia travels well but would encourage all of them to sit this one out, even if they live in Chicago/Midwest area and are within reasonable driving distance.

Stay home and enjoy watching even if stadium is empty like the Covid year. Probably going to be the true definition of an ugly boring game.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I know Bills mafia travels well but would encourage all of them to sit this one out, even if they live in Chicago/Midwest area and are within reasonable driving distance.

Stay home and enjoy watching even if stadium is empty like the Covid year. Probably going to be the true definition of an ugly boring game.

And at 1pm on a Saturday!  I am honestly thinking of recording this one and watching it in prime time.  It just kills the day at 1pm and it feels "off."

I ALWAYS watch Bills games live, no matter when that may be.

This one I may not.

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, sherpa said:

Piece of cake.

Now this is tough:

Dark night on Nimitz

Carrier shows up at about the 1:30 mark, but that is the light on the island. The landing area, to the lower left of of the island light, doesn't show up until the 2:50 mark, seconds befoe toufhdown

And taxiing after the landing is interesting also.

I love that *****. I'm a big airplane nerd. I almost went to college at Daniel Webster to become an air traffic controller until I learned it was the 2nd most stressful job in the world. 

17 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Bet there were a lot of tight sphincters during that landing with the snow and wind. Lading in high winds is not fun. Seems like every flight into Vegas is like that with the wind shear coming over the mountains.

I've had a crazy Vegas landing it was like only one wheel touched down then the rest just slammed like more than a few omgs screamed out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I've had a crazy Vegas landing it was like only one wheel touched down then the rest just slammed like more than a few omgs screamed out loud.

Vegas landings can be scary as hell. But by the time the landing takes place 90% of the passengers are cocked, lol

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They landed at ORD. NOW, Midway is brutal. A 1 square mile landing area in the middle of a city. 

Landed there once at night.Saw that lit up area in the middle of streets and said "We're landing there?"

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here's the live weather cam from Sunset Bay on Lake Erie.

[SPOILER ALERT: It's everything you guessed it to be] 😆 

https://lakeerienycams.com

One of the sponsors sales pitches caught my eye... the Amish now deal in poly? Thought they just used wood, square nails, and wax.

Sunset Backyard Living - Ready. Set. Relax!

We help you turn your patio or backyard into a relaxing space with all Amish-made poly outdoor furniture. Huge inventory plus sheds, playsets and more!

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

One of the sponsors sales pitches caught my eye... the Amish now deal in poly? Thought they just used wood, square nails, and wax.

Sunset Backyard Living - Ready. Set. Relax!

We help you turn your patio or backyard into a relaxing space with all Amish-made poly outdoor furniture. Huge inventory plus sheds, playsets and more!

Yeah... I don't think they are against the new stuff... Just slow and adverse to change. Like phones... Don't they use them? But there's like one community phone for the whole town.  ??

22 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Last time I went to Vegas, the landing was horrendous. The wind was throwing us around and my gf was squeezing her Rosary beads. The plane touched down, then bounced back up moving sideways, before landing safely. Some of these pilots are amazing. I def had to change my boxers as soon as I got to the hotel.

I was on one of them too.  Flight was extremely smooth all the way from Atlanta to Vegas, till about the last 20 minutes on decent. Thought the one wing tip was going to hit the runway as we touched down.  My wife was the opposite, she thought the entire flight was smooth, when I mentioned something about the landing she was like what are you talking about.

I do wonder how the Bills will get back to Buffalo as heard the airport is closed till Sunday evening.

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I do wonder how the Bills will get back to Buffalo as heard the airport is closed till Sunday evening.

If BUF is closed, they could possibly change the destination and bus.

Got to find an open airport with about a 7500' or longer runway, 

Toronto would be problematic due customs requirement.

41 minutes ago, sherpa said:

If BUF is closed, they could possibly change the destination and bus.

Got to find an open airport with about a 7500' or longer runway, 

Toronto would be problematic due customs requirement.

During the big storm in November, our flight from JFK to BUF on Friday was cancelled untjil at least Sunday.  We flew to Rochester instead and rented a car for the drive to Lockport.  Didn't see a snowflake in the air during the entire drive!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.