Any update on the travel ?

Repulsif

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Bet there were a lot of tight sphincters during that landing with the snow and wind. Lading in high winds is not fun. Seems like every flight into Vegas is like that with the wind shear coming over the mountains.

It’s no fun, but I’d rather be in a big plane like they are (a 767) for something like that. Every time I have to land at ROC in something like that it’s in a damn CRJ bouncing all over the place. 

• Agree 3

53 minutes ago, BRH said:

It’s no fun, but I’d rather be in a big plane like they are (a 767) for something like that. Every time I have to land at ROC in something like that it’s in a damn CRJ bouncing all over the place. 

Last time I went to Vegas, the landing was horrendous. The wind was throwing us around and my gf was squeezing her Rosary beads. The plane touched down, then bounced back up moving sideways, before landing safely. Some of these pilots are amazing. I def had to change my boxers as soon as I got to the hotel.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Bet there were a lot of tight sphincters during that landing with the snow and wind. Lading in high winds is not fun. Seems like every flight into Vegas is like that with the wind shear coming over the mountains.

They landed at ORD. NOW, Midway is brutal. A 1 square mile landing area in the middle of a city. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Piece of cake.

Now this is tough:

Dark night on Nimitz

Carrier shows up at about the 1:30 mark, but that is the light on the island. The landing area, to the lower left of of the island light, doesn't show up until the 2:50 mark, seconds befoe toufhdown

And taxiing after the landing is interesting also.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Piece of cake.

Now this is tough:

Dark night on Nimitz

Carrier shows up at about the 1:30 mark, but that is the light on the island. The landing area, to the lower left of of the island light, doesn't show up until the 2:50 mark, seconds befoe toufhdown

And taxiing after the landing is interesting also.

A few years ago I spent a weekend on the Nimitz where aviators from NAS Lemoore flew to North Island then out the boat about 100 miles off the west coast to do their carrier landing recerts for day and night.  It was wild watching this at night.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.