If you are current Directv subscriber is todays announcement gonna move you away from the provider?

Xwnyer

Just now, Xwnyer said:

They had good customer service until att acquired them

So…I lose track of when that happened, but I am certain I had issues long before that.  I’m talking no less than 15 problems.  My issues may have been unique, but one time I taped a game, got home and the screen showed the Bills game, but the screen was dark.   45 minutes later, through the customer service quagmire,  they told me it was a glitch and the recording didn’t occur. Neve gonna happen.    I hung the phone up, was getting ready to shut the tv down and the game started playing. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Switched from DTV to YTTV about 1 1/2 years ago. Best decision ever.

One of the best feelings I've had in the last 5 years, telling DTV where they can stick their dish.

Funny thing... they didn't even want anything back, told me I could keep it all or recycle.

OP - YTTV has all those features (except PIP).

If you run YTTV on Firefox, I do believe you can run in 2 different tabs & go full screen for the 1st & PIP for the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

All you have to do is login on your app with their password, scroll around and log back off……takes 1 minute at the most.

Plus the only time that ever happened to me was when I left a local channel on overnight… never anything like NFLN.

• Like (+1) 1

I canceled direct TV 3 years ago. I still got the Sunday ticket streaming package through friends of mine who had kids in college by asking to use their student email address. Easy peasy.

After I canceled and I returned my receivers at the local FedEx office the guy at the desk told me they were doing about a dozen returns daily. This was three years ago.  Directv was great in its hey day, but it's a been a dinosaur for awhile now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I was really hoping that current DTV sat subs would be able to still get NFLST via Sat feed however announcements today appear to make it exclusive offering from YTTV.

If you are a current DTV subscriber will you continue?  For me it looks like a very easy decision to walk away.  I moved in middle of October and kept the sat subscription so I could continue to access NFLST via the ST App.  My HOA provides spectrum Internet and cable as part of our base fees so I was in No hurry to install dish on new home since NFLST a is the main reason I went to DTV in 1996.  

I personally hate this decision since I a think the directv hardware is great, fast switching, whole home DVR, PIP and many other features that do not exist in any of  these streaming services that I am aware of.

wondering about others will you stay or will you go?

Too often DTV service went out whenever weather was bad.  And then there's the price.  If I could have got ST without, DTV over sat, would have stuck with them.  At least prior to ATT takeover DTV was more willing to deal and give you good offers.  But think once ATT was in charge they told them you can't keep giving it away like you were.  Which is why they didn't even really want it anymore as ATT has realized it's a financial loser.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Could there potentially be any more games on NFLN?  If not, I’m cutting loose from DTV tomorrow.

If so, it will be a game that’s nationally televised and available via NFL+. If you have that already, then you will be covered. 

On a side note, having NFL+ and having the option of watching all of the local games on my phone is awesome. I’ve been able to more flexible and still seeing the games. 

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I was really hoping that current DTV sat subs would be able to still get NFLST via Sat feed however announcements today appear to make it exclusive offering from YTTV.

If you are a current DTV subscriber will you continue?  For me it looks like a very easy decision to walk away.  I moved in middle of October and kept the sat subscription so I could continue to access NFLST via the ST App.  My HOA provides spectrum Internet and cable as part of our base fees so I was in No hurry to install dish on new home since NFLST a is the main reason I went to DTV in 1996.  

I personally hate this decision since I a think the directv hardware is great, fast switching, whole home DVR, PIP and many other features that do not exist in any of  these streaming services that I am aware of.

wondering about others will you stay or will you go?

I switched to Youtube TV 3 years ago and haven't missed cable or satellite since. Plus my mom has netflix and my sister has hulu and you can also sign up for accounts on both of those for free. additionally my firestick also has a ton of free apps to watch all sorts of free movies/tv shows and I'm a prime member, all of that is still about $60-70 less than I was paying for cable/satellite.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

3 hours ago, flomoe said:

I cut from DTV in May after being with them since 1996. The price of service got ridiculously out of hand the last 10 years but bring an out of towner, I needed ST to watch the Bills.

I was turned onto a streaming service from a friend that allows me to see just about every sporting event in the world for less than $200/year. Took the money I saved from DTV and invested in top flight internet and streaming equipment and I’ve watched every Bills game, most Sabres and an endless supply of movies. DTV is a dying service.

I was able to get ahold of a similar service. Like you, I can watch just about any major sporting event.

There are just so many streaming options. I’m excited to see what happens with NFLST on YouTube tv though. I’d like to hope they will be open to reimagining the whole affair. For instance, being able to watch games from an All-22 perspective like Thursday Nights, “Prime Vision”. Hopefully YouTube is willing to create some positive change making the whole ST and football watching experience easier and more enjoyable. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m getting to be one of the older fogeys on here, and I’ve been pretty slow to adopt streaming services. But lately, I’ve realized that I now mostly watch streaming, and when I do turn on DTV for anything other than the Bills, I rarely find anything interesting to watch unless it’s an old movie I’ve seen a dozen or more times. The best stuff we watch is on Amazon or Netflix, easily.

Looks to me like YTTV has everything I’d need and then some, plus ST. I’ve had DTV for many years, but can’t see any reason to keep it after this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.