If you are current Directv subscriber is todays announcement gonna move you away from the provider?

Xwnyer

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Curious for anyone that knows...

Will I be able to subscribe to Sunday Ticket by itself now?  Or will I need to have an annual subscription to YouTube TV too?

Personally, I refuse to pay that much monthly for television service. 

I prefer to use 2-3 streaming services at a time, and rotate them periodically.

I would be willing to spend money for Sunday Ticket alone.  But I'm not paying $80-90 per month to get all the other channels too.

Best part about YouTube tv is you can share it between 5 people…….just split the cost evenly.

I've said for a long time that as soon as the ticket goes elsewhere, I'm canceling my directv. I'm not so sure about that anymore. This past weekend I was at my brother's all day with family celebrating Christmas. He has YouTube TV  and while we were watching the football games, YouTube TV was going in and out constantly. I'm sure this isn't the norm, but it was super annoying. I'll most likely cancel dtv at some point, but not sure when. Their service has actually been very reliable for me lately and I really like watching sporting events in 4k. My major issue with them is their customer service. It's absolutely horrendous 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Best part about YouTube tv is you can share it between 5 people…….just split the cost evenly.

Will see if they support that for NFLST.  Plus I heard the userids still have to connect on home network every so often.  

I cut from DTV in May after being with them since 1996. The price of service got ridiculously out of hand the last 10 years but being an out of towner, I needed ST to watch the Bills.

I was turned onto a streaming service from a friend that allows me to see just about every sporting event in the world for less than $200/year. Took the money I saved from DTV and invested in top flight internet and streaming equipment and I’ve watched every Bills game, most Sabres and an endless supply of movies. DTV is a dying service.

Edited by flomoe
  • Like (+1) 1

Had it forever as soon as football ends I’m out now. As long as I get msg still ill get Sunday ticket on YouTube and be good. Talk about a death sentence for DTV. You had the golden ticket and didn’t care to continue…. It’s the only reason anyone had it IMO

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've said for a long time that as soon as the ticket goes elsewhere, I'm canceling my directv. I'm not so sure about that anymore. This past weekend I was at my brother's all day with family celebrating Christmas. He has YouTube TV  and while we were watching the football games, YouTube TV was going in and out constantly. I'm sure this isn't the norm, but it was super annoying. I'll most likely cancel dtv at some point, but not sure when. Their service has actually been very reliable for me lately and I really like watching sporting events in 4k. My major issue with them is their customer service. It's absolutely horrendous 

for me it's the cost.

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

FYI they sent out a promo email this afternoon - DTV Revolutionized TV now watch anywhere you go!

Yes they finally allow access to the streaming service for sat n stream users was insane couldn’t use streaming on appletv if you had a Sat subscription 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

for me it's the cost.

For me it’s access to Bills games in a reliable and predictable fashion.  YTTV better get their asses together so they don’t have same issues DTV DID WITH ITS NFLST streaming this year.  I am not a fan of depending on a slow crappy spectrum network to watch NFL. SURE DTV had issues in weather but it’s wa# minutes before service restored

100% dumping DTV, had it since 1994 for Bills NFL ST/Sabres NHL Center Ice.

YouTubeTV will have sunday ticket, so that's it for the Bills.

Maybe they get NHL at some point, but the NHL channel isn't part of their programming currently. I recently got the Hulu/ESPN/Disney bundle, and it has almost every Sabres game (MSG feed). TNT is part of YouTubeTV, so that just leaves any games that are exclusively on the NHL channel, which is pretty few.

I believe I read that DTV was paying $1.5B for NFL ST, and YouTubeTV is going to pay in the $2B range, so I'm curious to see what they charge for it.

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I was really hoping that current DTV sat subs would be able to still get NFLST via Sat feed however announcements today appear to make it exclusive offering from YTTV.

If you are a current DTV subscriber will you continue?  For me it looks like a very easy decision to walk away.  I moved in middle of October and kept the sat subscription so I could continue to access NFLST via the ST App.  My HOA provides spectrum Internet and cable as part of our base fees so I was in No hurry to install dish on new home since NFLST a is the main reason I went to DTV in 1996.  

I personally hate this decision since I a think the directv hardware is great, fast switching, whole home DVR, PIP and many other features that do not exist in any of  these streaming services that I am aware of.

wondering about others will you stay or will you go?

I’ve have DTV solely for the Ticket, and really solely for the Bills for about 20 years.  I hate it.  I am guaranteed to miss one game per year, and one year, I missed two games, one at a second home we bought.  DTV is a killer of dreams, a place where hope and decent customer service goes to die.  

I’ll probably cancel. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’ve have DTV solely for the Ticket, and really solely for the Bills for about 20 years.  I hate it.  I am guaranteed to miss one game per year, and one year, I missed two games, one at a second home we bought.  DTV is a killer of dreams, a place where hope and decent customer service goes to die.  

I’ll probably cancel. 

They had good customer service until att acquired them

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It wasn’t always that way I was with DIRECTV whenever they were very first, starting their company and we’re going door-to-door selling their dishes when I lived in Cape Cod back then and for years their service was excellent and they did everything they could to keep your business. it got really bad over recent years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.