Screen game

billvernsays

On 12/22/2022 at 3:27 PM, streetkings01 said:

Screen game? You talking about that play Chan Gailey used to call? Haven’t seen it since he was fired.

Chain Gailey actually had a knack for creative and good offensive play design.

He's too old now, but I would love to take younger Chan and give him the tool we have now, and tell him to whip up some clever stuff.  It's just what our offense could use.  A little creativity and cleverness.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:26 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Well you need an OL that can pull and pin. We have maybe 2 guys that can do that. Morse and Bates, and Bates is playing on the wrong side.

The OL is not very good. People need to realize that is one of the factors limiting this offense.

I feel so happy seeing people bring this up!

It's been a sticking point for me the past couple years, but everyone seemed fine kicking the can down the road. We need to upgrade this O-line!

2 years ago I said I'd be happy if they spent draft picks 1-7 all on O-linemen! Anything to bolster/replace what we have now!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I feel so happy seeing people bring this up!

It's been a sticking point for me the past couple years, but everyone seemed fine kicking the can down the road. We need to upgrade this O-line!

2 years ago I said I'd be happy if they spent draft picks 1-7 all on O-linemen! Anything to bolster/replace what we have now!

I thought that's what our O-Line is best at, Morse especially  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Chain Gailey actually had a knack for creative and good offensive play design.

He's too old now, but I would love to take younger Chan and give him the tool we have now, and tell him to whip up some clever stuff.  It's just what our offense could use.  A little creativity and cleverness.

Even today he would be a good mind for a new OC like Dorsey to bounce stuff off of. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.