NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

5 hours ago, eball said:

I've always tried to rationalize ST by looking at the weekly cost.  What would it cost me to go out to a bar to find the game, and sit there for three hours eating and drinking?  $20/week is a bargain, which would put the cost at $340.  I think subscribers will get it cheaper than that.  Just a hunch.

Except the Bills were either on locally (Boston) or nationally more than half the time. So per-game price goes up. But yeah, if I watch with the Bills backers I'm spending $30 minimum.

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

you do realizeyoutube  is owned by Google. Google lays down fiber optic lines.

Well that's true, but very likely they are going to lay down the fiber lines with or without ST.  I wonder too how much fiber are they laying down compared to Verizon and ATT?  Are they really a big player?

1 hour ago, chongli said:

A very thorough explanation! I am not sure DTV never let you get just Sunday Ticket. They would have made more money of tried the YouTube TV idea (but they would have needed some location to drop off the receiver or given you a prepaid label to mail it back. they could just leave the dish installed since people would use that for the next season too). 

I'd have been more than happy with the streaming online version, then no box or hardware needed.  I'd have paid them $300 for that.  When I stated I couldn't find an address to work to get the service I was also referring to the streaming version then too.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except the Bills were either on locally (Boston) or nationally more than half the time. So per-game price goes up. But yeah, if I watch with the Bills backers I'm spending $30 minimum.

Now that they are a premiere team, you’re right — the number of times I actually “needed” ST to watch them went way down last year.  But I like ST for more than the Bills…I’m a guy who is going to get the package no matter what.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, billsfan_34 said:

Yep- you can watch any game!

Except for the seven or so that were blacked out every week, including most Bills games because they were national or primary. Drove me crazy. 

I would/will love it when sports all go to an a la carte mode with no blackout restrictions.

Want to watch a game?  $10.

Want to watch all games in a time slot?  $15

Want to watch all games for a week?  $25

Want Bills games?  Give us $140 for the season.  

Want all games, get NFL network, and your favorite team scarf?  Plus on demand viewing?  $250.

Same premise with the other major sports

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

holy hell, i spend $30 in he first quarter! Dem IPAs aint cheap in DC bars!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Most of these sports sites are wise to VPNs. I've tried to beat blackouts with them and it never works.

Not that I’m advocating this…but a true GPS spoofer is what is needed.

On 12/22/2022 at 8:47 AM, Big Turk said:

Wow...wonder how much the deal was for and this likely will help the cap go up even more...Wall Street Journal reporting the deal is worth $2B+.  I guess probably not that much since they already had a deal in place for it and it just is switching(but likely at a higher rate)

Can i get this with my antenna ?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

The pricing for the first season of NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube has finally been revealed. It’s not all that dissimilar from years past, but still pricier than the final year on DirecTV in 2022, with some important distinctions. Here’s what you need to know: 

Fans can sign up starting Tuesday for the out-of-market games package.

There are two categories of pricing, one for those who subscribe to YouTube TV (cheaper) and those who will use YouTube Primetime Channels, a hub that features sports, movies, TV and other events.

In the final season of DirectTV’s 28-year run, Sunday Ticket cost $300 and up to $400 bundled with the satellite carrier’s version of RedZone. Moving forward, there is only the NFL’s own RedZone available.

After $100 presale discounts expire, YouTube TV will charge $349 for Sunday Ticket and $389 with RedZone; the cost on primetime channels once the presale discount ends are $449, and $489 with RedZone. Before June 6, the prices are $249 and $349 for the package on YouTube TV and Primetime Channels, and $50 more with RedZone.

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

The pricing for the first season of NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube has finally been revealed. It’s not all that dissimilar from years past, but still pricier than the final year on DirecTV in 2022, with some important distinctions. Here’s what you need to know: 

Fans can sign up starting Tuesday for the out-of-market games package.

There are two categories of pricing, one for those who subscribe to YouTube TV (cheaper) and those who will use YouTube Primetime Channels, a hub that features sports, movies, TV and other events.

In the final season of DirectTV’s 28-year run, Sunday Ticket cost $300 and up to $400 bundled with the satellite carrier’s version of RedZone. Moving forward, there is only the NFL’s own RedZone available.

After $100 presale discounts expire, YouTube TV will charge $349 for Sunday Ticket and $389 with RedZone; the cost on primetime channels once the presale discount ends are $449, and $489 with RedZone. Before June 6, the prices are $249 and $349 for the package on YouTube TV and Primetime Channels, and $50 more with RedZone.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

If you’re a YouTube TV subscriber, you’ll pay:

$249 for the basic season-long package of out-of-market games if you sign up during the presale that starts today and ends June 6th.

$289 if you also want the RedZone channel. (Which you should. RedZone is awesome.)

$349 for the basic package if you miss the presale.

$389 for the package including RedZone if you miss the presale.

You can also get just RedZone through YouTube TV by purchasing the Sports Plus add-on for $10.99 a month.

If you’re subscribing through YouTube’s Primetime Channels feature instead, you’ll pay:

$349 for the base package if you get in during the presale.

$389 for the package with RedZone during the presale.

$449 for the base package after the presale ends.

$489 for the full package post-presale.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.