NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

4 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

We don’t have broadband internet (house too far back from road) so have to use a hotspot, which is an upgrade from the satellite internet we used to have. Without the ticket on Direct TV, think I might be hosed, as streaming is hit or miss at my place.

This used to be my problem, because I live in the woods.. but the power companies in Mississippi are digging and putting in fiber optic everywhere. So I got mine hooked up a few months ago and I’m so happy, 75$ 1G no matter how much internet I use it doesn’t slow down like that satellite I had. I was biting my nails they would get that internet to me before Sunday ticket went to streaming lol.. but I am happy I’m not paying DTV 175$ a month anymore. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

YTTV is also going up another $8 per month starting April 18th.

I’m happy with it but I’ve been having  a lot of issues with the voice sync (I have a sound bar) after using the fast forward function.  Dunno if it’s my Firestick (which is only one generation old) or the app itself.  I see a lot of mixed responses on Reddit regarding what the problem is. Some say it’s the firestick, some say it’s the app. Some say the sound bar.  I just can’t recall it happening to me while using a different app.  

anyone have similar problems or know an easy fix?  I usually just restart my firestick while powering the tv off.  Big pain in the 

This happens maybe every 2 months or so with my Roku in the bedroom, also with soundbar… not just with YTTV, but other apps. I just turn the power strip off that feeds them for about 30 seconds, then everything’s OK again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

This happens maybe every 2 months or so with my Roku in the bedroom, also with soundbar… not just with YTTV, but other apps. I just turn the power strip off that feeds them for about 30 seconds, then everything’s OK again.

Isn’t technology supposed to get better?  This didn’t happen to me in 1983!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, chongli said:

https://www.makeuseof.com/why-youtube-tv-is-more-expensive-what-it-costs/

YouTube TV launched in 2017 at $35 per month and it has increased its price four times since then. The cost is starting to rival traditional cable TV packages, but streaming services have fewer fees, don’t require clunky hardware and are easier to cancel."

this is why I laugh at cord cutters who think they are going to save money and get a deal.

thr cost of cable TV or  streaming online totprrey TV channels sre going to eventual cost the same. It becomes a matter of promotional deals and switching.

even in streaming, just like cable you don’t really have choices. You have to take blocks of stations, even if you only want one channel.

on cable, other than old school national network stations, I might regularly watch content on 10 non sports stations

5 hours ago, djp14150 said:

this is why I laugh at cord cutters who think they are going to save money and get a deal.

thr cost of cable TV or  streaming online totprrey TV channels sre going to eventual cost the same. It becomes a matter of promotional deals and switching.

even in streaming, just like cable you don’t really have choices. You have to take blocks of stations, even if you only want one channel.

on cable, other than old school national network stations, I might regularly watch content on 10 non sports stations

but until then I'll continue save $120 month switching from directv to youtube. 

7 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Not even close, and never will be. I currently have 5 TVs in my house, and have 3 at a 2nd house. O don’t need a dish at each place and pay for two locations. I don’t need a box at each TV and pay $5 a month for each of those.  I don’t pay for “ whole house” networking, I don’t pay for insurance on the whole damn thing. I pay one monthly fee of now gunna be $76, for all of thise TVs and in two locations. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

First I'm seeing that it will be available with or without Red Zone.

youtube TV offers red zone as part of a sports package add on. Not sure if they change this now that they have the ticket

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not even close, and never will be. I currently have 5 TVs in my house, and have 3 at a 2nd house. O don’t need a dish at each place and pay for two locations. I don’t need a box at each TV and pay $5 a month for each of those.  I don’t pay for “ whole house” networking, I don’t pay for insurance on the whole damn thing. I pay one monthly fee of now gunna be $76, for all of thise TVs and in two locations. 

Check back in a few years when each device has a fee or they limit it to say just 3 devices. Any additional ones cost a fee.

thrn you need to add together your other fees for say espn+ or Disney+ and so on.

10 hours ago, djp14150 said:

I have more channels, DVR space and pay less than I did with cable.  That may change with time…,.but until it does, I laugh at you. 

On 12/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, Steptide said:

Personally, I watch YouTube videos more than regular TV. The $10 a month is well worth it for me.

I don’t pay for YouTube, it’s free, 

8 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Check back in a few years when each device has a fee or they limit it to say just 3 devices. Any additional ones cost a fee.

thrn you need to add together your other fees for say espn+ or Disney+ and so on.

Check back in a few years…… that’s your advice to not cut the cord now?  You could be dead in a few years.  People are actually saving money now…. 

I’ve been using my brother in laws Hulu, Espn, Disney account for years.  Yes, that will probably change in the future, but by that time have already saved close to $1000 dollars.  But I shouldn’t take advantage of these loopholes while they exist…,because it’ll change in a few years?  🤣 

people are laughing at you for this thought process.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I don’t pay for YouTube, it’s free, 

YouTube with no adds is amazing and has changed my life for the better 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Oh, you mean like cable already does their cable boxes and each additional one you need?  With the base plan, YouTube TV give you 3 concurrent streams.  That would cost you like $30 bucks extra on cable with paying for boxes.

Espn+ and Disney+ aren't free for cable subscribers either, so I don't know why you're trying to make it sound like those fees apply to only cord cutters.

And I would love to for you to provide a cable service that's currently cheaper than YouTube TV and has a comparable number of channels.

Not to mention, like there's an extra $20 bucks tacked onto your cable bill in taxes and fees that aren't even metioned in what they tell you cable package costs.  If your package is $100 bucks, what you're really paying is close to $120 to $125 with all the fees.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

YouTube with no adds is amazing and has changed my life for the better 

Not to mention you get YouTube music included with that.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

you're just speculating and until this happens I'll enjoy the savings and more channels for less cost...not paying extra fees for genie and dvr, extra fees just for hooking up a TV.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

you're just speculating and until this happens I'll enjoy the savings and more channels for less cost...not paying extra fees for genie and dvr, extra fees just for hooking up a TV.

The funniest part is that he wants to act like the cable companies aren't also raising their rates all the time too, so even if YouTube TV does periodically, the cable companies are still going to be more expensive regardless.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.