NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, channels such as fox2 and CBS sports channel are premium with DTV. I like that part. Standard with youtube. I haven't actually payed for the ticket in quite some time though as dtv always found a way to comp it. 

Edited by 1onemangang7

On 2/5/2023 at 11:29 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Did DTV try to keep you at all, and offer anything comparable? 

Interestingly, no. I had been a customer since 2005, and the person remarked several times about that, so I was expecting some kind of push to keep me. But they never offered anything, which is fine, since I had no intention of staying with them and didn't want to stay on the phone very long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rubes said:

Interestingly, no. I had been a customer since 2005, and the person remarked several times about that, so I was expecting some kind of push to keep me. But they never offered anything, which is fine, since I had no intention of staying with them and didn't want to stay on the phone very long.

We weren’t a customer as long as you, still we were with them for almost a decade. The guy kept mentioning the length of service like I was going to feel nostalgic and keep DTV. All he offered was direct tv streaming but no price reduction on anything. Then when I told him no, he acted shocked. He also kept mentioning all the channels they had, I told him that I basically only watch the same 70-80 channels they have on YouTube/Hulu tv without the stupid tiers. I wouldn’t have stayed with them, so tired of the haggle games they make you play. Just give me a good price and I will use your service.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Be interesting what YTTV does about the delay...during the Super Bowl, the YTTV broadcast was a full play behind the ESPN app.  

I message family in different parts of the country during Bills games and regardless how they're watching, some are ahead of others and react to a play before others see it. I think it's everywhere and not just youtube

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up: YouTube TV raised its rates, effective 3/16, $8 a month, from $64.99 to $72.99. You will need YouTube TV to get NFL Sunday Ticket. [Thanks to @ArtVandalay and @nucci for the correction.] Unlike other streaming providers, YouTube TV has raised rates without adding new channels.

https://www.makeuseof.com/why-youtube-tv-is-more-expensive-what-it-costs/

"On the bright side, YouTube is slashing the price of its 4K add-on by $10. Previously, you had to pay $19.99/month to enjoy selected channels in 4K on YouTube TV. But its price is now being slashed to $9.99/month. So, if you were paying for YouTube TV and its 4K add-on, your monthly subscription cost will only increase by $2.

This is the first bump YouTube TV has seen since 2020, but unlike before, the streaming TV service is not adding new channels to offset the higher cost."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/17/business/youtube-tv-price-hike/index.html

"Cable networks are asking for more money as they try to battle cord cutting, which has sparked price increases among all major streaming TV packages. Dish-owned Sling TV, FuboTV, Hulu plus Live TV and DirecTV Stream all hiked their monthly prices in recent months.

YouTube TV launched in 2017 at $35 per month and it has increased its price four times since then. The cost is starting to rival traditional cable TV packages, but streaming services have fewer fees, don’t require clunky hardware and are easier to cancel."

Edited by chongli

On 2/18/2023 at 7:14 AM, nucci said:

Dropped directv and switched to youtube tv. Received this yesterday. I'll let you know when early offers come in

image.thumb.png.9010da546561fd43cd4fd0ada6c0b139.png

OK, Monday is the first day of spring.  I'll be waiting for an email!!

On 3/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ned Flanders said:

Be interesting what YTTV does about the delay...during the Super Bowl, the YTTV broadcast was a full play behind the ESPN app.  

Is the delay actually You Tube or just due to internet streaming lag within each users one home?

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Just a heads up: YouTube TV raised its rates, effective 3/16, $8 a month, from $64.99 to $72.99. You will need YouTube TV to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Unlike other streaming providers, YouTube TV has raised rates without adding new channels.

https://www.makeuseof.com/why-youtube-tv-is-more-expensive-what-it-costs/

"On the bright side, YouTube is slashing the price of its 4K add-on by $10. Previously, you had to pay $19.99/month to enjoy selected channels in 4K on YouTube TV. But its price is now being slashed to $9.99/month. So, if you were paying for YouTube TV and its 4K add-on, your monthly subscription cost will only increase by $2.

This is the first bump YouTube TV has seen since 2020, but unlike before, the streaming TV service is not adding new channels to offset the higher cost."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/17/business/youtube-tv-price-hike/index.html

"Cable networks are asking for more money as they try to battle cord cutting, which has sparked price increases among all major streaming TV packages. Dish-owned Sling TV, FuboTV, Hulu plus Live TV and DirecTV Stream all hiked their monthly prices in recent months.

YouTube TV launched in 2017 at $35 per month and it has increased its price four times since then. The cost is starting to rival traditional cable TV packages, but streaming services have fewer fees, don’t require clunky hardware and are easier to cancel."

Wonder if this will be like when HD TV first came out.  Think it was on DTV, was an extra monthly $10 cost, but eventually once it became mainstream, the extra fee was dropped.

The biggest reason I have You Tube over any type of cable package is I own two houses, so allows me to pay for one service and use it in two locations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just a heads up: YouTube TV raised its rates, effective 3/16, $8 a month, from $64.99 to $72.99. You will need YouTube TV to get NFL Sunday Ticket. Unlike other streaming providers, YouTube TV has raised rates without adding new channels.

Unless they have made a recent change, this is not true. You do NOT need YouTube TV to get Sunday Ticket. 

Sunday Ticket will be available through YouTube's Primetime Channel option, which you can subscribe to WITHOUT being a YT TV subscriber. They will offer a discount to YT TV subscribers though. 

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/10/nfl-considers-a-cheaper-sunday-ticket-offering-on-youtube/

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think this is true. 

Bundled or standalone

NFL Sunday Ticket is available standalone, or save more with a YouTube TV membership.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Today is my first day on YouTube TV. Bit of a pain to figure out how to navigate through the channels. I assume it will just take some getting used to. 

won't take too long. Go to LIVE then just scroll thru the guide. Also go to youtube tv on your laptop. You can hide channels you don't watch and also put the channels you watch more frequently at the top of the guide

image.thumb.png.db3fa97255a495ea5631fc1b4c464111.png

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Today is my first day on YouTube TV. Bit of a pain to figure out how to navigate through the channels. I assume it will just take some getting used to. 

Yes, it’s like anything new.  But you can go online (laptop/desktop) and put the channels in your order of preference.  That was big for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, it’s like anything new.  But you can go online (laptop/desktop) and put the channels in your order of preference.  That was big for me.

No *****, that is awesome, because the default way they have it set up isn't the most intuitive. I also hate that there's no last channel button. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Unless they have made a recent change, this is not true. You do NOT need YouTube TV to get Sunday Ticket. 

Sunday Ticket will be available through YouTube's Primetime Channel option, which you can subscribe to WITHOUT being a YT TV subscriber. They will offer a discount to YT TV subscribers though. 

https://techcrunch.com/2023/02/10/nfl-considers-a-cheaper-sunday-ticket-offering-on-youtube/

Got it! Will correct my post! [Edit: it's hard to tag you since 2 other users have similar user names!]

52 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't think this is true. 

Thank you! Will correct my post.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.