NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

Wow...wonder how much the deal was for and this likely will help the cap go up even more...Wall Street Journal reporting the deal is worth $2B+.  I guess probably not that much since they already had a deal in place for it and it just is switching(but likely at a higher rate)

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

• Big Turk changed the title to NFL grants Google's YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023
Just now, What a Tuel said:

I've never had Sunday Ticket. This allows you to watch out of market games right?

Yes, live.  NFL+ provides replays.

I am so thankful that awful deal with AT&T and Direct TV is over with.  Where i am located AT&T tried to place you into cable bondage just to get the Sunday Ticket.  I refused to do so because among the requirements was a long term contract. Not to mention DirectTV burned me about a decade ago and I went from loyal customer to hating them with a passion. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

On one hand, I'm happy that I can finally ditch DirecTV, which is wildly overpriced.

On the other hand, I'm not happy about the Ticket landing on YouTube TV, which is also wildly overpriced.

I would have greatly preferred Amazon, Apple, Disney, or any other service that doesn't bundle football with a bunch of other channels that I don't want.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Was hoping it would be Amazon since I already have prime and think they've done a good job with the thurs games.  Looks like I'll have to subscribe to yet another streaming service.  At least I don't have to give Apple any of my money

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GolfandBills said:

YouTube TV has a 30 second delay.  Should be interesting 

Most streaming apps do - even the Sunday ticket app 

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

On one hand, I'm happy that I can finally ditch DirecTV, which is wildly overpriced.

On the other hand, I'm not happy about the Ticket landing on YouTube TV, which is also wildly overpriced.

I would have greatly preferred Amazon, Apple, Disney, or any other service that doesn't bundle football with a bunch of other channels that I don't want.

Ya this isn’t a good deal for consumers 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Reporting on it now says it will be available a la Carte like for those who were allowed to get the streaming package from Directv. $300-400 a season

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They should just sell games individually for $10.99 each week or something like that and you can pick and choose which ones you want, instead of forcing people to pay hundreds of dollars a year

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Reporting on it now says it will be available a la Carte like for those who were allowed to get the streaming package from Directv. $300-400 a season

Nah, I'm good lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

This would be great.  Literally everything I watch except for live sports is from a streaming service.  I do not want DTV, cable, or a cable alternative.  Who even watches live television with commercials in 2022?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes, but with so many free options to stream unsure why anyone would pay for it.

Do any of the "free" options consistently work throughout the entire stream, though? No freezing, no excessive buffering, that kind of nonsense?

I'm legitimately asking, because I've been paying for NFL Gamepass for the past few years to ensure that I get high video quality and that the game actually works and doesn't have all sorts of tech hiccups.

In your experience, are the free streams actually GOOD?

• Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

NFL Reddit streams is priced pretty nicely.

Just now, Logic said:

Do any of the "free" options consistently work throughout the entire stream, though? No freezing, no excessive buffering, that kind of nonsense?

I'm legitimately asking, because I've been paying for NFL Gamepass for the past few years to ensure that I get high video quality and that the game actually works and doesn't have all sorts of tech hiccups.

In your experience, are the free streams actually GOOD?

Yeah, literally all of them. Never had an issue with the streams. They are fantastic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.