Prayer Request

JoeF

I am a strong believer in the power of prayer.  This request is for a teammate on my stepson's high school hockey squad. 

This 16 year old teammate had a stroke two weeks ago (not related to anything on the ice) and was diagnosed with moyamoya disease.  He has underwent two brain surgeries and had strokes on the operating table during both.  The prognosis is dim at best at right now.  Mom and dad are making arrangements for palliative care.

This young man is from a wonderful family with an aces mom and dad.  He is a gritty young hockey player who I loved from the first time I saw him skate.  He is also an all conference level baseball player. 

I am praying for comfort and for a miracle.....would appreciate any other prayers.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 11

Heartbroken to report that the young man passed away late last evening.  The support shown by our hockey community has been amazing and heartwarming to the parents.  Thank you to those who commented and viewed this post.  Rest in peace #86...the image of you will always be sprinting down the ice, puck on stick to an open net.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, JoeF said:

Heartbroken to report that the young man passed away late last evening.  The support shown by our hockey community has been amazing and heartwarming to the parents.  Thank you to those who commented and viewed this post.  Rest in peace #86...the image of you will always be sprinting down the ice, puck on stick to an open net.

I pray that in time the family and loved ones come to feel the love on Christmas Day and not let their loss define the day. It will always be in their minds, but eventually there can be more smiles and laughs, and far fewer tears. 

God bless. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

I pray that in time the family and loved ones come to feel the love on Christmas Day and not let their loss define the day. It will always be in their minds, but eventually there can be more smiles and laughs, and far fewer tears. 

God bless. 

Hi Augie,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I hope you and yours had a blessed Christmas. 

The mom and dad are really strong in faith.  They are viewing it as a gift from heaven that he was removed from suffering on Christmas. He has an older brother (senior on the varsity hockey team) and two younger sisters.  Just a great, great family. 

There are times like this when your and my shared experience of losing a child can help.  It did today for a bit.  My heart aches and breaks. 

Sorry to bore everyone with personal stuff...but this has just torn me apart and posting is a bit cathartic.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Christians believe that to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD.  His friends and family grieve his passing of course.

But you might think of it as #86 achieved ultimate healing.  May God Bless those whom are grieving and grant them Your Peace. In Jesus name I pray Amen

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

Christians believe that to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD.  His friends and family grieve his passing of course.

But you might think of it as #86 achieved ultimate healing.  May God Bless those whom are grieving and grant them Your Peace. In Jesus name I pray Amen

Thank you.  God bless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:49 AM, JoeF said:

I'm sorry to hear of your and your friends' loss.  Always terribly sad to learn of any child's death. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.