Josh Allen doesn’t like Domed stadium supports open air

BuffaloBills1998

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You're full of *****

Look at the win/loss record in Orchard Park: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/stadiums/BUF00.htm

And it's not like the Bills have been a hugely successful franchise. The fact is that playing in Buffalo in the elements late is absolutely an advantage. The organization knows this.

Compare that to the win/loss record in a dome like New Orleans over the same time period: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/stadiums/NOR00.htm

Despite what many people like to claim, domes even the playing field for both teams more than outdoor stadiums do. Invite worse teams to your cushy dome and they're going to play better football.

How was that late season home field advantage in the time between when Kelly & Allen were the QB’s?

My guess is, not so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unless the weather conditions are genuinely extreme (i.e. below zero with significant winds, a really heavy rain in 32.5 degree weather) you don't even notice it when you're on the field. You're so caught up in the heat of combat that the external stuff all just kind of goes away. None of this dome talk is about player comfort, it's all about the fans.

As far as it affecting the offense negatively? The other night the Bills opened the second half with 4 straight punts and fumble on 5 drives where they averaged about 3 plays per drive in clear weather with minimal wind. As soon as it started snowing and blowing they reeled off a pair of 80 yrd drives to win the game.

This is not about the players, it's about the fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't know about anyone else, but the two types of weather I can't stand are windy and rainy or bitter cold.  And I tolerate bitter cold better.

What I want is a grass field because I think it is better for player safety and because I am nostalgic for games with mud in them.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

If this doesn’t settle it once and for all….

In ideal world I wanted a retractable roof. But im not paying for it, so I don’t have the right to complain. The initial rendering were really nice. 

Another ideal design I wish we could’ve mimicked was the Vikings’ stadium. So much glass it doesn’t feel like you’re playing inside. I absolutely love it. That’s one of my fav stadiums. 

That being said, im happy with future renderings. They better include those massive buffalos out in front. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Toeing the company line. What's he supposed to say after his boss just spent over $1 billion on a new open air stadium?

Isn't most of the stadium funding coming from NY state taxpayers?   And its not a popular budget item in the state legislature.  So its amusing how many posters here are up in arms over lack of dome when in reality there would have been no financial support for it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

How was that late season home field advantage in the time between when Kelly & Allen were the QB’s?

My guess is, not so much. 

It’s an advantage , but can only go so far. It can’t make up for not having a decent QB for around 20 years 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

Was there controversy over whether to build a dome? Doesn’t seem like a bad idea, maybe downtown.

Controversy no, Ankle biter yes.  Some who will bring it up constantly even on unconnected threads yes.

I think reducing capacity is more controversial than dome since majority of teams in AFC do not have domes and only 1 Indianapolis has one who is not share crop sharing with a NFC team.

I was at this game and it was great! You can't really see how much it was snowing in this video but I could hardly see Moulds catching those balls. I believe it snowed 14 inches in the 4th quarter alone.  The cold was unbearable but that is the home field advantage.

I also went to a Bills vs Jets game and my beer froze lol.

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

This 100%…and guaranteed if the Bills were building a domed stadium, Allen would be all for it. 

Josh doesn't want an open air stadium...the fans do. He'll say what the fans want to hear. This whole argument doesn't really matter anymore since plans have already been drawn. Our stadium will be open air with an enhanced canopy. Hopefully this reduces the wind. Snow games we'll have an advantage considering the ball will have a better grip than on rainy days. I personally would've preferred spending the extra 400M on a dome. I just don't want to see any weather neutralize Josh's physical abilities. But I totally understand the local sentiment about keeping it open. Won't deny how cool it was seeing that snow in the 4th quarter. 

• Like (+1) 2

I actually would rather have a dome for hot games than hold. I can heat up for cold games with hot packs and proper dressing but hot games you just bake 

worst game I went to was like week one of college football and it was UT (austin tx) at home 100+ degrees and sunny can’t even drink to cool down bc it heats up so quick

also got scorched in Miami a few years back Charles clay drop game and the bills game vs the pats with fitzy when we won (worth it) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.