Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Would you say you're concerned? Need this for the spreadsheet I'm compiling of all the things Bills fans are C O N C E R N E D about during this 11-3 campaign.

This is much needed data for the annual Concern Queen Ball. At the end of the season we have to determine who's the most concerned queen of them all!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly would do a mush rush against him and not get up field. I want Justin Fields to beat me with his arm and his lack of weapons. They are missing Darnell Mooney, most likely will be without Claypool who has a knee injury, and have been missing Khalil Herbert who might or might not be back. 

Don't expect a lot of sacks this week. Expect a slowed down rush with a Milano,Edmunds spy and the expectation that we will hold up on the back end in coverage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He’s a less impressive Lamar to me. Elite running skills, average to below average passing skills. He’s averaging 150 yards passing per game, that shouldn’t scare anyone. I’d be a bit more scared to be going up against a real RB with a real QB. 

He's a much better pure passer than Lamar with much better arm strength. His problem is processing the field. If the game can slow down for him, and if they surround him with talent, yadda yadda yadda. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Here's hoping we get more of the bad than good.

Agreed.  I’m definitely worried about him, especially in the potential conditions 

Considering the Bills blowing anybody out, even bade teams (not many on the schedule), has gone the way of the Dodo I'm not going to jump on anyone for getting anxious about going on the road, in terrible conditions, on a terrible field, with a now typically banged up squad, against a team that has nothing to lose against the Bills and is likely treating this as their mini super bowl.  

So the next "Bills by 20" that comes true will be the first one since October 9th, 10 games ago in a 14 game season so far.

We must have 3 straight and everybody should be taken seriously to avoid the "if we just would have beat the Jags" scenario.

Go Bills!

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Considering the Bills blowing anybody out, even bade teams (not many on the schedule), has gone the way of the Dodo I'm not going to jump on anyone for getting anxious about going on the road, in terrible conditions, on a terrible field, with a now typically banged up squad, against a team that has nothing to lose against the Bills and is likely treating this as their mini super bowl.  

So the next "Bills by 20" that comes true will be the first one since October 9th, 10 games ago in a 14 game season so far.

We must have 3 straight and everybody should be taken seriously to avoid the "if we just would have beat the Jags" scenario.

Go Bills!

And “remember the Jags” lives on

• Haha (+1) 2

The Bills defense seems uniquely suited to limiting rushing QBs.

It probably has something to do with the very fast sideline-to-sideline linebackers and the two defensive minds (McDermott and Frazier) who spent years in the NFC, either coaching with or against players like Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb.

That said, given the Bills recent tackling struggles, the trouble they had stopping Miami's run game, and the brutally cold weather, there is a distinct possibility that the Bears will be able to run it down the Bills' throats.

Overall, if the Bills can counter with a run game of their own and take care of the football, I think they win handily.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, julian said:

And “remember the Jags” lives on

they should build a bronze “Remember the Jags” statue outside of the new stadium.

It can include the final score of that game, a likeness of Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen, and also a rendition of Urban Meyer grinding on that one college girl.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.