NFL Network Analyst Willie McGinest arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon in LA

Big Turk

9 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

No where did i say he was actively committing a crime while eating and you know this,  not sure why you want to play games like that. 

And yes, many posters have already jumped to remove him from TV and throw him in jail, take a read. 

That's fine, i don't blame people for having their gut feelings on this, but all means do so...  I just think it's silly for people to be so outraged they want him immediately jailed and lose his job and they don't even know anything other than a video clip lol.

Read through the thread at the amount of people that want him kicked off NFL Network and thrown in prison... without knowing anything about this other than the video clip. 

McGinnest committed a crime on video.  He casually walked up and beat a guy.  It won't matter what happened before that as far as the law is concerned.  He can't claim self defense so...what will he tell the judge?  What don't we know that would lead the judge to say "oh, that makes sense. you may go free"?

You must be thinking of some defense that would free him.  Why don't you just tell us what it is---and spare us your "rapists, sexual absuers, child abusers, domestic abusers" stuff.  Ol' Willie isn't some Street Avenger hunting down bad men.  Even if your bizarro scenario was true--it's not a legal defense, obviously.

So tell us what he tell "the judge" that gets him off and back into "society"?

That's fine, i don't blame people for having their gut feelings on this, but all means do so...  I just think it's silly for people to be so outraged they want him immediately jailed and lose his job and they don't even know anything other than a video clip lol.

i'm not outraged, nor am i looking for any punishment.  just pointing out that it was stupid of him.  when you have that much to lose, you better be smarter.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I don't know what the facts are, no one does.  The point is wait for the fact before judging.

This is the internet not the courtroom. People can have whatever opinion suits them based on the video.  I think you significantly edited this post but video is very damning it’s not just someone’s interpretation of what might have happened.  You can see it with your own eyes.  

can’t wait to find out what led to it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, maddenboy said:

exactly the opposite

this is real life.  I think a lot of you are way overreacting.  Have you never seen a beat down?  This happens all the time

Occasionally it will involve a former athlete. 

It didnt look like they were trying to kill him.  Just punish him for whatever-or-other.

He will be punished.  Sure.  But these things happen all the time in the real world.

I think you’d be laughed out of a juror deliberation room with that argument 

• Disagree 1

I dont think so.

A battery occurred.  By each of several defendants.  ADW too, from the looks of it, because a champagne bottle is definitely a deadly weapon as it was wielded/used here.  Possibly also a criminal conspiracy.

Self-defense doesnt seem applicable.

I'm not talking about court.  I'm speaking directly to the hysteria in the thread over a simple beatdown-jump.  Just because Mcguinest is a used-to-be, semi-famous athlete in a team sport, on a team we hate.  'Im saying yesterday probably 30-50 people got jumped.  This one is no worse than any other. .

Edited by maddenboy

11 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

No where did i say he was actively committing a crime while eating and you know this,  not sure why you want to play games like that. 

And yes, many posters have already jumped to remove him from TV and throw him in jail, take a read. 

Read through the thread at the amount of people that want him kicked off NFL Network and thrown in prison... without knowing anything about this other than the video clip. 

In what world does walking up to someone and starting a 6 on 1 fight then proceeding to smash the man in the face with a giant wine/champagne bottle not constitute some form of assault?

Regardless of anything that happened before this, there was no imminent threat to his person so there is no self defense claim, he could have simply walked away and left the area instead of starting that.

Edited by Big Turk

11 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Not sure if the original video they have has any sound that may offer some of what may have been said during this ambush.

I didn't find any sound from the video but I am not bad at lip reading. Heres what I can decipher from the video-

As McGinest leans over the table of the victim he seems to say - Excuse me good sir, do you by any chance have any Grey Poupon at this table?

Victim seems to say - What? You mean mustard?

Willy - Must...? Why you! Take that and that..... Hmmmph 

Victim  - ooof....uhhh...oww

Entourage - Get 'em........ Uhhh....... hmmmph...... show you

Willy - My pants...... my pants

After altercation

Victim seems to yell - Hah, the jokes on you, I did , in fact, have Grey Poupon all along !!!!

Or words to that effect.

Edited by wnyguy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:09 PM, f0neguy said:

Has he lost his broadcast job yet?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/19/nfl-network-suspends-willie-mcginest-pending-investigation-of-criminal-charges/

[ Don't try to copy title, filled with crap unrelated]

“We are aware of the incident and the video, which is disturbing. Willie McGinest will not appear on NFL Network while we review the matter,” a spokesman for NFL Network told PFT via email.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’d rather let it play out and find out what the circumstances were but there’s one thing that is undeniable five guys beat down one guy it’s on camera does Willie McGinest really need for other guys in order to give some common dude a beating add some gang mentality ***** right there

There is no circumstance that allows a person to assault someone 6 on 1 when there is no immediate threat of bodily harm to you from that person.  If they felt unsafe for whatever reason(which is BS because what dude who is 6'5" 250 is going to feel unsafe with 5 other dudes the same size or bigger with them), they had the option to leave. Instead they assaulted him, including smacking him in the face repeatedly with a wine/champagne bottle.

What "circumstances" make that OK?

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I didn't find any sound from the video but I am not bad at lip reading. Heres what I can decipher from the video-

As McGinest leans over the table of the victim he seems to say - Excuse me good sir, do you by any chance have any Grey Poupon at this table?

Victim seems to say - What? You mean mustard?

Willy - Must...? Why you! Take that and that..... Hmmmph 

Victim  - ooof....uhhh...oww

Entourage - Get 'em........ Uhhh....... hmmmph...... show you

Willy - My pants...... my pants

After altercation

Victim seems to yell - Hah, the jokes on you, I did , in fact, have Grey Poupon all along !!!!

Or words to that effect.

LMAO!!!

What you didn't see before this is that Willie asked the gentleman for some Polaner All-Fruit and the guy shouted to his friend across the table "Would you please pass the jelly!"...Willie got so offended he had to be held back, a member of his entourage fainted...the Grey Poupon incident was simply the straw that broke the camel's back...can't be dining with Heathen's like that in a swanky club in LA...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

image.png.2d78f4b7adc5ab50f4306efd8dd6a4ee.png

never caught him

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

I dont think so.

A battery occurred.  By each of several defendants.  ADW too, from the looks of it, because a champagne bottle is definitely a deadly weapon as it was wielded/used here.  Possibly also a criminal conspiracy.

Self-defense doesnt seem applicable.

I'm not talking about court.  I'm speaking directly to the hysteria in the thread over a simple beatdown-jump.  Just because Mcguinest is a used-to-be, semi-famous athlete in a team sport, on a team we hate.  'Im saying yesterday probably 30-50 people got jumped.  This one is no worse than any other. .

Plus indecent exposure...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Anyone who's anyone knows that you wait until they leave the restaurant before jumping them.

That's the true gangsta move...

Fake gangstas come and fake gangstas go...

Real gangstas chill cause real gangstas know...

that too much heat will get you beef on the street.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:26 PM, WideNine said:

This on top of that epic embarrassment of a game against the Raiders... Pat fans will be jumping off bridges.

Can't get enough of Chandler Jones just shoving Mac to the turf by his face as he runs over him for the game-clinching TD.

Capture3.JPG

And If you watch Mac tries to trip him too. I hate Mac Jones he’s such a scumbag.

Edited by BeefCurtns
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is the internet not the courtroom. People can have whatever opinion suits them based on the video.  I think you significantly edited this post but video is very damning it’s not just someone’s interpretation of what might have happened.  You can see it with your own eyes.  

can’t wait to find out what led to it.  

Not sure what you are referring to, didn't edit the post you quoted, it would say if i did.

Blows my mind that waiting for factual information is such a ground breaking take.

I mean do you people go through life making snap judgements with no facts? 

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

McGinnest committed a crime on video.  He casually walked up and beat a guy.  It won't matter what happened before that as far as the law is concerned.  He can't claim self defense so...what will he tell the judge?  What don't we know that would lead the judge to say "oh, that makes sense. you may go free"?

You must be thinking of some defense that would free him.  Why don't you just tell us what it is---and spare us your "rapists, sexual absuers, child abusers, domestic abusers" stuff.  Ol' Willie isn't some Street Avenger hunting down bad men.  Even if your bizarro scenario was true--it's not a legal defense, obviously.

So tell us what he tell "the judge" that gets him off and back into "society"?

Not talking legality, talking morality. You don't know any information but you have all the answers, I'm merely reserving judgements for the facts.

Oh yes, I'll spare you the example of abuse because as we all know children or women are never raped or abused this day and age, you're right. My bad.  Would never happen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Not sure what you are referring to, didn't edit the post you quoted, it would say if i did.

Blows my mind that waiting for factual information is such a ground breaking take.

I mean do you people go through life making snap judgements with no facts? 

Not talking legality, talking morality. You don't know any information but you have all the answers, I'm merely reserving judgements for the facts.

Oh yes, I'll spare you the example of abuse because as we all know children or women are never raped or abused this day and age, you're right. My bad.  Would never happen. 

Can you point the child rapers in that video?

So now you are reduced to (clinging to, really), the absurdity that McGinest was wandering around Vegas lounges looking for the bad guy and administering street/"moral" justice to them on behalf of the raped and abused?  

And that to challenge your (ahem) logic.... is tantamount to asserting  that women and children "are never raped or abused in this day and age"?

keep this gold river flowing, man---this is good stuff!

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.