NFL Network Analyst Willie McGinest arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon in LA

Big Turk

28 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You realize the other person could have committed an actual crime prior to this, right? Done something really awful.

Just saying, wait for the facts, and yes you would need a pretty good reason for this. I won't list them out but you can use your imagination.  

I just don't understand the rush to cancel his job and remove him from society. Wait for the facts. 

Welcome to the new America guilty until proven innocent ! We've been watching this for the better part of 3 plus years everyday in the media !

He should be maybe taken off the job until a investigation into why this happened is done & there can be a determination to exactly why it happened then proceed if any discipline needs doing .

But by the looks of it it could have been handled a bit more civilized but there could have been some extenuating circumstances but 4 on 1 COME ON MAN . 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Welcome to the new America guilty until proven innocent ! We've been watching this for the better part of 3 plus years everyday in the media !

He should be maybe taken off the job until a investigation into why this happened is done & there can be a determination to exactly why it happened then proceed if any discipline needs doing .

But by the looks of it it could have been handled a bit more civilized but there could have been some extenuating circumstances but 4 on 1 COME ON MAN . 

well, he's on camera being guilty of assault, so the whole innocent part is out the window.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, T master said:

What is he supposed to be proven innocent of exactly?

48 minutes ago, T master said:

1) Vigilante justice is not legal in the US, whether morally justified or not
2) He has been suspended by the NFL network while they review the matter

There's also this:
https://www.tmz.com/2016/09/30/willie-mcginest-sued-you-knocked-me-out-cold-called-me-a-B word-ass-n/

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, T master said:

I respectfully disagree that the "why" this happened is pertinent here. Here's an example. Gosh golly gee I'm low of funds for Christmas. I think I'll rob a bank. Im justified right?  I was layed off from my job and Im broke.

Or even trickier is  "That SOB harmed my daughter so now Im going to kick his behind to assuage my anger at the injustice of what she endured."

Guess what folks. Im not a police force member but my guess is that charges would be brought in each of those cases regardless of why they did  it.  The "why" will be brought up in his defense as a mitigating circumstance and may carry weight as far as reducing punishment if he is found guilty. What happened in the venue isnt i question. It is on Tape.

Lets say he did have a reason that people can empathize with aka defensing his daughters honor. My mother used to tell me "2 wrongs don't make a right" Now instead of one injured party (the daughter) there are now 3.....daughter, victim and assaulter (McGinest) And now the daughter conceivably has to deal with the fact her dad will be sued and charged legally and maybe even losing his job on account of something someone allegedly did to Her.  She shouldnt have to carry that weight burden

i had to beg my dad to Not beat down the person who assaulted me. I am so glad he didnt. I would rightly or wrongly felt somewhat responsible.

Let the legal system do their thing and then the civil courts.  I call what he did Bogus full stop.

And on tape so ambiguity  isn't there. I imagine McGinest will have his day in court unless it settles out of court first. 

Edited by muppy
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, muppy said:

I respectfully disagree that the "why" this happened is pertinent here. Here's an example. Gosh golly gee I'm low of funds for Christmas. I think I'll rob a bank. Im justified right?  I was layed off from my job and Im broke.

Or even trickier is  "That SOB harmed my daughter so now Im going to kick his behind to assuage my anger at the injustice of what she endured."

Guess what folks. Im not a police force member but my guess is that charges would be brought in each of those cases regardless of why they did  it.  The "why" will be brought up in his defense as a mitigating circumstance and may carry weight as far as reducing punishment if he is found guilty. What happened in the venue isnt i question. It is on Tape.

Lets say he did have a reason that people can empathize with aka defensing his daughters honor. My mother used to tell me "2 wrongs don't make a right" Now instead of one injured party (the daughter) there are now 3.....daughter, victim and assaulter (McGinest) And now the daughter conceivably has to deal with the fact her dad will be sued and charged legally and maybe even losing his job on account of something someone allegedly did to Her.  She shouldnt have to carry that weight burden

i had to beg my dad to Not beat down the person who assaulted me. I am so glad he didnt. I would rightly or wrongly felt somewhat responsible.

Let the legal system do their thing and then the civil courts.  I call what he did Bogus full stop.

And on tape so ambiguity  isn't there. I imagine McGinest will have his day in court unless it settles out of court first. 

Willie is facing criminal charges.  He can plead guilty or go to trial.  No settling out of court on criminal charges.  He'll probably get sued and in that situation he can settle out of court.

It's genuinely pathetic to see a guy in his '50s act that way.  I mean, it would be pathetic for anyone, at any age - but he's 51, has a family, and a very high profile job.

Sad to see people acting like that, in any circumstances.  Everyone can take a lesson from this:  count to 10, think about what you're doing.  Try to treat everyone in your life and that you encounter better.  We all have choices, every day.  Choose the better options.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The guy sitting chatting in the booth was committing a crime?  Must have missed that in the video.  Did the cops arrest him too?

No one here is "removing him from society".  The criminal justice system is for that.

No where did i say he was actively committing a crime while eating and you know this,  not sure why you want to play games like that. 

And yes, many posters have already jumped to remove him from TV and throw him in jail, take a read. 

9 hours ago, teef said:

as i mentioned before, i doubt this happened for noble reasons.  i can't be certain, but i'm certain.  

That's fine, i don't blame people for having their gut feelings on this, but all means do so...  I just think it's silly for people to be so outraged they want him immediately jailed and lose his job and they don't even know anything other than a video clip lol.

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Adults shouldn't be starting fistfights.  McGinest is a 51-year-old man, for Christ's sakes.  Grow the f*ck up.

No one is going to remove anyone from society ... calm down.  And why on earth would you use the word "cancel," in this context?

Read through the thread at the amount of people that want him kicked off NFL Network and thrown in prison... without knowing anything about this other than the video clip. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, T master said:

So it's okay in your book that 4 people just walk up & start pummeling someone in a public place around a bunch of innocent people ? Wow remind me to not be any where that you are !! 

Why don't you enlighten us all on the facts surrounding the reasons why Willy & 3 others just start beating this guy ? As Bill Burr say there had to be a reason that led up to the ass whooping it doesn't just happen .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2L4UUL8TiY

It wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was involved in some way as they say "Instant A Hole just add alcohol" but even then anything short of calling Willy's mom or a family member something very nasty or a personal threat that action is unwarranted !! 

I don't know what the facts are, no one does.  The point is wait for the fact before judging.

This guy would need to have done something awful for this to be acceptable. 

Some people deserve beatings like this yes, rapists, sexual absuers, child abusers, domestic abusers, etc. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

T

9 hours ago, teef said:

well, he's on camera being guilty of assault, so the whole innocent part is out the window.

We also don't know the extent of the injuries the victim sustained.  That he was able to speak and stand after is amazing.  

Myself I loved the fictional premise of Dexter but I always understood I would not condone such vigilante justice to be accepted.  So spare us some fictional possible reasons where this could be justified.  I can come up with all types of fictional stories to justify or to vilify him based on the visual we have.  Not sure if the original video they have has any sound that may offer some of what may have been said during this ambush.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Read through the thread at the amount of people that want him kicked off NFL Network and thrown in prison... without knowing anything about this other than the video clip. 

So you think Two Bills Drive community members have the power to remove a man from society?

Jesus Christ ... I guess these TBD dues I pay ARE worth it!!!

6 hours ago, muppy said:

my understanding is he can be tried both ways... legally first, the prosecution and defense conceivably  make a deal and it settles before trial.   then civilly and the same premise applies  I could be wrong.

@BringBackFergy

Commonly known as a plea bargain  (not a settlement)and  it’s very possible that could be the end result here. Long way from that at this point though. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

No where did i say he was actively committing a crime while eating and you know this,  not sure why you want to play games like that. 

And yes, many posters have already jumped to remove him from TV and throw him in jail, take a read. 

That's fine, i don't blame people for having their gut feelings on this, but all means do so...  I just think it's silly for people to be so outraged they want him immediately jailed and lose his job and they don't even know anything other than a video clip lol.

Are we really surprised ? Many wanted Jerry Sullivan fired - for the crime of verbally stereotyping the behaviors of a certain subset of fans. The video clip speaks for itself- though we lack details and context. I’m sure many of those same folks would support a guy who just literally pulverized another human being and argue that he doesn’t deserve to lose his job, is misunderstood etc etc. What a &@€!#% up world we live in. 

9 hours ago, muppy said:

Lets say he did have a reason that people can empathize with aka defensing his daughters honor. My mother used to tell me "2 wrongs don't make a right" Now instead of one injured party (the daughter) there are now 3.....daughter, victim and assaulter (McGinest) And now the daughter conceivably has to deal with the fact her dad will be sued and charged legally and maybe even losing his job on account of something someone allegedly did to Her.  She shouldnt have to carry that weight 

Don't forget now the victims family and friends have the rights to form their own posse to mete out justice for the harm they endured at the hands of Willie and each of his crew.  This now has to rinse and repeat and before you know it everyone is running amok attacking anything that looks at them funny or offends them.  

9 hours ago, muppy said:

And that would have just made the injury you already suffered at your assailants hands that much more painful.  You very rightly removed the power that criminal thought he won over you.  

9 hours ago, muppy said:

I certainly hope that I your case that the law enforcement and justice system apprehended and punished your assailant properly.  

9 hours ago, muppy said:

And on tape so ambiguity  isn't there. I imagine McGinest will have his

day in court unless it settles out of court first. 

Thing is as it's very possible this has some sort of gang affiliation, not saying there is, but Willie's age puts him right smack dab in the era where there was alot of gang activity in CA.   I don't recall specific areas but I'd imagine Long Beach isn't far from LA where many gangs were based.  Google gangs in long Beach where Willie is from.  There are 55 known gang affiliations there 1 in every 100 people are involved in a gang there.  That explains the other people in video looking on as if this is a common sight to see.  The police making a statement of this incident maybe related to another incident could just be a previous gang related act of violence which prompted this retaliation. Just because the man has 3 daughters doesn't mean he's suddenly this stand up citizen who must have been triggered into such a brutal act.  And if this is gang related there may be further related retaliation.  

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

This guy would need to have done something awful for this to be acceptable. 

No, there is nothing that he could have done that would make it acceptable. Understandable perhaps but not acceptable ... unless you have no respect for the rule of law and think vigilantism is okay

6 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Some people deserve beatings like this yes, rapists, sexual absuers, child abusers, domestic abusers, etc. 

Oh, you do 🙄 I'd be intrigued to know what you would include in your "etc." Where is the line ... and who draws it?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

No, there is nothing that he could have done that would make it acceptable. Understandable perhaps but not acceptable ... unless you have no respect for the rule of law and think vigilantism is okay

Oh, you do 🙄 I'd be intrigued to know what you would include in your "etc." Where is the line ... and who draws it?

People who refer to Wednesday as “hump day.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Don't forget now the victims family and friends have the rights to form their own posse to mete out justice for the harm they endured at the hands of Willie and each of his crew.  This now has to rinse and repeat and before you know it everyone is running amok attacking anything that looks at them funny or offends them.  

And that would have just made the injury you already suffered at your assailants hands that much more painful.  You very rightly removed the power that criminal thought he won over you.  

I certainly hope that I your case that the law enforcement and justice system apprehended and punished your assailant properly.  

Thing is as it's very possible this has some sort of gang affiliation, not saying there is, but Willie's age puts him right smack dab in the era where there was alot of gang activity in CA.   I don't recall specific areas but I'd imagine Long Beach isn't far from LA where many gangs were based.  Google gangs in long Beach where Willie is from.  There are 55 known gang affiliations there 1 in every 100 people are involved in a gang there.  That explains the other people in video looking on as if this is a common sight to see.  The police making a statement of this incident maybe related to another incident could just be a previous gang related act of violence which prompted this retaliation. Just because the man has 3 daughters doesn't mean he's suddenly this stand up citizen who must have been triggered into such a brutal act.  And if this is gang related there may be further related retaliation.  

good morning 🙂 thank you for your thoughts. 

I dont know how what provoked this incident to occur. What I do know is TMZ and national media will be all over it. Film at 11.

PS my perp was caught he was charged with 2 felonies, pled down to guilty for 1 felony 5 years probation. Case closed.

9 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I’d rather let it play out and find out what the circumstances were but there’s one thing that is undeniable five guys beat down one guy it’s on camera does Willie McGinest really need for other guys in order to give some common dude a beating add some gang mentality ***** right there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.