NFL Network Analyst Willie McGinest arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon in LA

Big Turk

11 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Without knowing the back story I'll reserve judgements. 

For example... He's got 3 daughters, if this guy did something to one of them, could very well be justified. 

Or it could just be a stupid beef. 

We'll see. 

Certainly was a good beating though, can't see him doing something like this risking so much without a reason, but then again CTE is real and these guys have egos too. Interested to hear the rest. 

They all live in Vegas?

2 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

When “keeping it real” goes wrong 

exactly the opposite

this is real life.  I think a lot of you are way overreacting.  Have you never seen a beat down?  This happens all the time

Occasionally it will involve a former athlete. 

It didnt look like they were trying to kill him.  Just punish him for whatever-or-other.

He will be punished.  Sure.  But these things happen all the time in the real world.

4 against 1 hey now there's a real Puss move & the rest of them looked like ex football types . Use to be back in the day if you had a problem with another man you called him outside & 1 on 1 settled your differences but i guess even that has changed now good thing Willy doesn't carry .

Just lost a ton of respect for Willy i thought he would have been the one to step in & stop something that stupid especially being in a public place i guess stupid is as stupid does no matter where or who you are ... 

Throw his ass in jail & take away his gig he deserves it ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, T master said:

4 against 1 hey now there's a real Puss move & the rest of them looked like ex football types . Use to be back in the day if you had a problem with another man you called him outside & 1 on 1 settled your differences but i guess even that has changed now good thing Willy doesn't carry .

Just lost a ton of respect for Willy i thought he would have been the one to step in & stop something that stupid especially being in a public place i guess stupid is as stupid does no matter where or who you are ... 

Free Willy

• Dislike 1

McGinest was arrested in Los Angeles, turning himself in on Monday morning. In a possible attempt to explain the motivation for this confrontation, law enforcement said that the incident was "in connection with an assault that allegedly occurred within the past two weeks."

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/willie-mcginest-video-new-england-patriots-arrest-brutal-beating-bottle

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

exactly the opposite

this is real life.  I think a lot of you are way overreacting.  Have you never seen a beat down?  This happens all the time

Occasionally it will involve a former athlete. 

It didnt look like they were trying to kill him.  Just punish him for whatever-or-other.

He will be punished.  Sure.  But these things happen all the time in the real world.

In the life I have lead, adult men don’t do this sort of thing in public, shows what a tool he is, ya take care of business in private, just sayin. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They all live in Vegas?

No idea where they live and I'm not saying that was the issue just giving an example. 

Pretty much wait for the facts before grabbing your pitch forks. 

2 hours ago, T master said:

You lost respect without having any facts. That's actually pretty comical. 

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

No idea where they live and I'm not saying that was the issue just giving an example. 

Unless mcginnest found this dude on top of all 3 daughters, I'm not sure what mitigating circumstances would prompt some other reading of this nutso beatdown.

unless the bro stole Willie's group's Pink Champale?  that has been deemed a righteous beef in the past....

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Unless mcginnest found this dude on top of all 3 daughters, I'm not sure what mitigating circumstances would prompt some other reading of this nutso beatdown.

unless the bro stole Willie's group's Pink Champale?  that has been deemed a righteous beef in the past....

You realize the other person could have committed an actual crime prior to this, right? Done something really awful.

Just saying, wait for the facts, and yes you would need a pretty good reason for this. I won't list them out but you can use your imagination.  

I just don't understand the rush to cancel his job and remove him from society. Wait for the facts. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

You realize the other person could have committed an actual crime prior to this, right? Done something really awful.

Just saying, wait for the facts, and yes you would need a pretty good reason for this. I won't list them out but you can use your imagination.  

I just don't understand the rush to cancel his job and remove him from society. Wait for the facts. 

The guy sitting chatting in the booth was committing a crime?  Must have missed that in the video.  Did the cops arrest him too?

No one here is "removing him from society".  The criminal justice system is for that.

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

as i mentioned before, i doubt this happened for noble reasons.  i can't be certain, but i'm certain.  

11 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Adults shouldn't be starting fistfights.  McGinest is a 51-year-old man, for Christ's sakes.  Grow the f*ck up.

No one is going to remove anyone from society ... calm down.  And why on earth would you use the word "cancel," in this context?

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You lost respect without having any facts. That's actually pretty comical. 

So it's okay in your book that 4 people just walk up & start pummeling someone in a public place around a bunch of innocent people ? Wow remind me to not be any where that you are !! 

Why don't you enlighten us all on the facts surrounding the reasons why Willy & 3 others just start beating this guy ? As Bill Burr say there had to be a reason that led up to the ass whooping it doesn't just happen .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2L4UUL8TiY

It wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was involved in some way as they say "Instant A Hole just add alcohol" but even then anything short of calling Willy's mom or a family member something very nasty or a personal threat that action is unwarranted !! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Avoiding eye contact yes, maybe a protective posture.  Arms up on the chair behind you sitting back and soaking it all in seems weird.

Yea I didn't really pay attention to the bystanders.  Guess that's how they live there.  Another big reason to be glad we live in the city of good neighbors and that even with all the screwed up stuff in the world today I still see Wnyers living up to that principle the majority of the time.  May have a few lapses here and there but we still are humans here  least once we traded away Mr Reptile Sammy Watkins.

3 minutes ago, T master said:

So it's okay in your book that 4 people just walk up & start pummeling someone in a public place around a bunch of innocent people ? Wow remind me to not be any where that you are !! 

Why don't you enlighten us all on the facts surrounding the reasons why Willy & 3 others just start beating this guy ? As Bill Burr say there had to be a reason that led up to the ass whooping it doesn't just happen .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2L4UUL8TiY

It wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was involved in some way as they say "Instant A Hole just add alcohol" but even then anything short of calling Willy's mom or a family member something very nasty or a personal threat that action is unwarranted !! 

While words can be hurtful and trigger a emotional response it still is never an acceptable response to words with physical brutality.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Adults shouldn't be starting fistfights.  McGinest is a 51-year-old man, for Christ's sakes.  Grow the f*ck up.

No one is going to remove anyone from society ... calm down.  And why on earth would you use the word "cancel," in this context?

i'm starting to believe that we're looking at this all wrong.  maybe there's a chance that mcginest and his friends are superheroes fighting crime and keeping justice.  we should likely start praising these guys for the 5 on 1 beatdown.  the streets of LA are safe!

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.