Mike McDaniel

Dave in Avon Lake now

McDaniel has set my "bull#### meter" off since the moment I saw that horrible, staged video of him chatting on the phone with Tua when he was hired.

He reminds me of a more savant-ish, less boorish version of Rex Ryan. He's all gimmick and schtick. That schtick is working right now because the Dolphins are winning, but if and when they hit a rough patch and losses start piling up, I could see his "charm" wearing off real quick. 

Also, if you listen to him speak, there's a large percentage of the time where he just doesn't make any sense. He has a way of making a really simple statement into long-winded, rambling, unnecessarily verbose nonsense. He did this in his sideline interview during the Bills game, for instance. It may seem inane, but I think clear and direct communication are big parts of being a good coach, so I have reservations about the long term coaching ability of a guy who has such trouble speaking clearly and making sense.

• Like (+1) 4

Can't say because I've never met him but he comes across as a smarmy prick in his interviews. 

I get that some people like his humor but to me it comes across as cynical and in some ways he acts like he is above the entire situation.

Seems like the type of guy who would try to be a good friends with your girlfriend.  When you bring it up to her she would say "Who Mike?  Have you seen the guy?"  Meanwhile he is convincing her that she deserves a nicer guy, like I don't know, him.    Yep I know his type..weasels.

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Ever notice how this guy can't ever make eye contact?  He's so damn squirrelly.

Yeah... They really thought outside the box with him. Very interesting pick. I don't hate him,  but man he's out there.  And this is coming from me!

I found it odd such an analytical mind blew off the importance of Josh's 0:00 TD pass at half AND getting ball back to start 3rd... BUT WHAT is he supposed to say. They did force Bills 3 and out, avoided more than a 7 point swing. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

In less than a year, this guy has skyrocketed into my Top 5 people I can't stand the most.

Why can I not find the punchable face thread?!?

He narc'd to the refs about the snowball throwing and made them announce an idle threat.  Loved the interview with him... What a dweeb how he joked around the ref questions.

#RaisedMillennial

No way in hell were the Refs gonna ever give the Bills a 15 yard penalty.  That just gave Dolphin fans the license to throw more snowballs. 

Whiny little B word...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

In less than a year, this guy has skyrocketed into my Top 5 people I can't stand the most.

Why can I not find the punchable face thread?!?

There's a search box in the top right corner of the page.

He's a dork who I want to shove into a locker, but... I gotta at least say he is preforming WAY better than I thought he would. The team is light years ahead of the Flores teams, and he is getting the best out of Tua.

We'll see how long that lasts. I'm assuming he'll get figured out next year. 🤞

• Like (+1) 2

I kind of like him, he’s a little “out there” but he’s not the stereotypical coach. I’d take him over a Mularky meathead type. It’s a breath of fresh air. I’ve seen enough Vrabel style interviews to last a lifetime, but that’s what most people think a coach is supposed to be. Ironically, guys like Landry and Lombardi had ten times the class most of today’s coaches have, that’s why I don’t mind McDaniel. He’s just a bit “dorkier” than the cool dudes who post online, so some seem put off by that. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

On 12/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Dave - Where ya from?

This was me taking a sip of coffee as I scrolled to this response...

😀

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xumru1ej7xu5b1l6m6

On 12/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

OTOH he does get to go home to this every night:

Chloe-Kim-Boyfriend-Evan-Berle-3.jpg

while most of you on this board go home to something like this:

02785bc99f0ac02eeabcf6019298e3a0.jpg

And estimated to be earning a 4 x $4 million K

...real loser indeed.

On 12/20/2022 at 12:22 PM, The Jokeman said:

He might be on the spectrum for some form of Autism as he seems to take questions quite literally at times too. 

I think so also.  I know someone that is on the spectrum, and he will speak like McDaniel's at times also. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.