Ike activated. Welcome back!

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

And there’s certainly not 100 practice squad players better than Lewis 

In fact, Going into the 2021 season he was named one of the best practice squad players in the NFL

Dubious title to be sure, one of the best of those that are mediocre at their job…, 

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Dubious title to be sure, one of the best of those that are mediocre at their job…, 

It wasn’t too long ago (2013)we trotted guys like Justin rodgers out

And he personally gave up 200 yards in an NFL game to wide receivers he’s covering

And he was on our roster for three years… lewis Isn’t spectacular but he’s capable as depth and wayyy better than a guy like rodgers 

Every single team is filled with guys like Lewis on the backend

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Agree.  With Josh at QB, all the Bills' OL really needs to do is prevent blatant jailbreaks.

Someone tell this to 76

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I remember being excited for Saffold, but Q was a Titans scrub that they didn’t want back.

Turns out, So was Saffold

• Agree 1

Coming off a major injury like that, I am honestly not expecting much right away.  But the sooner he can provide more than Quessenberry, Saffold and Van Roten, he needs to be on the field.  Honestly, that isn't a high bar to clear.  Hopefully it happens sooner than later.

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Cam will get cut when Beasley goes on the 53.

Not likely Beasley is ever placed on the 53 man roster as he gets two more call ups from PS and only 3 games left.  Likely he just sits out one game and instead they use Browns last call up.  Once playoffs start unlimited call ups so again no need.

On a related question, does a vested vet like Brown or Beasley get a big bump in pay for any games they are called up for?  Like vet min based on years in league or something??

• Agree 1

Any update on Bates? If he can go at center in place of Morse and Ike can slot in on the right then that wouldn't be too shabby. Not ideal but not awful. 

Nothing against the guy but all I know is when Greg Van Roten is in the game Josh has instant pressure on like every other drop back. 

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not likely Beasley is ever placed on the 53 man roster as he gets two more call ups from PS and only 3 games left.  Likely he just sits out one game and instead they use Browns last call up.  Once playoffs start unlimited call ups so again no need.

On a related question, does a vested vet like Brown or Beasley get a big bump in pay for any games they are called up for?  Like vet min based on years in league or something??

PS player don't get bumped in pay for a one game elevation.  Vet PS players get paid more per week than non-vets.

The thing about Beasley is if he gets signed to the 53 he would make $150k or so.  I still think he gets put on the 53 if he

plays well Saturday.

14 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Remember when Kromer was supposed to fix our OL?

I guess these guys are too far gone for fixing.

Coaching only goes so far when the talent simply isn't there.

And even if this team somehow gets to and wins a SB this year, expect oline to be priority #1 in the offseason with what limited resources this team is going to have to address it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Feliciano not looking so bat#%^* crazy anymore, huh? 

Just kidding, that dude can go fly a kite off a short pier on tall cliff after talking so much smack after leaving. 

The crazy thing is that it’s not as if the FO didn’t try and address the OL. But these whiffs hurt. Rewatch the game at any point, we took an L the entire game in the trenches. Anyone FA OL worth having is on a team so no one’s coming to save us. We just have to hope they can Bad News Bears/Mighty Ducks it by the playoffs

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

PS player don't get bumped in pay for a one game elevation.  Vet PS players get paid more per week than non-vets.

The thing about Beasley is if he gets signed to the 53 he would make $150k or so.  I still think he gets put on the 53 if he

plays well Saturday.

So who are you going to cut to do that?

18 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably someone gets moved to IR or  something like that. 

Someone actually needs to get hurt for that to happen which could end up that way.  You put anyone on IR after this weekend, he's not coming back till the 3rd playoff game.  Don't know how they count that if Bills do get the bye.  I assume it's still two weeks of games played as byes don't count in regular season.

18 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Cam Lewis

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

With all the earlier injuries to DBs there is now 11 healthy ones on the roster.

One of them will get cut.  I see Cam Lewis as the odd man out, even before his poor Saturday performance.

He'd be a logical one if they want to pick a defensive player.  When the initial 53 roster was picked in August, seem to recall was 25 each side of the ball, plus 3 ST.  Don't know what the ratio is today, looks like they do have one more defensive players, but also need to cut someone after this week for Benford to come back. Lewis would be the logical one there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.