Packers release Sammy Watkins

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Good athlete. Not a football player. Would have had a much more successful career playing a different sport 

I think he would have had a very successful NFL career if his ego didn't get in the way.  He was an incredibly talented WR, in my opinion.  Unfortunately, he wasn't smart enough, or diligent enough, to realize his true potential.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Somewhere in the world Doug Marrone is yet again sporting a smug, "I ***** told you so look" on his punchable face.

Doug Whaley is thinking, I could have been a champion if I would have had more time to personally work with Sammy.

Russ Brandon is thinking "Man, I was bullet proof teflon until Terry and Kim got there."

Edited by JoeF

6 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I really really thought we were trading up to get Khalil. I still can't believe we traded up for Watkins.

Pure talent, not a bad trade. Looking at the rest of that draft with guys like Mike Evans, Brandon Cooks, OBJ and Mack on the board still? Insane to give up that much 

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

I was looking forward to watching him tonight against the Rams. :( 

Hi Mrs. Watkins!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Irv said:

They must not be fond of glass.  

Oh how this board was overjoyed when we foolishly traded up to get this guy.

I and others pointed out that it was stupid and of course, the Kool Aid mob descended on us.

Good times.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I and others pointed out that it was stupid and of course, the Kool Aid mob descended on us.

Good times.

I don't think it was foolish at the time.  He was amazing in college.  There was no way to know that he'd become a lazy a-hole after being drafted.  Literally NO indication of that happening.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know this might not be the most popular opinion, but I would actually bring him back

13 catches for 206 yards and zero tds and you want to bring him back???

21 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Somewhere in the world Doug Marrone is yet again sporting a smug, "I ***** told you so look" on his punchable face.

Doug Whaley is thinking, I could have been a champion if I would have had more time to personally work with Sammy.

Russ Brandon is thinking "Man, I was bullet proof teflon until Terry and Kim got there."

The three stooges. 

• Agree 1

GIT 'R' DUN!!!!!!  :devil:

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Good times.

I was overjoyed that we traded up to pick Khal...*****!!!

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't think it was foolish at the time.  He was amazing in college.  There was no way to know that he'd become a lazy a-hole after being drafted.  Literally NO indication of that happening.

Even so, TWO first-round draft picks for a WR not proven in the NFL? With Evans and Odell available? And then to take E.J. Manuel the next year? He could have done better with a blindfold and a dart board. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

Even so, TWO first-round draft picks for a WR not proven in the NFL? With Evans and Odell available? And then to take E.J. Manuel the next year? He could have done better with a blindfold and a dart board. 

EJ came before Sammy.  This was Doug Whaley's "we need weapons for EJ to utilize" period.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.