Welcome Back Tre White !!

T master

It's been a long time coming but it looks as if Tre White is back to his old self he may have a bit of a way to go to be in game shape but he looked pretty dang good against the Phins ! There were more than a couple of plays where he made his presence known & kept the Phins WR's from catching balls that could have made a difference .

I know that he will be a great piece to have back during the play offs & i think that Beane & McD along with the medical staff did him right by holding him out longer than maybe normal so they could work him back into game shape to keep him on the filed & hopefully not have any set backs at all .

This has been one weird year for the Bills and their injuries it would be great to have all the number ones on the field at one time but Hyde won't be back & others hopefully will be getting over their injuries in time to be mostly healthy for the play offs ! But having Tre back is huge for the Bills secondary & he looks good !! 

Welcome Back Tre - GO BILLS !!!! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nice to have his energy back there but he got absolutely smoked multiple times and the ‘Phins couldn’t capitalize.  He’s nowhere near peak form.

He got beaten a few times, yes, but he also had multiple lockdown reps and made some key stops.

Peak form? Maybe not. He's improving week to week, though, and is starting to round into form at just the right time for the Bills.

Thinking of a couple of the stops he made yesterday -- including a key third down stop -- I'm not certain that the Bills would have won the game without Tre in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nice to have his energy back there but he got absolutely smoked multiple times and the ‘Phins couldn’t capitalize.  He’s nowhere near peak form.

He made several good plays on the ball tho as well including the coverage on the key 3rd down stop on the last Dolphin drive that forced a punt...it wasn't all bad

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

He made several good plays on the ball tho as well including the coverage on the key 3rd down stop on the last Dolphin drive that forced a punt...it wasn't all bad

He did very well on the short routes which is Tua’s bread and butter.  No doubt.  But he’s going to get targeted when they play against downfield passing teams like Cinci and KC.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He did very well on the short routes which is Tua’s bread and butter.  No doubt.  But he’s going to get targeted when they play against downfield passing teams like Cinci and KC.

I expect him to keep getting a little better each week...will it be to the level he was?  Probably not this year.  But I expect he will look a lot better by the first playoff game.

• Agree 1

I think it’s his acceleration to long speed that is off.  The double move by Waddle and Waddles explosive first step was too much for White and Tyreek’s ability to accelerate past him exposed White’s limitation at this point.

That aside White played excellent.  He was great on all the short to intermediate stuff, his anticipation was elite and broke up several key passes.

I think the Bills will need to make sure that when hes Locked up in man that they have his back against the deeper routes.   That is a vulnerability 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Tre had an off and on day yesterday.  Here's my suggestion with White - Keep a safety over the top on his half of the field.  He doesnt have that extra gear right now, he was beat over top by both Waddle and Hill yesterday.  However, he was very strong at playing short routes and zone.

I expect him to continue to improve, and most teams do not run out Waddle and Hill.  So I'm hopeful he will be an impact player come playoff time.

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He made a couple of nice deflections but you can clearly see he's slightly favoring the leg. He won't be 100% until next season. But at least we have his leadership on the field for 99% of the snaps. 

Everyone is beaten over the top by Waddle and Hill so this isn’t a bad measuring stick.  

I’m very confident he can handle JuJu Smith Shuster, Marquez Valdez Scantling, Mecole Hardman and Kadarius Toney - yes this is me laughing at the Chiefs - oh yea I know some of them are fast.  Sure so is everyone in the NFL.  

Also think he’ll be fine against Mike Williams.  

And I think he’ll be against Tee Higgins more then Chase.  Let Elam and a safety run around with him.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think we need an explanation on playing “fake press” against Hill and Waddle. Is it White being hesitant to be physical at the LOS? Frazier and DB coaches?

I know Tre historically has never been the man-up press CB that some other guys do. It’s just never really been his game. But it’s an odd move to line up right on them and let them get free releases. A foot race between Tre and Waddle/Hill starting at the LOS with Hamlin “help” over the top is a recipe for a 40 yard TD. 

Just weird.

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He looked solid minus the one play where he let Hill have a free release off the line....TD

was he on an island on that play?

I remember the replay kinda made it look like we may been in Cover 1 or at least had one safety high, over the middle ... but it also looked like he broke to Tre's side immediately. 

I would like to see better angles of that play but it did look like White was on an island, and if that is the case, I would think he would back off and not press...

• Agree 1

He had a few bad plays against Hill which is going to happen to all good DB's but still think he's not anywhere close to form and probably won't be until next year.

Either way having him out there instead of a bunch of rookies and subpar players still matters if this team has any chance of beating the Chiefs or Bengals in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.