Elam v Jackson

Commish

Elam v Jackson  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Elam v Jackson, who played better against the Phins?

I may be wrong, but the only time I saw someone get beat bad, it was Tre? Tre did make some plays though

I think the only time I saw Elam’s name was on a contested catch where the WR made a great play but Elam was right there in coverage. 

Id have to rewatch bc I don’t remember seeing much of Jackson (which is a good thing)

Edited by bobobonators

10 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I may be wrong, but the only time I saw someone get beat bad, it was Tre? Tre did make some plays though

I think the only time I saw Elam’s name was on a contested catch where the WR made a great play but Elam was right there in coverage. 

Id have to rewatch bc I don’t remember seeing much of Jackson

Tre got beat a couple times deep pretty bad. Hill and Waddle toasted him deep. It’s interesting seeing teams target White. That’s 2 straight games he’s been getting targeted often. Teams must not believe he’s back yet. He normally is targeted very little.

It's pretty obvious that each week, he's gaining confidence in the knee. He undercut a few routes and got his hands on some balls, which was more than last week. I think if the Bears watch the tape from this week, they may think twice about testing him again next week, because he was in position to pick off a couple balls.

This is pretty much his preseason still, and hopefully come playoff time he can turn that corner. 

I trust our coaches and they have much more exposure to the players. There must be something going on during practice and game install which makes Jackson appear like he deserves snaps. During the game Elam’s skills pop off the screen, Jackson is another Levi Wallace, great guy w/ average skills but knows the system. 

• Agree 1

Honestly those were really tough wide receivers to play against and the fact that we didn't hear either of their names that often is good.  The dolphins were testing White all game long and he played a solid game.  I really like Elam and he will eventually become CB2 in this defense.  Bills don't play rookies much unless they have to.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tre got beat a couple times deep pretty bad. Hill and Waddle toasted him deep. It’s interesting seeing teams target White. That’s 2 straight games he’s been getting targeted often. Teams must not believe he’s back yet. He normally is targeted very little.

It’s a smart move on their part.  See how confident he is in that knee in cold weather.  He’s had his moments where he looks like the Tre of old and then he’s been burnt pretty bad too. Hopefully in three more games his consistency gets back to normal.  

Watched Jackson get torched week in, week out..

Only saw Elam get beat on one play against an elite WR room where Tyreek Hill made a great catch as Elam made a play on the ball... a play on the ball ::gasp:: did not know our outside corners were allowed to do that.  

Only guy I saw get beat was Tre when he was playing press man, minus any actual pressing.  Although, outside that play, Tre was pretty good.

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Watched Jackson get torched week in, week out..

Only saw Elam get beat on one play against an elite WR room where Tyreek Hill made a great catch as Elam made a play on the ball... a play on the ball ::gasp:: did not know our outside corners were allowed to do that.  

Only guy I saw get beat was Tre when he was playing press man, minus any actual pressing.  Although, outside that play, Tre was pretty good.

Tre definitely made some plays. But if I recall he got torched 2x - the first time by Waddle where Waddle literally ran right by him. The second was the TD pass to Hill. Two great WR, but Tre got abused those two plays. 

Edited by bobobonators

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Tre definitely made some plays. But if I recall he got torched 2x - the first time by Waddle where Waddle literally ran right by him. The second was the TD pass to Hill. Two great WR, but Tre got abused those two plays. 

The Waddle TD looked like more of a scheme breakdown.  If I remember correctly, Edmunds saw what was going on, motioned to Poyer (who had crept up) to watch out for Waddle in the slot.. Poyer either misunderstood or didn't catch it, and Waddle ran right through the defense untouched.

Just now, SCBills said:

The Waddle TD looked like more of a scheme breakdown.  If I remember correctly, Edmunds saw what was going on, motioned to Poyer (who had crept up) to watch out for Waddle in the slot.. Poyer either misunderstood or didn't catch it, and Waddle ran right through the defense untouched.

I hear ya but im not referring to the Waddle TD. The play im referring to happened earlier in the game and it was for a big gain but not a TD. It was a 32yd gain in the second quarter. My focus on it is that Waddle beat Tre bad on it - like 2-3yds of separation bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.