Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You left out one statistic. They were 1-1 in the two games you pointed out. So OMG they gave up 200 yards AND LOST has a lot more meaning than how you describe it.

The New England game was an outlier, an anomaly. No predictive value. It was still close. IMO not a great comparison

Edited by Mojo44

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think one might want to look at what defenses the Bills have played to defend Lamar Jackson

2022 Week 4: Taron Johnson 99% of the snaps, Tyrel Dodson 1%

Ravens: "We're gonna spend 50% of our time in a 2 back set

McDermott: "Don't care"

Ravens: "We're gonna spend at least 30% of our time in a 2 TE set

McDermott: "Still don't care"

Ravens: "We're gonna rush for 162 yds"

McDermott: "And?"

Ravens: "144 passing yards and 2 INT"

McDermott: "Uh-huh"

On the other hand, in the 2020 playoffs with AJ Klein, we did spend about 40% of our time in a 4-3 defense.  And Baltimore had 150 rush yards, but 222 passing yards. 

So I guess exactly what we see may depend upon the threat perception.

people don’t understand that Taron is better in run support than whatever third LB we put out there. That coaching staff believes as much, and your stats here seem to support it. 

• Agree 1

It’s pretty rough that the guys had to leave their families in a full blown blizzard. That’s tough stuff. Power, heat, etc. that’s a real deal. Imagine Fins leaving family in town during a hurricane?

**an actual “blizzard” has definition and is not some bogus weather channel propaganda from a bullsh#t reporter in Atlanta. ‘3 hrs winds at 35 mph sustained, not gusts with falling and/or blowing snow that causes “visibility to drop under a quarter of a mile.”

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why is it on CBS? Aren't NFC home games usually on FOX?

What's the explanation?

Unless they play an AFC opponent.  FOX does the AFC home games when they play an NFC team.  It's been that way since we signed Doug Flutie in '98.  They did however put the cross flex in a few years ago for a few games so it's not always the case.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills vs Bears won’t be the coldest game tomorrow. In Chicago it will feel like -21 degrees. In Cleveland the Browns play the Saints in what will feel like -37 degrees! It will be interesting to see what the crowds look like in the stands. Brrrr!

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If they had just played this on Christmas Day, wind wouldn’t be a factor. But we are looking at 25 MPH wind tomorrow at game time, with 40 MPH gusts. Not ideal. 

Bad timing for sure - but if that holds, it's not quite the "wind game" from last year, either.  

JA can throw in 25 mph.  The Bears will have to cover our WR's, and we can hopefully focus more on stacking the line so Fields doesn't run wild.

55 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Does anyone know a way to stream a radio station to listen to the Bills game? (I am not in a Buffalo or Chicago market). 

I have to be in a car starting at 3 PM tomorrow. I am going to have Sunday ticket streaming on my phone as my wife drives, but if that doesn’t work, was hoping for a radio backup plan. 

If WGR is airing the game, listen to WGR on the audacy app. Here’s the link - https://www.audacy.com/wgr550

Mad props to your wife for driving so you can watch the game. That’s awesome, bro.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Micah is in a lot of the Bills content this week. That makes me think he’s coming back for the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Or.... Hear me out... He's got time to do these things since he's not currently practicing🤣🤣

I hope your right 🤞🏻

I hope so too...

He could also see this as great practice, experience, exposure for a post-football broadcast career. Why not use this time to build for the future?

But to have him back for the home stretch would be awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like Mitch Morse is out. This would be huge against a top team, but I think Josh Allen can manage against an inferior defense like the Bears. They absolutely need to get Diggs more involved. I think Beasley will get 4-5 targets as well. I don’t see this game being remotely close. Buffalo is a team on a mission for that 1 seed. 

On a side note, be on upset alert for Seattle vs KC. They are fighting for their season. If the Texans can take them to OT then I think the Hawks stand a chance. I’ll be keeping an eye on that game thru out the commercial breaks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.