Week 16: Bills at Bears on Christmas Eve

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

its a saturday game so i think it should be available.  theres no other games at this time so I dont think youll get bumped.  you may need nfl network though.

There’s 7 games at 1:00 on Saturday this weekend. It’s basically a Sunday schedule on Saturday because of Christmas falling on a Sunday this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I disagree with your premise that any of these examples were "let down" games, and there are reasonable rationales for all of them -- namely, it's hard to win in the NFL.  There is a reason why literally EVERY coach says it on an almost weekly basis -- because it's true.

I'm surprised you didn't say "Remember the Jags" -- that's probably the only one I can think of that was truly a "huh?" moment during the McD/Josh Allen era.

I didn't see the Jags particularly as a "let down game".   I could be misremembering, but I didn't feel we'd gone over the top, all out against the Dolphins the previous week - not that we didn't play hard and play well, but we were coming off a bye week and it seemed like a regular, solid win.

Apologies if I missed this up-thread:

I did not see Brandin Bryant being the one cut to make room for Boettger.

Either the Bills are very confident in Oliver having come out of the game OK and Jordan Phillips being ready to go...

....or they were not happy with how Bryant played in his 10 snaps against the Dolphins

...or they are not confident at all about Bates ankle and Morse's head

I'm worried about that last possibility.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Apologies if I missed this up-thread:

I did not see Brandin Bryant being the one cut to make room for Boettger.

Either the Bills are very confident in Oliver having come out of the game OK and Jordan Phillips being ready to go...

....or they were not happy with how Bryant played in his 10 snaps against the Dolphins

...or they are not confident at all about Bates ankle and Morse's head

I'm worried about that last possibility.

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

11 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.   I bet this gets moved. 

2.   Do we employ the Lamar defense vs fields?   We always seem to slow Lamar rushing with the wide and late pressure. 

This.  They will run same D as we do vs Lamar.  

Cincinnati is @NE this week and looks to be on the outside of the storm. I vote to move the game there to prepare for next week…..errr, out of an abundance of caution.  

19 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Have you watched the Bills last 5 or 6 games? They aren't going to route the Bears. This will be a hard fought out battle. Fields and his legs are very very good, weather looks to be very cold but it's the wind that will hurt the Bills passing game. I've heard possible up to 30 MPH. Not sure how valid that is because I saw it on twitter. 

The Bears just played a tough Eagle team to a close game. 

People calling Bills blowouts week after week is getting a little out of hand. 

it balances out the doom and gloom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Early models showing between 10-20 inches in the Chicago area snow wise.

But what I am also reading is that the snow will fall mostly Wednesday through Friday. The forecast I am seeing for Saturday is for bitter cold with a high of about 10° and very windy. But it doesn’t look like it will be snowing on Saturday in Chicago.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

There’s 7 games at 1:00 on Saturday this weekend. It’s basically a Sunday schedule on Saturday because of Christmas falling on a Sunday this year. 

I just looked. Didn't realize there's only 3 games sunday. Miami/green bay will be interesting 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

But what I am also reading is that the snow will fall mostly Wednesday through Friday. The forecast I am seeing for Saturday is for bitter cold with a high of about 10° and very windy. But it doesn’t look like it will be snowing on Saturday in Chicago.

I remember early in the year when some people were saying we need to run the ball more successfully and consistently, while other people were saying there was no need. We were blowing teams out early in the season, but the arrival of winter should not be a surprise to anyone. Duh. 

I hope we can turn it on this year, but that has to be a priority (again) going into next season. They drafted Cook and traded for Hines, and they signed some FA OLine. It wasn’t enough. We will always be a passing team with Josh, but we need balance to get to the top of the mountain. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.