Love the dolphins forum - Bills won because of the refs?

Matt_In_NH

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Games have been played in Miami for over 50 years, most of those years both teams roasted, to my knowledge no one has died.

Just because it hasn’t happened doesn’t mean it won’t. I work in construction safety and one of the most common lines is, “I’ve been doing it this way for x years and have never had an issue”….until they do.

Safety rules are literally written in blood, and we all know the risks of heat exhaustion or heat stroke, and it’s happened in an NFL training camp. Changes were made to training camp because of it, but changes haven’t found their way to an NFL game. Does someone have to die first? Be seriously injured? At what point is it too much? What I saw against Miami this year was too much. These players want to win too bad, so much so, we have guys like our backup OT Doyle playing on a torn ACL. Imagine how many of them must have had heat exhaustion and were pushing through it? That’s a recipe for disaster, it just takes the perfect heat/humidity index and the right condition within a given persons body, and there could be a serious injury. 

At a minimum the NFL should evaluate the conditions of the Miami’s feild/sideline and determine if any changes need to be made. They should at least do something, not pretend there isn’t an issue and keep plugging along like nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

First game I remember- 1964 AFL Championship

First game I attended- 1972 second last game at the Rockpile (vs SF) 

My dad was never a football fan... his twin brother was a football player for his high school and died just before they were both supposed to graduate in 1953... so he couldn't watch football, too painful is my guess. We never watched any games at home. I only liked football when I started high school and by that time someone asked me what my favorite NFL team was and I knew it had to be a New York team and since my mother grew up in WNY, I chose the Bills.

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Games have been played in Miami for over 50 years, most of those years both teams roasted, to my knowledge no one has died.

Yes. But since 2017 the fans and the home team don't roast anymore.  They have a shaded roof. 

If they use a roof for shade, why aren't the vistors allowed too. IMO, this is no different than a heated bench thing.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1

Here's another gem on their forum:

finheaven.jpg

https://finheaven.com/threads/we-are-better-team-than-buffalo-now-and-going-forward.376281/

"We are better Team than Buffalo now and going forward.

Sunday at 5:06 PM

dreamblk

We are better Team than Buffalo now and going forward.

1. This is year one for Mike as a Coach and he already ahead of Sean Mc Dermott
2. Our Dline and pass rush barring major injuries is going to be elite. Chubb will come along
and Phillips is going to be a Probowler
3. Tua and thw WR units are only going to get better in this system
4. Wilson and Monstert are going to be a major running attack combo that even our coach can not ignore.
5. Defense will not have the rash of injuries to secondary like this year.
6. Josh Allen is going to wear his body down as he keeps running and abusing it.
7. If Buffalo does not get to the Superbowl this year they will drop off.
8. We will find a way to get everyone paid by letting Gesicki and Jones walk
and over restructring.
9. We were one game out of the division even with our QB out 3.5 games
10. Tua can play in the snow and heat."

Another post:

https://finheaven.com/threads/we-are-better-team-than-buffalo-now-and-going-forward.376281/post-9253176

"We're the better team with the better coach and the better WRs and the better QB. Said it all season and offseason too. Bills are very lucky and I'm not sure how they've won 11 games but then the vikings win every week and they're average so go figure"

Edited by chongli

14 minutes ago, chongli said:

finheaven.jpg

https://finheaven.com/threads/we-are-better-team-than-buffalo-now-and-going-forward.376281/

dreamblk

2. Our Dline and pass rush barring major injuries is going to be elite. Chubb will come along
4. Wilson and Monstert are going to be a major running attack combo that even our coach can not ignore.
6. Josh Allen is going to wear his body down as he keeps running and abusing it.
and over restructring.

Another post:

https://finheaven.com/threads/we-are-better-team-than-buffalo-now-and-going-forward.376281/post-9253176

"We're the better team with the better coach and the better WRs and the better QB. Said it all season and offseason too. Bills are very lucky and I'm not sure how they've won 11 games but then the vikings win every week and they're average so go figure"

To be honest there's some truth to this post with some of these points.

This division is everything (and more) that a lot of pundits felt the AFC West would be this year. And it's still very possible that the current window slams shut after this year which adds to the pressure of getting to and winning a SB right now.

Obviously nobody has crystal ball and things could change dramatically between Feb and next fall but have to expect the Dolphins and Jets to improve even further in the offseason. Patriots are a true wildcard because of Belichik's future hanging in the balance. But overall the Bills are in the toughest spot from a cap standpoint and will have a lot of challenges improving the roster and addressing the current holes, let alone preventing a major falloff due to pending FA departures and roster cuts.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This division is everything (and more) that a lot of pundits felt the AFC West would be this year. And it's still very possible that the current window slams shut after this year which adds to the pressure of getting to and winning a SB right now.

Obviously nobody has crystal ball and things could change dramatically between Feb and next fall but have to expect the Dolphins and Jets to improve even further in the offseason. Patriots are a true wildcard because of Belichik's future hanging in the balance. But overall the Bills are in the toughest spot from a cap standpoint and will have a lot of challenges improving the roster and addressing the current holes, let alone preventing a major falloff due to pending FA departures and roster cuts.

images.jpg.72fb8589cd8846ebf30b87486e0d94da.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'll just say this...

First, blaming the refs for a loss is the lamest thing anyone can ever do. There are so many plays in a football game. Choosing one or two that the refs impacted and blaming those plays for the loss is silly. How about the two dropped passes in the end zone? How about giving up an 8 point lead? How about letting Josh Allen rip off a 55 yard run? How about letting the Bills march it down the field from the own 7 yard line, draining 6 minutes off the clock and kicking the game winning field goal?

Blaming the refs is just lame and weak.

Second, Dolphins fans have quickly become pretty delusional. The Bills are 8-2 against them in their last 10 outings, and Josh Allen has routinely played very well against them. Have they closed the gap on us? Absolutely. They look to be a pretty good team that will be battling the Bills for the division crown for years. That said, they remind me a little of the Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez Jets. I think their coach's schtick could get old pretty quick if they stop winning. I think their quarterback has yet to prove that he's more than a Chad Pennington. So do I think they can win 10-11 games and make the wild card most years? It looks that way at the moment. Do I trust Tua to consistently outduel Josh Allen in big games? Nope, not one bit.

Let Dolphins fans have their delusions and their fun. It should be a fun rivalry for the next few years. Make no mistake -- right now, the Bills are the better team and have the vastly superior quarterback.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

finheaven.jpg

dreamblk

and over restructring.

Another post:

We had a third string guard playing center against them for 4 quarters across both matchups and we got lucky? Lol they would’ve gotten blown out both games if that didn’t happen.  

McDaniel is a great offensive coordinator but he’s not a head coach.  They are last in points allowed in the AFC and have a whopping one net point despite being loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The truth is the only reason Tua improved is Tyrek Hill. Most of his passes are still floaters and or he’s hitting wide open targets. A lot of his passes should get intercepted or would be overthrown if he didn’t have Hill and Waddle. He’s not a bad Qb, but their speed is hiding his weaknesses. Our refusal to interrupt his timing at the line was the reason he was successful as he was. Take away the mostert mistake and poor coverage on Waddle and the game isn’t close…

13 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Check out some of their sour grapes on twitter. It is unbelievable. All one sided of course. Oh well, it sucks to be them.

I haven’t seen a single actual nfl analyst say that play was controversial so they’re really reaching on this one 😂. It is still absolutely baffling because Kohou 100% irrefutably held on the same play and got called for that too.  We would’ve had a first down if the dpi was called or not 

the dolphins are the 2021 pats…beat us once mostly due to external factors,  played us pretty tough once and lost, struggled against quality opponents down the stretch coughing up the division lead, and will likely be stomped by us in the first round of the playoffs if they make it  

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

There’s 0 truth to it.  This division being close for awhile was a mirage created by scheduling.  We had all our road division games before playing any home ones and Miami didn’t hit their difficult stretch of schedule until the end of the season and went 0-3 in that stretch.  This is as comfortable of a division lead as we’ve ever had.  

Miami got lucky against us twice with our offensive line being ravaged by injuries or we would’ve blown them out both times. They are at the end of a rebuild after mortgaging a ton of resources on tyreek hill.  Their team is just not set up well to compete with the bills long term.  the jets are more on the right track but they have a ton of question marks also.  Miami is a one year wonder unless they have a huge defensive shakeup 

what evidence is there that the bills are going to trail off? We were missing just about every high impact player on the defensive side for a big chunk of the season and we were still winning games.  

seems like people are under the false assumption that Miami/NYJ can continue to make these big splashes in the offseason and they really can’t.  Miami traded a ton for hill/Chubb and lost a first rounder from tampering.  Both those teams will draft later than they have been too.  It’s really more about what coaching staff can develop talent and seeing as the dolphins have ran a talented defense straight into the ground I don’t have much faith in them in that regard 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly it’s obvious that refs do affect the outcomes of games sometimes.  The NFL has worked to make every game close, so any one score game is potentially one bad call away from being affected.  Doesn’t always happen but I’ve seen plenty of close games where a 20 point swing can be attributed to 2-3 horrible calls.

does everyone remember our playoff game v the Texans, where their return guy caught the ball in the end zone then dropped it, and we recovered for a TD?  Some random nfl employees came on the field and took the TD away without an explanation.   The NFL changed the rule that off-season. Eliminating the need to kneel down, because of that play.  Clearly cost us 7 points in a playoff game.  There were other obnoxious calls in that game that all benefited the Texans.  

I have no idea what the fish fans are complaining about, it seems fairly fair this game but the few things I notice- 2 chop block no calls against Milano - McKenzie a catch they ruled wasn’t - those were the most obvious ones I thought that were missed and they helped the fish.  

Watching our teams play I do get the feeling their coaching staff is doing more with less.  They will be a force to recon with but luckily we have Josh allen and they don’t.  

39 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Honestly it’s obvious that refs do affect the outcomes of games sometimes.  The NFL has worked to make every game close, so any one score game is potentially one bad call away from being affected.  Doesn’t always happen but I’ve seen plenty of close games where a 20 point swing can be attributed to 2-3 horrible calls.

does everyone remember our playoff game v the Texans, where their return guy caught the ball in the end zone then dropped it, and we recovered for a TD?  Some random nfl employees came on the field and took the TD away without an explanation.   The NFL changed the rule that off-season. Eliminating the need to kneel down, because of that play.  Clearly cost us 7 points in a playoff game.  There were other obnoxious calls in that game that all benefited the Texans.  

I have no idea what the fish fans are complaining about, it seems fairly fair this game but the few things I notice- 2 chop block no calls against Milano - McKenzie a catch they ruled wasn’t - those were the most obvious ones I thought that were missed and they helped the fish.  

Watching our teams play I do get the feeling their coaching staff is doing more with less.  They will be a force to recon with but luckily we have Josh allen and they don’t.  

Seems like people disregard defense entirely from the convos like this I’ve had about the dolphins in this thread 😂.  On offense they’re doing about the same as us  with the same talent level…josh is certainly better than tua but they are way ahead at wr2 and our banged up offensive line hasn’t been as good. 

On defense though, man they are doing a lot less with pretty similar ish defensive talent 

Every year some Filthy beast comes in and crowns the dolphins early... and every year the dolphins cannot win against playoff teams when it matters in december.

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Your team cannot beat Playoff teams... 0-3 vs playoff teams when it matters most to win those games.

You get made a fool every year with your Dolphins prediction and it's  pretty awesome to watch.

Edited by TBBills

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Oh, you are back

Sorry about your Fins loss, that must have hurt

How are your boys over at Finheaven taking it?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.