Love the dolphins forum - Bills won because of the refs?

Matt_In_NH

25 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

grass is green, water is wet, fans complain about officials. 

not so sure of that  - the current antiscience portion of the US may dispute "water is wet." Probaly not much to say on grass is green as there is none in a trailer park.

Edited by entropyrules
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

I’m surprised to see that there were two or three rational posts by Miami fans acknowledging that the bills are better than Miami and that Josh is way better than Tua. It must be a real challenge to be a sane dolphins fan in the midst of all that.

When announcers across multiple stations need to explain to fans that Tua Tagovailoa’s “super power is his anticipation” it makes me chuckle. Wow… a QB that anticipates throws, he must be extremely special. That has to be the lamest NFL “super power”. 

He takes a 3 step drop, stares down the receiver McDaniel told him to in the headset and then throws it to him. 

• Haha (+1) 4

on that last PI call there was definitely contact between the defender and McKenzie. The fact he was "face guarding" him, aka didn't turn around to look for the ball I have learned in college and the Pros is not illegal. There must also be contact.

When I first became a Bills fan I recall "face guarding" indeed was called as an interference penalty on that action alone (aka  defender not turning around for the ball) . Im not sure when they changed that rule.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, we're making excuses when our players are baking in an oven for 3 freaking hours in conditions they could die in. But they aren't making excuses by blaming the refs? Cry me a river

Games have been played in Miami for over 50 years, most of those years both teams roasted, to my knowledge no one has died.

Every team gets questionable calls both in their favor and against them, but if anything the Bills won this game because Josh Allen is a true creature that once again appears to be ready to carry this team on his backs for another playoff run.  He looked the freaking abominable snowman out there on those final few drives and was not going to be stopped no matter what.

Credit to the Dolphins though, they might not be a SB contender this year after all but that's a damn good team that probably should have won if not for JA17 taking matters into his own hands.

• Agree 1

I can’t even fathom this.  Kohou held before the ball was in the air and got called for that, then clearly interfered when the ball was in the air and got called for that too lol. This wasn’t one call that could’ve gone either way; it was too obvious penalties on the same play that were both automatic first downs 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, muppy said:

on that last PI call there was definitely contact between the defender and McKenzie. The fact he was "face guarding" him, aka didn't turn around to look for the ball I have learned in college and the Pros is not illegal. There must also be contact.

When I first became a Bills fan I recall "face guarding" indeed was called as an interference penalty on that action alone (aka  defender not turning around for the ball) . Im not sure when they changed that rule.

It's hard to make split-second judgement calls.  Face-guarding is an unofficial tie-breaker if the ref isn't sure whether or not to throw the flag.

6 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Games have been played in Miami for over 50 years, most of those years both teams roasted, to my knowledge no one has died.

The stadium has only been the way it is now for about 6 years where the Dolphins are in the shade and the opponent is in an oven for 3 hours. Most Bills players said the heat was a lot different this time than other times. Stefon Diggs said it was the hottest game he ever played in. Players never dropped like flied like our players did at any other time. Bottom line is, heat like that can lead to heat stroke and can kill a player. That's just truth

• Agree 2

On 12/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, Gene1973 said:

Brady did that for 20 years in this division, our turn to throw for PI. DB did not look back for the ball and was shoving McKenzie in the chest. It was blatant PI. Miami fans can eff off.

Throwing for PI is SOP in the NFL.  It's like a QB using inflection or a long count to try to draw the D offside on 4th and 1. 

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This board has no standing to criticize another board about officiating complaints.  For years there were numerous posters saying the entire NFL was rigged for Brady and the Pats.  

Numerous posters AND millions of other fans as well... what makes your standing higher than anyone else's here?

Thanks for reminding me why I have to get the hell out of Ohio.

Forget about the details: The Bills deserved to win the first game, but they lost it. The Fins deserved to win the second game, but they lost it.

The battles were an even split, but at 11-3 with a playoff spot locked, the war is being won by the BILLS. 

Edited by skibum

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm jealous... you got all of the 1970s... I only got part of them. 😁

First game I remember- 1964 AFL Championship

First game I attended- 1972 second last game at the Rockpile (vs SF) 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.