Love the dolphins forum - Bills won because of the refs?

Matt_In_NH

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I thought the officials were awful. I also do not believe that either team benefitted greatly.... both teams got screwed

Also: the throw by Allen was completely IG. No one was close. If Dawkins doesn't touch that ball no Bills player is within 15 yards.

Tawmmy got away with that play for years. It (and the underthrown ball to draw the PI) was one of his staples. And for good measure the RTP would be called as well. 

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This board has no standing to criticize another board about officiating complaints.  For years there were numerous posters saying the entire NFL was rigged for Brady and the Pats.  

That’s because they were.

Duh

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Fins fans just mad their team brought their A game and lost a heart breaker. When we lose we usually blame our own

To be honest when the bills lose there is a lot of complaints about refs too.  It’s not everyone.  They have a huge active forum, maybe more than this place.   Which is surprising because they don’t show up for games.  To some degree it is just human nature to be biased against the outcome you are invested in.  ard to be objective.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I thought the officials were awful. I also do not believe that either team benefitted greatly.... both teams got screwed

Also: the throw by Allen was completely IG. No one was close. If Dawkins doesn't touch that ball no Bills player is within 15 yards.

It was a screen play and the RB (Cook, I believe) was no more than 5 yards away. It's the whole reason Josh had to dirt it, the Dolphins DL had him dead to rights bc the OL was looking to get behind them

25 minutes ago, Hermes said:

It was a screen play and the RB (Cook, I believe) was no more than 5 yards away. It's the whole reason Josh had to dirt it, the Dolphins DL had him dead to rights bc the OL was looking to get behind them

Are we sure that was a screen play and not just every linemen getting beat? The linemen never seemed to disengage with the pass rusher even after getting beat. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Are we sure that was a screen play and not just every linemen getting beat? The linemen never seemed to disengage with the pass rusher even after getting beat. 

I could be wrong, I haven't seen a replay. Watching it in real time I saw a screen since the RB was hanging out by the original LOS. Like you said though, it could've just been the line getting beat bad. Not every lineman goes out to block on a screen either. So it's likely on a screen that 2-3 OL stay home to block while the other guys head out to the screen area to block

16 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don’t like games decided by PI but to me that was text book yet you can always make arguments when you are biased.  I did notice the bills got away with some stuff on hill but it’s also true there are dozens of I called penalties on both teams in every game.  Anyway this is fun.   These guys are in a full melt down.  

https://finheaven.com/threads/disgusted-by-the-refs.376255/

The only squishy thing about that call was the flag appearing before the contact was even made. I assume the official was calling the hold by the defender guarding Davis, but then conveniently adjusted his call once it was clear that the defender boxed out McKenzie.

5 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Honestly, the rules are so perverted now from what we remember as kids that it's annoying af.

First off, an ineligible receiver being the first to touch a forward pass is a penalty. Plain and simple, the officials completely missed that, egregious and stupid.

There are so many passes now where the defender impacts the receiver before the ball arrives that get NO flags. Every team gets this benefit. But it ends up at a point where nobody knows what DPI really looks like, because it used to be if the defender arrived early, it was a flag.

This rugby b***s*** is annoying too. It used to be that helping a runner forward was a penalty. Someone is going to get hurt in one of these scrums, but hey, concussion protocol is enough to show they really care about the players' health.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Refs were inconsistent, but reasonably fair. The weekends real referee screw job happened to Washington. 

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh, idk. The Pats took one on the chin too. Keelan Cole was clearly out of bounds on that "TD" catch. And if he was ruled out, then the lateral never takes place. Looked like all of his toes were in the white, but replay upheld the TD. 

image.png.88c949ea8dd9950c816d9984f7f7bf80.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.