Snowballs - fair game if aimed at Dolphins bench?

Clark Rotary

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Right!  I vividly remember a Patriots game in the early 2000s Brady era(very early part of the run but I can't remember what year specifically) that had the same thing going on.  This is back when the Bills were absolutely pathetic and I remember watching the visual and seeing how cool it looked and being jealous of them at the time.

Second point and I'm sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion on here but I think social media etc. is making it sound like everybody that was throwing snow was deliberately trying to hit players with intent to injure but from my perspective being at the game it was much, much more playful and innocent.  The snow was soft not "ice balls" and people were just tossing it around whenever the Bills made a big play(think of it as throwing confetti).  Nobody was really upset or pissed about it in my section people were just kinda laughing and going along with it.  I get maybe from watching on TV it probably looks pretty bad but from being there in the moment it really wasn't a bunch of degenerates out to hurt people.  That's my two cents about the matter.

Found the game I was referring to

New England v.s. Miami 2003.  Same exact thing

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Absolutely not.  This is bush league and you have no business trying to injure someone while they are trying to do their job.  Grow up and be better.

How is tossing snowballs into the end zone trying to injure someone? If it happened at the Dolphins bench that is different and I would condemn that but just overall throwing snow is not bush league IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

If you were sitting in the lower bowl and didn't get hit with a snowball you were lucky..........I saw one guy in front of me get hit twice.

I don't condone it but it's no big deal..........its snow.    

But thanks to all the douchebags who don't come to games telling us how badly they feel they were represented.  :lol:

It's an 8pm game.........the maximum amount of drunk, late arriving to their seats crowd.    

The NFL loved it........that's theatre.........the game had all of the things that bond people to the NFL including things like suspect officiating and harmlessly rowdy fan behavior.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Total, bush league, and a pathetic act to throw snowballs at anytime during the game. Hopefully, anybody who was caught throwing one by stadium staff should have been tossed out immediately.

Ironically, after they stopped the game and berated fans for acting like teenagers, it looked like fans were then just throwing them at each other, in the stands. The latter was really more dangerous, as most fans are not wearing helmets in the stands, and taking one to the eye or the side of the head could be very bad.

You are acting like they were throwing rocks. Snowballs are not dangerous.

27 minutes ago, boater said:

Snowball throwers were a classless act. They embarrassed Buffalo on national TV.

Nothing personal, boater.........but if you aren't there braving the elements and supporting the team financially and screaming your lungs out for the defense then you should probably keep your opinions about the crowd to yourself.     

The NFL got exactly what they wanted when they scheduled that game in December and moved it to Saturday night.    Anyone who is embarrassed about the engagement and passion of that crowd last night is a true fan hater.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s freakin snow balls for crying out loud. If you’re putting like razor blades in them, then sure it’s a problem. 

it’s literally condensed water. safer than water balloons. they are meant to be fun and are. if I was a fish player/coach I would be throwing snow balls back and having fun. not being a sore ***** B word 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

No!!! Nobody should be hit by a snowball. Somebody could get hurt. I don't want the Dolphins players to get hurt.

You’re 10 ply soft. 

22 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

We live in an Adult World.

Apparently, some people didn't get the memo..

Right. Because snow never gets tossed around at snow games. Lighten up Francis. 

I don’t want to sound like I condone any snow ball throwing at players or coaches, but the reactions on here acting like they’re throwing rocks or bottles are ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Because 95% of the people at the game are Bills fans. You’re right, this is not just a Bills mafia thing, this would definitely happen at any stadium, but it’s still embarrassing. I heard them say on the radio this morning that there were ice balls found on the field and they were also finding beer caps in the snow balls. Don’t know if that’s true as that’s the first I heard it, but it wouldn’t surprise me

Yeah man.. if beer bottle caps and other hard objects were being tossed, that’s horrible.  Zero place for that crap. 

I do think there’s an element of ‘there’s snow, let’s throw it’. Kid stuff nostalgic stuff. I can live with that. Both fans were doing it… and yeah, we were the 95%… but it’s our home game. My only point was, it’s not fair to ONLY blame the Bills fans. 

This crap unfortunately has and will happened at a much worse level than this (batteries in Philly, beer bottles in Cleveland, etc).  

Not a good look? Yeah I agree.

Straight up embarrassment for Buffalo (for just the plain snowballs)?  I think that’ll be old news quickly. 

Miami people will still cry like a bunch of babies, and I’m sure they’ll go out of their way to push the narrative that Buffalo is classless (without mentioning that their own fans partook). 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Yeah man.. if beer bottle caps and other hard objects were being tossed, that’s horrible.  Zero place for that crap. 

I do think there’s an element of ‘there’s snow, let’s throw it’. Kid stuff nostalgic stuff. I can live with that. Both fans were doing it… and yeah, we were the 95%… but it’s our home game. My only point was, it’s not fair to ONLY blame the Bills fans. 

This crap unfortunately has and will happened at a much worse level than this (batteries in Philly, beer bottles in Cleveland, etc).  

Not a good look? Yeah I agree.

Straight up embarrassment for Buffalo (for just the plain snowballs)?  I think that’ll be old news quickly. 

Miami people will still cry like a bunch of babies, and I’m sure they’ll go out of their way to push the narrative that Buffalo is classless (without mentioning that their own fans partook). 

It's more classeless by them putting teams playing in heat while they are in shade ( happened to lots of teams). As well as show no remorse at all about it, Not defending them at all. If it was other team that gives respect i'd criticize fans cause they respected us.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.