Just an honest question on the game outcome

Italian Bills

The fins are legit good. Hill and Waddle are the two fastest receivers in the league. They have players on D and good coaching. Tua has limitations but the team around him might be better than the team around Josh. We are lucky to have Josh the alien at the most important position. 

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

I would like to ask you this: 

have you been a little disappointed that we didn’t destroyed Miami like maybe everybody was thinking this past week ? 

I mean, obviously it was a great, huge, fundamental win for our season, in a comeback way… but the fact that in this kind of weather we won just at the last second, it was a little irritating or not at all ? 

Winning at the last second it’s always a pleasure, especially against the hated fish, but burning them in a blowout would have been a strong signal also, to the entire League. 

Don’t you think ? What’s your take ? 

I prefer the hard fought battles.  Really prepares the players for the playoffs where you lose you go home.  Sure it's frustrating when there are mishaps and twists and turns unexpected but learning to deal with those situations you can handle them better when it may count alot more.  The close loss to our Bills can cause the Dolphins a bit in team chemistry.  Not all teams share a strongly bindedcteam.  Alot of that is developed by overcoming adverse situations.  So while the outcome is still in doubt it is very nerve-wracking,  but the successful defeat in a close contest is more satisfying than an easy one sided game that offers no challenges.  

The harder something is to attain the more value most people attach to that goal.  

• Like (+1) 1

I preferred this type of game honestly. I mean my heart didn’t, but in retrospect this is another W that keeps these guys humble and hungry. Battle tested.

Nothing better than getting the ball with 5:56 left and methodically, slowly, tearing the guts out of the Fins and their lame fan base. That’s championship level football right there and it came against a big rival in a very meaningful game. Throw in the snow globe 4th quarter and it was one of those once in a decade (although with Josh it’s becoming once a year) wins.

11-3. On to Chicago. One game at a time. It’s going to be like this until the season is over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

This is a feisty team with the nastiest , most physically talented QB, the NFL has ever seen. We’re not a great team on both sides of the ball. We have injuries, rookies playing in the secondary and an O- line playing with journeyman at 3 positions after Morse went down. The good news is that the core players find a way to win and McDermott steadies the ship when we face adversity. Dorsey is a work in progress , but he leans on Josh to make up for short comings in protections and a conventional running attack. The long drives that helped us win yesterday, featured Josh’s full repertoire of running and finding crossers against a highly motivated, rugged defense. This is the way we win. As we go forward look for close games that come down to a few plays by our star core players. It’s not perfect but there is not one team that would be more equipped to wi it all.

I’m with you until the last statement.  I see a number of good teams that are on the same level Philly, Dallas, KC,Cincy, Miami, and watch the Chargers as they get healthy.  I would not say that the Bills are any better than any of those teams, but they are probably just as good as any.

if you compare the Bills’ roster against the Phins, I think Miami has more good player.  Allen was the difference.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m with you until the last statement.  I see a number of good teams that are on the same level Philly, Dallas, KC,Cincy, Miami, and watch the Chargers as they get healthy.  I would not say that the Bills are any better than any of those teams, but they are probably just as good as any.

if you compare the Bills’ roster against the Phins, I think Miami has more good player.  Allen was the difference.

I’m glad you clarified my statement. My point was, as you say,they are as capable as the top four teams to make a long run. All these teams (KC, Philly, Cinn.Dallas) are very good but beatable. 

Anything questioning the Bills and not 100% positive is not allowed here and it will be responded to with Emojis and silly responses telling you exactly how they feel. We're all thrilled that they are 11 and 3, however pointing out that it has been a slog does not mean we're so down on them.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Dolphins are talented. They have top ten picks all over their roster and a guy who is running Shanahhan’s offense. The beat us in a lot of the one on one situations, but that is not how you win a championship.  

I take issue with the boneheaded mistakes that happen too often this season to our Bills. But as long as we have Josh, we have a shot. 

I am glad the game was close. The Bills have to continue to prove that we can win these close games. If the game against the Bears is close, I will be concerned. 

If you’re referring to the dropped passes, special teams gaffes, big plays given up on defense, awful execution on screens and quick game, I agree completelyZ

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

have you been a little disappointed that we didn’t destroyed Miami like maybe everybody was thinking this past week ? 

I mean, obviously it was a great, huge, fundamental win for our season, in a comeback way… but the fact that in this kind of weather we won just at the last second, it was a little irritating or not at all ? 

Winning at the last second it’s always a pleasure, especially against the hated fish, but burning them in a blowout would have been a strong signal also, to the entire League. 

Nope.  Given they dominated up front I’m just glad we won.   They’re a good team.

35 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If you’re referring to the dropped passes, special teams gaffes, big plays given up on defense, awful execution on screens and quick game, I agree completelyZ

Yep it seems to happen every game for stretch, and then they turn it on and are unstoppable. Not sure why it happens really, but it’s annoying to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

I for one was sick of hearing about the weather the day it was being reported. The fact anybody needs to rely on Mother Nature to give a reason to beat a division opponent is scary. The weather didn’t affect Miami in the slightest, they showed up, Tua played well, Mostert ran roughshod over us, and we let banana balls over the top kill us. Miami is a good team, the difference was we have a QB who decided to take the game away from them, in a way maybe another qb can’t do. 

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

11-3, but disjointed.  

Right now a team that is definitely a Super Bowl Contender but not one that strikes fear like they did in 2020 and 2021.

The only thing the opposition is worried about is Josh Allen.

The difference in the game was most certainly Josh Allen, but the Dolphins are a good team. 2021 Bills weren’t exactly on fire offensively in December on their way to the playoffs. 

I'm very concerned about the Bills' inability to stop the run against certain opponents, and the utter ineffectiveness of the Bills' running offense through most of the game.  I'm glad Singletary finally enjoyed some production in the 4th quarter, but when the run game is that bad, it puts a lot of pressure ono the passing offense.

Miami was a very desperate team last night… losing last 2 games. They are a division rival which is always tough.

Bills made a handful of plays that cost us. 2 penalties in the second half allowed them opportunities to score their last 10 points… 

If the Bills limited the big penalties and connected on the 2 big plays to Diggs and McKenzie…. The score could have easily been 35-20… ish

I’ve said this in other threads, but if we’re being completely honest, given the many games missed by injured players, we’re a .500 ball club with an MVP who plays QB. IF, and this is a huge and very unlikely IF, we win the Super Bowl, the MVP Trophy -like in the NHL-  needs to be renamed the Josh Allen Award.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

I love this honestly.   It’s hard to manage expectations and it’s possible the Bills make it more challenging to manage than some other teams.  

My take: some teams match up really well and others have your number.   Dolphins and Jets seem to know how to play well against the Bills and given their decent records they are good teams.   I don’t know that it’s about domination for me but more consistent execution.   I don’t necessarily expect TDs every possession but field position changes at the very least!  I don’t expect three and outs every defensive series but 7,8,9 yard runs every first down can not happen.  And then the brutal special teams gaffes….I’m not so sure that wasn’t a called punt block from coaching by the way….. and why that would need to be called in that moment or any for that matter is beyond me given the offense we are supposed to have at our disposal.  

Anyway I think history mandates we can’t know what to expect from this team…regardless of what era.   The word was Bills were unstoppable and got stopped.  Then it was Bills can’t win the one score game and then…they are gutting it out and rattle off 5 straight in closer games.  

Who knows but for now their record has them #1 and that’s pretty darn good!

Handle business is the expectation regardless of how just handle the job at hand and all is well.   

Go Bills!

They keep you on the edge of your seat. To me that is about as much fun as you can ask for !
Bills got all the heart . and the skills/talent will continue to improve as a whole.

McBeane is building this Bills Franchise into long term contenders as well as SB prospects.

Now the Dolphins and then Jets are working hard at taking over the roles that NE left vacant too.

Love the competition and hard fought games within the division !
Pretty darned good is right 

Go Bills

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.