I’m starting to get extremely frustrated with Dorsey.

FireChans

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Think its more on Beane not bringing in an Oline that can get a run game going and take pressure off the passing game more than a Dorsey thing. 

Those runs to our right side by Miami had significant blocking that we can never properly replicate. I don't think that's a scheme issue.

I think there's a lot of different ways to attribute blame. Certainly, the OL players deserve some for playing badly at times. The FO and leadership deserve some for not bringing in players who play well.

But there isn't a 26 year old All-Pro RG walking through that door at this point in the season. I choose to focus on Dorsey, because I think he can clean up some of the schematic stuff and make this offense a little bit more effective.

IMO, there's a clear reason our 2 and 4 min offenses look like different units. And Dorsey needs to do some soul-searching as to why that is, because as much as I enjoy Josh Allen heroics, I think that most games coming down to give Josh the ball and get out of the way is not a recipe for playoff success.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Beast said:

450 yards, 32 points and a win.

I guess it’s his fault they didn’t put up 600 and 50.

I guess it’s also his fault the o-line play went to ***** when Morse left the game.

Sometimes you need to look a little more deeper into things then just reading a box score.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Daboll was not that different  Think were seeing some of the fallout from a team that failed to shore up its O line and that was before the injuries piled up  We dont have any difference makers on offense besides 17 and 14 and especially not on the O line

Obviously Josh does mask a ton of issues.  I just feel like Dorsey is trying to survive this season.  He's calling plays like a true rookie OC. His OL is a mess thanks to 3 years of drafting neglect. Josh is just going to have to keep carry this team in spite of Dorsey's first year.

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

10-3 with 5 wins in 25 down the stretch - yeah bash on Dorsey. I love where we are LFG

Josh Allen makes up for a lot of bad play calling and scheming. I'm not saying fire the OC or anything, but there is a lot to clean up this offseason. Where is the short passing game? Why can't we run a screen? Why can't we run with the RB? Where are the timing routes and slants. Why don't we use the middle of the field more, almost everything is to the outside?

The whole offense seems to be have Allen run around and play backyard football. The scheme itself doesn't seem very effective.

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Josh Allen makes up for a lot of bad play calling and scheming. I'm not saying fire the OC or anything, but there is a lot to clean up this offseason. Where is the short passing game? Why can't we run a screen? Why can't we run with the RB? Where are the timing routes and slants. Why don't we use the middle of the field more, almost everything is to the outside?

The whole offense seems to be have Allen run around and play backyard football. The scheme itself doesn't seem very effective.

Dorsey calls the plays within Allens skillset and lets him improvise- no problem with Dorsey here.

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I like the heavy pass approach, but where are the runs mixed in durian the drives? Where are the play actions?

Bills offence got 32 amd 450 plus yards, but that’s because Josh is an absolute animal

there is a serious lack of a short passing game.

Davis doesn’t run many short routes.

Diggs is a premiere route runner and is near unguardable in the short game.

a lack of drag/crossing routes. 
there is a lack of rub routes Beasley and McKenzie should feast with those routes.

not hook routes from the tight ends.

im hoping they can spin together a short passing game in the last 3 games of the season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I’m starting to get ….frustrated isn’t the right word, “Bemused” by is better - fans on this board who can’t even enjoy the win for an hour without dunking on a player or two or a coach.

The forum would be incredibly boring if after every win we all just posted virtual high fives. Nothing wrong with just enjoying wins but that's not why we come here.

I'll cut Dorsey a little slack because he's a 1st year coordinator and the talent on offense is below average for a championship contender. I just wish he would make it a point to focus more on quick passes and running the ball. The drives where we do seem to always be successful. The drives that fail often feature three attempts to set up deep shots. I know Allen is elite but there's no rule that says elite QBs aren't allowed to have easy answers mixed in. Mahomes gets multiple plays a game that are easy pitch and catch to pass catchers in space. We get very few of those.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

there is a serious lack of a short passing game.

Davis doesn’t run many short routes.

Diggs is a premiere route runner and is near unguardable in the short game.

a lack of drag/crossing routes. 
there is a lack of rub routes Beasley and McKenzie should feast with those routes.

not hook routes from the tight ends.

im hoping they can spin together a short passing game in the last 3 games of the season.

Beasley should feast after 72 hours?

Maybe next week. 

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

Your name is literally "FireChans".

I mean... I guess Modkins was the offensive coordinator for Gailey?  But Chan was the de facto offensive coordinator.

I would have LOVED to see what Chan would have done with this team...

Dude was always given lemons and told to make it into lemonade without any sugar.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

The offense is getting better, not worse, and over the last 3 weeks has done a good job of playing the team in front of it. Against the Jets and Patriots, the scoring output was lower but against those teams it's more important to play a clean game.

They scored on 50% of the drives today with all of them except for one being touchdowns, and that's essentially a league best number. It isn't the best look to score 3 times then get stopped 3 times, but if it's in a different order no one is complaining. We're getting super bowl winning caliber offensive production and Dorsey is maximizing the skillset of his franchise QB. That's the job.

The Bills are lacking a stretch the field WR. They have no home run threat anymore. Davis isn't that guy. Not sure why? The other WRs often don't get a lot of separation. The WR core does lack talent. McKenzie is not dependable, Gabe is average, Shakir doesn't play, Beasley and Browne are washed, and that only leaves Diggs.

The Bills RBs don't scare any team and you don't have to game plan for them.

The oline is below average with leads to a lack of consistent running production and Allen protection.

Then there's Josh Allen who can and does do it all fairly consistently.

It's easy to blame Dorsey but the offensive problems are more a lack of talent and weapons coupled with injuries rather than a Dorsey problem. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.