So did you make the playoffs in your fantasy league?

Logic

I play in one league, this is the 4th year. 

14 teams. 

I won the league Playoffs in 2019 and 2020. 

Won the 2022 regular season and got knocked out in Round 1. 

Like always ESPN predicted me to finish last after the Draft, and I finished 2nd. Playoffs start this week. 

Backbone is Herbert, Pollard, Hill, Diggs, Metcalf and I rotate 3 defenses - Eagles, 49ers, Patriots. 

Isiah Pacheco saved RB #2 right at the time Mostert was phased out of the offense for Jeff Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Evans was a total bum down the stretch and  Herbert didn’t have the season  expected… Breece Hall was a let down, Dobbins invisible all year.

it seemed like an A+ draft until the season materialized.  

Still have one more week to try and eek in the last spot, but a lot of help is needed. 

I made it in off of a week 13 victory coupled with losses of two teams ahead of me record wise. Then I just so happened to get matched up in the 1st Round against a guy who had Jalen Hurts, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Jeudy (who has the best game of his life), and Mike Williams. I lost by 50 and scored the 2nd most points out of any team in our league last week. What do you do? There was no lineup I could have put together that would have won me that game. 

2 leagues, playoffs in both:

League 1 - 12 team PPR with OP position:
(Last year: 3rd place, currently tied for 2nd) playoffs start next week

QB: Josh Allen

RB: James Connor

RB: David Montgomery  

RB/WR: Paris Campbell
WR: Amon-Ra St Brown

WR: Elijah Moore

TE: Travis Kelce

OP: Joe Burrow

D/ST: Rotating (currently Bengals)

K: Nick Folk

Notable Backups:

QB: Justin Fields

WR: Allen Robinson (WORST PICK EVER)

WR: George Pickens

League 2: 12 team PPR (reigning champ, currently 3rd. Lost out on 2nd place bye because another opponent won by .08 pts)

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Najee Harris (I took him ROUND 1 🤮)

RB: Josh Jacobs
WR: Tee Higgins

WR: Mike Williams

TE: Dalton Shultz

FLX: Christian Kirk

D/ST: Rotating (Baltimore, KC, or Cinci)

K: Tyler Bass

Notable Backups:
RB: Cordarelle Patterson (underperformed)

WR: Paris Campbell

WR: Tyler Boyd (big help when Higgins was out)

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I sure did. Dominated my league all year long and got knocked out in the first round this week because of week 14 bye weeks, injuries, and Travis Kelce taking the week off. Maybe my best played year of all-time despite not winning.

I would strongly recommend that you push your league/commish to have your playoffs run from Week 15-17 in future years. It doesn't make any sense to have playoffs begin in a week where there are still bye weeks (although I think it's silly that the NFL has teams with byes as late as Week 14 in the first place) because the the exact issue you experienced. You shouldn't have your star players unavailable in the playoffs because of a bye week. I'm sorry that this happened to you :(

In the league I care most about (dynasty/auction) I snuck into the 2-seed for the first round bye for the third year straight.  Unfortunately both of the last two years I proceeded to lose in both the semifinals and consolation bracket for zero money.

Lost Kupp but otherwise been pretty healthy.  Lineup is currently...

QB - Josh

RB - Rhamondre Stevenson (get well soon please)

RB - Jonathan Taylor

WR - DK Metcalf

WR - Juju SS

TE - Cole Kmet

Flex - Isiah Pacheco

K - Jason Myers

DEF - Patriots

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Hate a week 17 championship. If you have some powerhouse players they're on teams likely to take the foot off the gas when you need to win out. 

It makes things interesting, though. 

Most leagues have their championship week in the 2nd to last week of the NFL season. Now that there are 18 weeks, Week 17 is the championship week for most leagues. I agree that Week 17 championships didn't make any sense back when there were only 17 weeks in the NFL season, for the reason that you described. I don't recall there being many examples where teams are resting guys in the second-to-last week though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Well? Who's in? Who missed out on the playoffs by one heartbreaking game outcome? What players carried your team this season? Who let you down and is dead to you now?

If there's one thing other people LOVE, it's hearing you go on and on about your fantasy league. So let's hear it!

Me? I'm in two dynasty leagues and a standard (redraft) league. Decent amount of money on the line in all three. I have a 10-4 record and a first round bye in both dynasty leagues. I made the playoffs as the third seed in the redraft league, and my first round matchup is against a work rival. It's a FRIENDLY rivalry, but still. Should be a fun one.

Letdowns for me this season: Kyle Pitts, Kyler Murray, D'Andre Swift.
MVPs for me this season: Saquon Barkley, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, AJ Brown, Greg Dulcich (mid-season waiver wire add). Not all of these guys on the same team, mind you, but across the three leagues.

So....Are you bringing home the trophy?

I'm in, although my team has been underachieving the past few weeks, which cost me a much needed bye week.  

Josh Allen has not quite lived up to his draft status but I have faith that he will win me my third in a row.

Davonte Adams,  Amon-Ra St Brown and Christian Kirk have been solid for the most part.

My RB's are way too inconsistent, with Singletary, Keneth Walker and Etienne are trying to hold it down, after I lost Breece Hall early in the season.  

But yes, I plan on winning it all, for the 3rd year in a row.  

• Like (+1) 1

Did not make the playoffs because Kyler Murray got hurt early on Monday night.  Only needed a relatively small number of points to get in the playoffs.  Overall, Murray was a big disappointment this year, even before the knee injury (of course I feel badly that he tore his ACL).

I had a lot of player injuries this year.  JK Dobbins and E. Mitchell both missed most of the season.  CeeDee Lamb has been better recently, but he was not getting  points when Dak was out.  Chase has been good, but he also missed a bunch of games.

I was in second place in my league with easy win lined up for last week when..... Kyler Murry and Stevenson both went down and delivered bupkis. Now I'm in 5th and have to play with Ryan Tannehill or Rodgers.  My backup was Stafford until he went down.  Can't complain.... but really want to! 

In 15 years of playing FF I just had my most devastating playoff miss. 

In the last week the only way I could miss the playoffs was if: 

1) I lost my matchup

AND

2) The 3 teams that trailed me by 1 game each won their matchups (and won tiebreakers) 

I lost my matchup by 15 points. I started Kyler Murray, Tyler Boyd, and Davante Parker (I had Olave and McLaurin on my bench due to week 14 byes). All THREE of those different starters got injured early and combined for <5 points. All I needed was a non-terrible game from Murray (let alone the other 2 guys) and I would've won. 

The other 3 teams all won their games and I narrowly lost out on the PF tiebreaker. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.