So did you make the playoffs in your fantasy league?

Logic

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well? Who's in? Who missed out on the playoffs by one heartbreaking game outcome? What players carried your team this season? Who let you down and is dead to you now?

If there's one thing other people LOVE, it's hearing you go on and on about your fantasy league. So let's hear it!

Me? I'm in two dynasty leagues and a standard (redraft) league. Decent amount of money on the line in all three. I have a 10-4 record and a first round bye in both dynasty leagues. I made the playoffs as the third seed in the redraft league, and my first round matchup is against a work rival. It's a FRIENDLY rivalry, but still. Should be a fun one.

Letdowns for me this season: Kyle Pitts, Kyler Murray, D'Andre Swift.
MVPs for me this season: Saquon Barkley, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, AJ Brown, Greg Dulcich (mid-season waiver wire add). Not all of these guys on the same team, mind you, but across the three leagues.

So....Are you bringing home the trophy?

Im in the playoffs in all 3 leagues.  #1 seed and a bye first round in one, 3rd seed in another, 5th seed in another.  5th seed I have Josh Allen at QB...but also Justin Fields on the bench who has been outscoring Allen lately.  With bad weather in Buffalo, I need to decide to start Fields against Eagles...or Allen in bad weather against Miami.  UGH. 

You just know what ever choice I make will end up being wrong...so I might just start Fields to help Josh go off haha.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I sure did. Dominated my league all year long and got knocked out in the first round this week because of week 14 bye weeks, injuries, and Travis Kelce taking the week off. Maybe my best played year of all-time despite not winning.

Happened to me years ago in the PPP league. tasker, I think beat me week 1. I didn't lose again despite mocking the league and benching my starters before playoffs. 

Get to the playoffs and lose by 3 pts in first round because some random player lit it up in the dudes flex spot. 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Yep. Demolished all season. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Josh Jacobs, Mike Williams, Mike Evans, were my backbone. Used scrub RBs most weeks until I traded Christian Kirk and Swift for Dalvin Cook midway. Picked up Dobbins last week, running with Butker at kicker and different defense every week. 

As soon as I lost Michael Thomas I got Olave. Who was great. In the Bye for Mahomes I grabbed Tua. I keep him so others can't get him but never keep more than QB, Def, or K.

Picked up McKinnon, Lazzard for insurance next week. 

Outscored league by 200+

I'm sitting Jacobs and riding with Dobbins this week. Dalvin Cook is my other RB. 

How could you possibly sit Jacobs? Cook has been terrible lately. Not that that matters you can't sit Jacobs regardless. 

I'm on a bye😁

Yes.  Tied for first with two other teams, but lost the tiebreakers, so I'm a 3 seed and missed the bye.  I have Tyreek, Justin Jefferson, and Mike Williams, so I was absolutely carried by my WR play and Nick Chubb.  Otherwise, my roster is complete garbage and my starting QB is now Deshaun Watson.  

1 minute ago, Process said:

How could you possibly sit Jacobs? Cook has been terrible lately. Not that that matters you can't sit Jacobs regardless. 

I'm on a bye😁

Our bye was last week. I like Dobbins @ Cleveland this wweek averaging 110+ ypg against them running. I may switch last minute. I am aggressive this week - benched Hill against Buffalo in favor of Olave @ Atlanta, Mike Williams @ Tennessee, and my flex is McKinnon. Meaning Mike Evans, Tyreek hill are benched.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d love to get involved in a dynasty league. I’ve been running fantasy leagues since 1988 when I’d add up the scores using the USA Today box scores, but dynasty leagues seem like a lot of work-  I’d rather have someone else run it.  I love the thought of a rookie draft.

there are not rookie drafts in any of my leagues-  of the 3 I’m in, one is a standard (No keeper), one is a keeper (keep your best player regardless of round chosen, it’s lame) and the best is a keeper where you keep a player based on round drafted.  The round based keeper has much more strategy.  Round value is everything.  It leads to some lopsided trades once teams give up but it rewards those that know how to draft and project. 

I agree that running a dynasty league seems tiring. Thankfully, someone else is the commish in both of the leagues I'm in.

I just recently started doing it (I have a first year and a second year team), and I love it. I immediately prefer it over redraft leagues. It's cool because when you're having a bad season, you can still have fun. You can trade aging players away for younger players or future draft picks. You can survey the scene and say "I'm not realistically keeping up with the top two or three teams, but they're filled with older players, so I'm gonna position myself to be a contender a season or two from now". Other people have little patience and trade away future draft picks for good players NOW. Fun in the moment, but something you regret once your team starts aging and the future comes. A guy in my league correctly realized he wasn't in any shape to contend this season or next, so he traded away all his best assets for youngsters and draft picks, but by 2024 or so, he'll likely be the top team in the league, and for a long time. Rookie picks hitting can really change your team's fortunes quickly. 

The key to dynasty leagues working well is having a group of people committed to sticking around for the long haul. The danger of someone trading away all their future assets, wrecking their roster, and then leaving behind an orphan team that nobody wants is very real. That's why many dynasty leagues require you to pay future years in advance, or to pay a monetary fee for any trades you make using future assets. If you CAN get a good, committed crew, though, it's an absolute blast, and feels like it rewards strategy and long term planning more than luck, to a degree that redraft does not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Four leagues:

8-6 6th seed / 12 teams / 6 in playoffs

10-4 1st seed / 10 teams / 6 in playoffs

8-6 2nd seed / 10 teams / 6 in playoffs

7-7 16 teams / 8 in playoffs (missed the playoffs on a points scored tie breaker by just ~30 points on the season - ugh!!!)

Desperately want to win the second league as the stakes in that league are very high and my team is loaded with Bills.

4 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Currently alone in first at 11-3.  Playoffs are weeks 16-17.

Tee Higgins & Deebo being out will hurt this week but hopefully not out long term.

Hate a week 17 championship. If you have some powerhouse players they're on teams likely to take the foot off the gas when you need to win out. 

It makes things interesting, though. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Hate a week 17 championship. If you have some powerhouse players they're on teams likely to take the foot off the gas when you need to win out. 

It makes things interesting, though. 

Yeah that's gonna be a crap shoot assuming I get that far.  Might have to load up on players for teams who have something to play for.

I'm in 3 leagues. First one is an auction keeper league where I made the playoffs as the sixth seed. Josh Allen has been clutch for me but I would have missed the playoffs if I didn't pick up Justin Fields and start him over Allen when Fields played Detroit and Josh played Minny. Allen Robinson was by far my biggest bust on that team.

My second one is a standard snake redraft where I had the overall #1 pick. I picked CMC but my team was floundering until I picked up Fields and CMC got traded to the 9ers. I made the playoffs as the 3 seed. 

My third league is a league where you have only your favorite team's players. It's kinda a joke league, obviously, but it's surprisingly fun and I've won it the past two years. We have one more week left before the playoffs and I'm currently the 2 seed and only 4 teams make the playoffs. I could get bumped out of contention entirely if things go wrong this week. Fingers crossed!

Edited by patzen

I'm in two 10 team leagues, one with standard scoring and one with PPR

Team 1 - I'm 10-4 and #1 in the league. My best players have been Josh Allen and Davonte Adams, dead to me our my TE's George Kittle and Dawson Knox.

Team 2 PPR league I'm 14-0 and have outscored the second highest team in the league by nearly 300 points. I picked 10th and started the draft like this...

1. Aaron Jones RB

2. Kelce TE

3. AJ Brown WR

4. Mahomes QB

5. Jacobs RB

6. Waddle WR

7. Sanders RB

One more week then playoffs in both leagues

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

No. I was in a win and in situation. 

I lost by 2 points. 

Tampas defense got me -2.

I needed another guy to win and I still make it. He Was predicted to win going into Monday night, he has Kyler Murray as his QB. He lost. 

fantasy gods hate me. 

Damn. It's weeks like that that make you want to quit fantasy altogether. Rough.

I started out 7-1 and finished 9-5 and finished as the 3rd seed for the playoffs. My team is not really that good but I won a ton of terrible low scoring games. I'm the 3rd lowest scorer in the league so it goes to show you how luck I got.

QBs-Cousins, Brady, Watson

RBs- Ekeler, Najee Harris, Singletary, Zonovan Knight, Raheem Mostert

WRs- Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, George Pickens, Donovan Peoples Jones, Darius Slayton

TEs- Knox, Noah Fant

Defense- Jets

Kicker- Carlson

Lost Javonte Williams(my 2nd rounder), which spurred me to trade for Najee Harris. Allen out most of the year, Hopkins suspended 6 games, lost Michael Thomas for the year. My team was pure dog poo at one point. Just lucky to be in the dance but I think I have a solid enough team now to make a run if I get lucky. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Yep. Demolished all season. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Josh Jacobs, Mike Williams, Mike Evans, were my backbone. Used scrub RBs most weeks until I traded Christian Kirk and Swift for Dalvin Cook midway. Picked up Dobbins last week, running with Butker at kicker and different defense every week. 

As soon as I lost Michael Thomas I got Olave. Who was great. In the Bye for Mahomes I grabbed Tua. I keep him so others can't get him but never keep more than QB, Def, or K.

Picked up McKinnon, Lazzard for insurance next week. 

Outscored league by 200+

I'm sitting Jacobs and riding with Dobbins this week. Dalvin Cook is my other RB. 

Did the exact same thing with Tua/Mahomes lol, to the week

• Haha (+1) 1

Didn't make it one league but did make it in this one.

Suffice to say, my team has been ass lately with

Higgins/Etienne playing the injured/not injured game,

Kyler Murray out for Hopkins

Goedart out

Waddle disappearing

Jamaal Williams simmering down

I went from #1 seed and most points scored to losing 4 straight and now I am 4th seed. 🤢

Capture.JPG

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.