So did you make the playoffs in your fantasy league?

Logic

Well? Who's in? Who missed out on the playoffs by one heartbreaking game outcome? What players carried your team this season? Who let you down and is dead to you now?

If there's one thing other people LOVE, it's hearing you go on and on about your fantasy league. So let's hear it!

Me? I'm in two dynasty leagues and a standard (redraft) league. Decent amount of money on the line in all three. I have a 10-4 record and a first round bye in both dynasty leagues. I made the playoffs as the third seed in the redraft league, and my first round matchup is against a work rival. It's a FRIENDLY rivalry, but still. Should be a fun one.

Letdowns for me this season: Kyle Pitts, Kyler Murray, D'Andre Swift.
MVPs for me this season: Saquon Barkley, Tee Higgins, Mike Williams, AJ Brown, Greg Dulcich (mid-season waiver wire add). Not all of these guys on the same team, mind you, but across the three leagues.

So....Are you bringing home the trophy?

This is the last week of our regular season in a 12 team league.

I am in a fight with 2 others for the last 2 spots, seeds 3 and 4. One guy is probably 95% likely to get one, I'm at 75%, the other guy is probably at 25%. Obviously that doesn't quite add up but you get the idea. If I win I'm in. I play a mediocre team, the 95% guy plays the worst team in the league, the last guy plays the 1 seed who has destroyed all of us (though I beat him somehow 2 weeks ago)

I would have been the 2 seed but I lost 5 starters to a bye week last weekend, in my game against the current 2 seed. Lost by 8 points 

Ekeler and Mahomes were the prize, the rest of my roster us guys who never hit big numbers but always gave me between 8-20 points. Terry McLaurin Devonta Smith Lazard Mooney etc guys line that. I was probably the most consistent team in the league, never highest scoring. Swift also gave me troubles, he was my 2nd round pick

Our first place guy has hurts, kelce, Henry, and hill in a 12 team league somehow 

Since NE played the bills 2 weeks ago I swapped their D for Cleveland and got 30 points for it too lol

• Like (+1) 1

No one cares-

but in the spirit of the thread

I’m in 3 12 team leagues-  

1st round bye in 2 league

Clinched a playoff spot in the other, but playoffs don’t start til the following week. 

I have one of the best team I’ve ever assembled in one of my keepers leagues due to a trade-  each team keeps one player in the rd they were drafted (rd goes up 1 each year and can be kept for max 3 years)

I traded:  

Deandre Hopkins (6th round keeper)

Jameson Williams (15th round keeper)

for

Davante Adam (1st rd keeper)

Ja’Marr Chase (4th rd keeper)

James Cook (not keeper eligible as he was dropped earlier in the season)

not a fair trade you say?  I traded with a team that wasn’t making the playoffs, so dude was looking to add the best keeper he could for next year.  Jameson Williams as a last rd keeper is gold.  Hopkins is dam good in the 6th as well (but he can only keep 1).  

Lineup- 

Qb- Josh Allen (4th round)

rb- Nick Chubb (2nd rd)

rb- Saquon Barkley (1st rd 12th overall)

wr- Stefon Diggs (was my 3rd round keeper, initially 5th rd in 2020)

wr- davante Adams (trade)

TE-  Njoku/Kmet (waiver fodder)

flex- Ja’Marr Chase (trade)

flex- choice of James Cook, Jeff Wilson, Josh Palmer. 

the other teams are good, but no one cares so I’ll end my fantasy LAMP post here.  

Edited by NewEra

I am a first-time Fantasy Football player this season and I managed to squeak into the playoffs.  Diggs and Chubb have been my horses for the most part.

It's been a great and fun learning experience and I'm already looking forward to next season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No one cares-

I’m in 3 leagues-  

Clinched a playoff spot in the other, but playoffs don’t start til the following week. 

I have one of the best team I’ve ever assembled in one of my keepers leagues due to a trade-  each team keeps one player in the rd they were drafted (rd goes up 1 each year and can be kept for max 3 years)

I traded:  

for

Lineup- 

rb- Nick Chubb (2nd rd)

the other teams are good, but no one cares so I’ll end my fantasy LAMP post here.  

you dont care so much that you typed out your whole team

good job not caring!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I am a first-time Fantasy Football player this season and I managed to squeak into the playoffs.  Diggs and Chubb have been my horses for the most part.

It's been a great and fun learning experience and I'm already looking forward to next season.

I've been doing it for maybe 10 years or so.  Never much success, until this year when I had my 18 year old son help pick my players "Dad, if you read the scoring rules for your league and stop just picking guys whose names you know, you'll do better"

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No one cares-

I’m in 3 leagues-  

I traded:  

for

Lineup- 

rb- Nick Chubb (2nd rd)

I'm intrigued by Keeper leagues.

I'm in dynasty leagues, but in those, you just keep your whole team. They appeal to my love for roster building and long term strategy. I also love that there's a rookie draft every year, that you can trade future draft picks, and the whole added layer of strategy around player ages. For instance, early in the season, a clearly non-contending team traded Tyreek Hill to a contending team in exchange for Drake London. Whereas that wouldn't be a fair trade in a redraft league, it made good sense both parties in this instance.

Keeper leagues, though...that's a whole OTHER level of strategy involved. They seem a little intimidating, but I'm sure they're not, once you get the hang of things. Are there rookie drafts in those, as well? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 got first round bye. 

In the losers bracket (did not make the playoffs). 

However, my league is structured to make the losers bracket interesting - if I win the "toilet bowl" I get first overall pick in a non-snake style draft. We get to keep 4 players and if I can get the 1st overall pick as well, I'll be pretty stoked!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I'm intrigued by Keeper leagues.

I'm in dynasty leagues, but in those, you just keep your whole team. They appeal to my love for roster building and long term strategy. I also love that there's a rookie draft every year, that you can trade future draft picks, and the whole added layer of strategy around player ages. For instance, early in the season, a clearly non-contending team traded Tyreek Hill to a contending team in exchange for Drake London. Whereas that wouldn't be a fair trade in a redraft league, it made good sense both parties in this instance.

Keeper leagues, though...that's a whole OTHER level of strategy involved. They seem a little intimidating, but I'm sure they're not, once you get the hang of things. Are there rookie drafts in those, as well? 

I’d love to get involved in a dynasty league. I’ve been running fantasy leagues since 1988 when I’d add up the scores using the USA Today box scores, but dynasty leagues seem like a lot of work-  I’d rather have someone else run it.  I love the thought of a rookie draft.

there are not rookie drafts in any of my leagues-  of the 3 I’m in, one is a standard (No keeper), one is a keeper (keep your best player regardless of round chosen, it’s lame) and the best is a keeper where you keep a player based on round drafted.  The round based keeper has much more strategy.  Round value is everything.  It leads to some lopsided trades once teams give up but it rewards those that know how to draft and project. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yep. Demolished all season. Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Josh Jacobs, Mike Williams, Mike Evans, were my backbone. Used scrub RBs most weeks until I traded Christian Kirk and Swift for Dalvin Cook midway. Picked up Dobbins last week, running with Butker at kicker and different defense every week. 

As soon as I lost Michael Thomas I got Olave. Who was great. In the Bye for Mahomes I grabbed Tua. I keep him so others can't get him but never keep more than QB, Def, or K.

Picked up McKinnon, Lazzard for insurance next week. 

Outscored league by 200+

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Yes. Jalen hurts and Josh Jacobs two of my best draft picks ever. Beasts.

I'm sitting Jacobs and riding with Dobbins this week. Dalvin Cook is my other RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

Four leagues, one 10 teamer and three 12 teamers, one with IDPs. 

One 13-1 and a first round playoff bye;

One 8-6 and a playoff Quarter final this week;

One 10-4 in second place with one week of regular season to go;

One 10-4 in first place with one week of the regular season to go;

I had pretty good drafts this year. A lot of Josh Jacobs and a lot of Miles Sanders both of whom I was high on coming in and they worked out for me. Have two teams with Jefferson, one with Hill and one with AJ Brown too. So basically in all 4 teams I have a top 5 fantasy receiver and then at least one of Jacobs and Sanders. That has pretty much kept me in the game every week. 

I do think we are at the point now in fantasy where your first pick should always be an elite receiver. Running backs are just not guaranteed volume in the same way as an elite receiver. If you can find a couple of backs in rounds 3 and 4 who will end up eating you have a shot.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.