What was the furthest you traveled to see the Bills play?

Another Fan

42 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

I forgot to put my tickets on sale, so I'm going to the game this weekend.  I'm driving from Tucson to Phoenix on Friday.  I'll be in Buffalo LATE Friday night.  Going to the game, flying back on Sunday and arriving home around midnight that night.

What airline?  With the elimination of the direct PHX-BUF flight by Southwest, there is no easy way to get between AZ and BUF.  For the Green Bay game this year, I booked on Frontier, my flight in through Denver was cancelled, and I had to buy a last-minute seat on American through Philly.  It was a VERY long day.  I left my house at 3:45 AM and landed in Buffalo around 10:30 PM.  Frontier actually got me back home the day after the game.

So that was my longest travel to a Bills game.  Phoenix to Philly to Buffalo, or around 2,300 flight miles.  The way back was Buffalo-Orlando-Phoenix, or about 2,800 flight miles.  Also got to see a Sabres win that weekend!  Had a blast and can't wait for the next one.

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

What airline?  With the elimination of the direct PHX-BUF flight by Southwest, there is no easy way to get between AZ and BUF.  For the Green Bay game this year, I booked on Frontier, my flight in through Denver was cancelled, and I had to buy a last-minute seat on American through Philly.  It was a VERY long day.  I left my house at 3:45 AM and landed in Buffalo around 10:30 PM.  Frontier actually got me back home the day after the game.

So that was my longest travel to a Bills game.  Phoenix to Philly to Buffalo, or around 2,300 flight miles.  The way back was Buffalo-Orlando-Phoenix, or about 2,800 flight miles.  Also got to see a Sabres win that weekend!  Had a blast and can't wait for the next one.

Yeah, I'm on the same flight route through Frontier.  It was $300 roundtrip, as opposed to $660 elsewhere ($750 through Tucson).  Flying out of Phoenix at like 1250, then laying over in Denver for a few hours before flying to Buffalo at 10:50pm.  Then flying out of Buffalo at 11:35am Sunday, and laying over in Denver for almost 6 hours.  I'll be in Phoenix by 9:30pm 

4 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Went from Buffalo to San Francisco in 2001 for a SNF football game and was treated to a 35-0 beat down.

The good old Rob Johnson years.

I was at that game as well.  The Bills were Offside on the opening kickoff and went downhill from there...  😖

The Niners fans around us were all "We're gonna kill you guys!" at the beginning of the game.  By the end of the game, they were asking "Are you going to be okay?  What can we do to help you out?"  Gotta love Californians.  🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

From Hawaii - its an annual thing now for me to come back home to Western New York once a year to see a game.  Cant wait to move back to Rochester, (Suburb of Webster), and get my season tickets.

Been considering getting Bills season tickets for 2023, (Even while residing in Hawaii), and just fly in to Buffalo for as many games as I can.  Expensive, but worth it!!!  Love the Bills and love the people of Western NY!  Due to my career choice, I've had the opportunity to see the world and meet people from all over.  You people in Western NY are the best - I'm just not sure you know it.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

10.5 hours for the Browns game this year!  

My son and I got a selfie with Von Miller, he signed our poster board that said "Drove 10 hours from Atlanta", made the Buffalo News and also got on TV (Thanks @LeviF!)

My son said it was the best day of his life!

Memories > Things. 

Well done, sir! 

From Italy to Buffalo is far enough ? Seahawks - Bills, 10/15/1995, 21-27. Bills record after 6 games 5-1

WHAT A DAY ! What a dream come true. 

I still have the ticket, newspaper’s and lot of pics about that day and vacation, my first time there. 

Edited by Italian Bills

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

And we have a (prospective) winner!!!!

Yeah, more like wishful thinking!

That said, the furthest I have traveled for the Bills was for the 1991 AFC Championship game (Bills vs Broncos), when I visited from Colorado, where I was living at the time.

Let's go Buffalo!

Melbourne, Australia to Buffalo is 10,127 miles (according to travelmath.com) in November 2000.

This is my one and only attendance at a Bills game - and what a game it was!  We were victorious at Ralph Wilson stadium versus the Bears 20 - 3.  The highlight was seeing Doug Flutie rush for a TD :).  The atmosphere in the stadium (and outside before the game) was incredible and is something I will never forget!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.