Where was the best hamburger you’ve ever ate?

Another Fan

Local place here in Ohio called Blazin Burgers.  They have one called the Elvis Burger that is on the menu, but only in the restaurant on a marker board "Specials" kind of thing.  Typical burger, but has peanut butter and fried bananas on it with some other things.  Sounds odd, and we went there a dozen times over the years before I worked up the guts to try it, but it's amazing.  They also have a few other burgers that I really enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/13/2022 at 2:38 PM, Gugny said:

There are three locations.  Which one have you been to and is it safe to assume the burgers will be/taste the same across all locations?  I'd like to try the one near Central Park sometime.

Saw this TT today where they go to the location

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRq6qrRG/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:17 PM, cle23 said:

Local place here in Ohio called Blazin Burgers.  They have one called the Elvis Burger that is on the menu, but only in the restaurant on a marker board "Specials" kind of thing.  Typical burger, but has peanut butter and fried bananas on it with some other things.  Sounds odd, and we went there a dozen times over the years before I worked up the guts to try it, but it's amazing.  They also have a few other burgers that I really enjoy.

I haven’t been there. But if we are talking about Ohio burgers, not sure how you can beat the Galley Boy from Swenson’s!! 

On 12/13/2022 at 6:29 PM, Dan in Owego said:

Best burger, pipers kilt Inwood Manhattan. Believe they have a location in the Bronx as well, just an old school pub got the Eastchester with bacon cheese onion rings lettuce and tomato , really really good super juicy think it was flat top cooked with beef fat.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, Captain Caveman said:

I used to work at a place called the Piper's Kilt, they had a location in the Bronx and another in Inwood, Manhattan, that also at one point was recognized as the best burger in NYC.  They were pretty great.

That's really cool, which one did you work at? Went to the Inwood location twice probably around 2012.

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

Steak N Shake has really good burgers

Not the best but they do make a good one, smashburgers really. I like that its just onion, tomato, and lettuce... non of the other crap that some places pile on because they are "trendy". 

• Agree 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I haven’t been there. But if we are talking about Ohio burgers, not sure how you can beat the Galley Boy from Swenson’s!! 

Blazin Burgers is just 1 location. They had 2 for a couple years but the 2nd location was tiny and apparently they couldn't keep workers. 

I've never tried Swenson's, though it is fairly local. About a half hour drive for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Blazin Burgers is just 1 location. They had 2 for a couple years but the 2nd location was tiny and apparently they couldn't keep workers. 

I've never tried Swenson's, though it is fairly local. About a half hour drive for me. 

you gotta hit up Swenson’s!  It is a NE Ohio institution. Get the Galley Boy too. 

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, Jauronimo said:

I can tell you the most disappointing burger was Craigie on Main in Boston.  They make like 20 burgers a night (its a fine dining restaurant) and its first come first served. So we waited outside for an hour before the doors opened to secure a burger and it had almost no sear, it was very juicy but not much on flavor, the bun was sopping wet.  I think they sous vide that thing.  But the worst part was their house made ketchup which had none of the umami or sweetness of ketchup.  Total fail.  No clue why it was such a big deal.  Scarcity is not a substitute for quality.  

On 12/13/2022 at 2:10 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to say that now that I have perfected making my own smashburger, nothing beats it.  It is so perfect and easy. 

I make burgers two ways at home and both yield excellent results:

4 oz smash burgers on a cast iron plancha in my BGE at 600F. 80/20 or 85/15 works well. Great for beef that is tightly compressed in packaging. Wagyu from Costco is my go to if I don’t have a cow from a local farmer. Getting my next  1/2 cow in January. 

6-8 oz (and up) cooked sous vide at 133F for an hour (or more), then seared on the BGE at 600F (min). Great for more loosely ground beef.  85/15 is perfect, but I don’t like anything fattier done this way.

It’s difficult to say what was the best burger I had out. A lot of places do good or even very good burgers, but few do great ones. Giancarlo’s had an excellent one, but they recently took it off the menu. Five Guys is my go to around Buffalo if I need a quick burger fix.

• Like (+1) 1

A place in the Dallas Fort Worth area called "Dugg Burger"  The top bun was baked on a mold, I assume?  It was hollowed out and that's where you put all your desired condiments.  You ordered your burger at the front of the line and they gave you a tray with this bun that was bigger than a saucer.  when you got to the end of the condiment buffet line they had your burger ready, and it was cooked to your desire.  The best tasting burger I've ever had.

I went to Dallas in June of 2018 to help a friend pack.  She was moving back to Upstate NY.  Before I got off the plane the pilot reminded us over the PA to drink plenty of fluids today and brace yourselves because it's already 109 degrees outside.  I exited the plane through the tunnel, met up with her, grabbed my luggage and then we exited the terminal.  And the suffering commenced.  I saw absolutely no one outside while we packed this truck-trailer.  It took me four days.  When we were done packing I was gifted a guided tour through AT&T stadium.  Staff were the greatest and they treated me very well, even wearing my Bills hat.  Unfortunately it looks like a friggin UFO on the outside.

Hospitality was second to none every where we went.  What made me stand out was the fact that I was unarmed, a NY accent according to them!  And an old filthy, sweaty Bills hat that screamed I was a tourist.  I was invited into the selling and closing of her home and I had no legal reason at all to be in there, but they insisted.  They had rules about securing your weapon while visiting their establishment as well, but I didn't have one to secure so I gave them my ID instead.

After the closing, we hit the road.  She was wearing a heavy sweatshirt and shivering at our last rest stop in western NY.  Made it back to Elmira in 23-1/2 hours and we've been together ever since?  (Hmmm) We got married in Dec. 2018.  If we ever go back to visit, I'm getting that burger again!

On 12/23/2022 at 1:36 PM, cle23 said:

I'd put Swenson's at the top of the "luxury fast food burgers" and that's it.  Reasonably tasty with some brown sugar added to the beef, they have a large variety of burger and drink styles.  And fried mushrooms as a side.  Bonus points there!  People around Akron swear by them though.  But thanks, if I'm ever down around Dover I'll look Blazin Burgers up.

Best burgers:  Milt's out in Moab Utah:  https://miltsstopandeat.com/   You can choose between buffalo or beef and he locally sources as much as possible.  Built-in quality in a small Diner.

Best restaurant burgers:  Back in the '90s, I always felt Ruby Tuesday really did a great job with Burgers.  Haven't been to one in at least 15 years as they've died out a bit here in Cleveland.  But these days any place that'll cook a legit medium rare is a contender.

I was in Chicago for a work training this past summer, and I had one of the best burgers I have ever tasted.  I met up with a friend who lives there and he insisted we try this place.  I believe it was located in the Lincoln Park area, but not 100% sure.

It was at this place called DMK Burger Bar.  Grass fed bison patty cooked med, goat cheese, bacon, pickled red onions, and this delicious (but subtly sweet) blueberry BBQ sauce.  It was absolutely outstanding and well balanced.  They have a great selection of shakes too.  The fries were good but not spectacular.

Last week, I had a burger called the One Eye Burger at a place in Saratoga Springs, NY called The Local.

8 oz. chargrilled burger (medium) topped with an over-easy egg & bacon with homefries served on a bun with lettuce, tomato and onion.

Nothing crazy or special about the burger, but it was cooked perfectly and the bacon was perfectly thick.  It did not come with cheese and I didn't ask for any, which was not a problem.

In hindsight, I don't recall any homefries on the burger (I copied the description from their menu), which I'm fine with.  It was one of the best burgers I've had.

This wasn't my first time at The Local, as the 518 Luncheon crew has met there at least once.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Last week, I had a burger called the One Eye Burger at a place in Saratoga Springs, NY called The Local.

8 oz. chargrilled burger (medium) topped with an over-easy egg & bacon with homefries served on a bun with lettuce, tomato and onion.

Nothing crazy or special about the burger, but it was cooked perfectly and the bacon was perfectly thick.  It did not come with cheese and I didn't ask for any, which was not a problem.

In hindsight, I don't recall any homefries on the burger (I copied the description from their menu), which I'm fine with.  It was one of the best burgers I've had.

This wasn't my first time at The Local, as the 518 Luncheon crew has met there at least once.

Isn’t The Local a Bills Backers Bar?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.