Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Comments against men, too.

I’m not sure which part pukes me most, the part where women are the worst fans, or the part where “generally, women are better than men”

Gross all around, can we finally be done with this unmitigated #######?  

In no way does it make up for dunking on women fans, to then turn around and dunk generally on men. 

Yuck

I'm just glad that I have no reason to be able to make that comparison. 

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Its amazing to me that in 2022, after 10+ years of clickbait driving ad sales, that this board is willfully helping line Jerry or Nick or Skips pockets and feeding them the exact attention and clicks that they need.

Not even being snarky, its pathetic. Your feelings are being manipulated and used against you. Stop it

One of those things is not like the other in this case.

Nick, as obnoxious as he can be, plays a part of being a Chiefs homer and pissing on the bills because.... it generates clicks

Skip, as obnoxious as he can be, plays a part of being a Mayfield homer and pissing on Allen because... it generates clicks

Jerry, as obnoxious as he can be, made a statement at a Q and A media session and then went on to have a few drinks and talk down on both men and women because... ???

In all 3 cases, my feelings are pretty much intact but one stands out a little differently than the others.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Anyway, it's admirable in @john wawrow to defend Jerry Sullivan but sorry, if he sincerely respected women I don't see how he comes out with either of those comments - the one about women fans "not understanding critical journalism" and "just wanting to be cheerleaders" OR the one about "women are better than men".

I don't see it as admirable. It's gross.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Comments against men, too.

I’m not sure which part pukes me most, the part where women are the worst fans, or the part where “generally, women are better than men”

Gross all around, can we finally be done with this unmitigated #######?  

In no way does it make up for dunking on women fans, to then turn around and dunk generally on men. 

Yuck

So he hates everyone and everything just like we all thought ?

18 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

You’d think they would have acted already

Maybe they're just sleeping on it to see if the furor dies down and maybe they'll keep him.

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow. John Wawrow is another arrogant hack in the Buffalo media. A miserable person. He is no different then Jerry Sullivan. These two idiot Hacks have no business covering the Bills. 

He really isn't any of that.  He isn't a columnist; he's a sports journalist, working for a media outlet with a high standard for verifying sources and requiring multiple sources with direct knowledge.  He comes well-armed to a battle of wits, and has been an occasional (but valued) contributor here for years (though he did recently kinda stalk off in a snit)

He's defending his friend, which is a trait most of us find admirable and hope to find in our own friends.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Maybe they're just sleeping on it to see if the furor dies down and maybe they'll keep him.

He really isn't any of that.  He isn't a columnist; he's a sports journalist, working for a media outlet with a high standard for verifying sources and requiring multiple sources with direct knowledge.  He comes well-armed to a battle of wits, and has been an occasional (but valued) contributor here for years (though he did recently kinda stalk off in a snit)

He's defending his friend, which is a trait most of us find admirable and hope to find in our own friends.

I am going to have to disagree with you. I’ve been following the Bills for decades and have listened and read John Wawrow for a while, he is just a miserable, negative, arrogant guy who is all about drama. Nothing positive to say ever.  My opinion and know many others who feel the same way. You have a different opinion and that yours. 

14 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

I don't see it as admirable. It's gross.

You're entitled to your opinion.  @john wawrow made it clear he was not condoning or defending Sullivan's comments, just presenting a different aspect of his colleague. 

Most of us want friends who have our back and will point out our good sides when we mess up in a public way.  YMMV.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

I am going to have to disagree with you. I’ve been following the Bills for decades and have listened and read John Wawrow for a while, he is just a miserable, negative, arrogant guy who is all about drama. Nothing positive to say ever.  My opinion and know many others who feel the same way. You have a different opinion and that yours. 

Yep, We disagree 5x5

• Disagree 1

There is validity to most opinions in some form or another, especially to the holder of the opinion. Those feelings come from somewhere real, misguided or not. It doesn't make the opinion right or wrong. it's an opinion. 

BUT there are opinions you can't share publicly. You can't say them out loud. And if you do, the result will be what it is always going to be. Difficult to feel bad for people who cross that line. I hope Jerry has put his money away and will be able to have a reasonable retirement if that is the direction he chooses (or is chosen for him)

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It does make you wonder but I’m against this idea because Jerry still works for 2 legit news organizations that cover the team.  I think the Bills PR staff will be conscious of how the move would be perceived.  As much as they might not like them, the organization needs the media and doesn’t want to give the appearance that they’ll boot you if a reporter asks a critical question.  It would have to be more personal of a situation 

That’s why I said “this would give them the cover that they need.” They probably wanted him out following the “Super Bowl offense” comment. It’s in their best interest to not censor that (even if they wanted to).

With the comments of yesterday they can pull his credential under the premise of “misogyny has no place in our organization.” They might not play that hand with other reporters, but with Sully it is possible. He has been hated within those walls for 35+ years. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.