Jerry Sullivan crosses the line. Comments against women.

Draconator

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Highly unlikely Jerry gives two ***** one way or the other. He’s probably laughing at this thread.

There is a decent likelihood SDS knows his log in/handle/IP address. It would be hilarious if it was blocked here even as a viewer. That would actually drive him crazy. 

I don't care for his opinions on things but he's a very good columnist.  People read it, and it's generated 13 pages of comments.  Mission accomplished.

I hate seeing the cancelling of opinion.  This whole "I don't agree with it, I want him/her gone!" creates a weak-minded population fed off the tete of group think and corporate communications.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

He's probably laughing that he's lost his job and we're all happy about it?

What am I missing?

I’m not sure how old he is, but I think he’s older than dirt & probably doesn’t need the job or the money… at least not THAT job. Like most trolls though, he does need attention, and he’s gotten that big-time.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I don't care for his opinions on things but he's a very good columnist.  People read it, and it's generated 13 pages of comments.  Mission accomplished.

I hate seeing the cancelling of opinion.  This whole "I don't agree with it, I want him/her gone!" creates a weak-minded population fed off the tete of group think and corporate communications.  

I agree.... however in this case....the comments were so ridiculous and blatantly wrong that I understand why

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

It does make you wonder but I’m against this idea because Jerry still works for 2 legit news organizations that cover the team.  I think the Bills PR staff will be conscious of how the move would be perceived.  As much as they might not like them, the organization needs the media and doesn’t want to give the appearance that they’ll boot you if a reporter asks a critical question.  It would have to be more personal of a situation 

Who might those be?  Niagara Gazette pulled the plug on him.

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/local_news/niagara-gazette-statement-on-jerry-sullivan/article_37230036-7b19-11ed-86fc-0724c30c4220.html

WIVB Channel 4 keep him on? 

We'll see.

20 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I would think that failing to call out sexist, ignorant comments would be the weak-minded choice.  

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Good idea, if anyone says anything you don't like you should instantly get them fired from their job and cancelled by the public. Everyone must think alike. Surely this will never backfire on society. Long live Big Brother!

Seems to me there's a lot of room between "anything I don't like" and broadly painting an entire group of people with the same smear brush.

I don't think there's room in a free society where everyone has an equal opportunity, for the latter. 

I don't think that viewpoint comes anywhere close to "everyone must think alike" or "cancelling" everyone who says "anything I don't like"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.