Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He's a clown and a bum... you can cheer this fool all you want, but not me... there is a reason why he retired. I hope he does nothing

Why would you say this and be running around on this site,  hopeful that any Bills player fails is not a fan of this team and should not be posting here.  One of the worse posts I have read ever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think this staff really puts a lot of belief in it's own players to ascend their game to another level. I know many people on the board questioned what 

we really did to improve this offense at the beginning of this year. I think I was more optimistic than anything but   For what ever reasons Gabe just hasn't been what we hoped. Crowder was signed but was often injured prior to coming here and Mckenzie, well maybe the game in NE last year blinded them into thinking he could do this week in and week out. 

Right now we are not asking Beasley to play a whole season, just a stretch run/playoffs. Also at least his leg isn't broken! I am going into this thinking what game he has left still might be better than what Mckenzie can offer. 

Beane has some work to do for 2023. 

Gabe hasn't been all bad...he has 700 yards for a #2 WR on the year, which is one of the better #2's in the league in terms of yards, but he has been pretty  invisible the last 3 weeks totaling 84 yards on 9 catches.  That's not going to get it done. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

But everyone knows the offense isn't at the level it was at earlier in the season. We can see it, plain as day. Allen is masking a lot of issues.

And word from Sal and the WGR guys is Allen had been pushing for Brown and Bease to be re-signed, and after Sunday pretty much demanded it, and McBeane couldnt argue anymore.

Dude needs help, and he isnt getting it from anyone but Diggs.

Still crazy to me how little we use Shakir and Hines, but whatever works.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t live in WNY anymore but from what I’ve read on here Bease brings some ‘headache’ issues too. I’ve got imagine OBJ was fools gold at this particular point and nobody bit. The Cowboys were the shocker to me. 

I don’t think Bease has any headache issues with his teammates, though. With the media and others who expect everyone to conform? Yes. But his teammates apparently wanted him back.

14 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I've never rooted for a Buffalo Bills player to fail... until now. We don't need this clown now nor in the future. I don't care how many of you back this loudmouth bum.

Tell us you were mad at his choices last year without telling us

You and everyone else that spewed hatred that man's way should feel shame now and should welcome him back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The fact they need to sign these veteran WR’s in December is really an indictment of the personnel department (Beane & co), Dorsey, and players like Gabe Davis but especially Isaiah McKenzie.  

The Bills doubled down that last year’s WR talent would improve.  They’ve mostly been the same players as they were last year in a reserve role.  

Whose fault is that?  Dorsey for not utilizing them properly?  The WR’s themselves?  It were they just never starting caliber to begin with?  

I don't think it's an indictment of Beane, nearly everyone thought Davis and McKenzie were going to step up. Unfortunately this year they both have a case of the drops. This is definitely a lack of confidence vote on those two. I also think some of the blame lies with Dorsey, he just seems to be having trouble to scheme these guys open. I know he needs to make a stamp on this team, but he should go back to Daboll's playbook and see what he did.

1 minute ago, Brueggs said:

For sure.  That was a great game he had, and obviously not something that could happen every week, but he has a lot of mistakes and drops that have been costly.  

He is one of the most consistent WR in the league. You are joking right?

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But everyone knows the offense isn't at the level it was at earlier in the season. We can see it, plain as day. Allen is masking a lot of issues.

I dont disagree with you on this one.  Part of the reason I am excited about the signing.  Long term it may be nothing, but at least they are doing something.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I've never rooted for a Buffalo Bills player to fail... until now. We don't need this clown now nor in the future. I don't care how many of you back this loudmouth bum.

awww show me on a doll where Cole hurt your feelings?  I’m listening 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He's a clown and a bum... you can cheer this fool all you want, but not me... there is a reason why he retired. I hope he does nothing

How can anyone who calls himself a Bills fan have that hope? 

While Beasley's a Bill I hope he kills it.  I have doubts about how much he (and John Brown) can contribute due to Father Time, but if either or both are "the missing piece" I will by damn cheer him.

And I'd rather have Beasley than Odell Beckham "I could play in the regular season, but I don't see the point" with his "Little People, Pay your Tax" attitude.  The point of playing in the regular season is to EARN the right to play in the post-season, then EARN the right to home games etc.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Gabe hasn't been all bad...he has 700 yards for a #2 WR on the year, which is one of the better #2's in the league in terms of yards, but he has been pretty  invisible the last 3 weeks totaling 84 yards on 9 catches.  That's not going to get it done. 

Agree, Would like to see more usage with him. Not sure what's happening on the field (teams dictating more coverage to him?) -I can't think of many game breaking plays since that TD against Pitt. 

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

No OBJ then

I dont think a PS signing stops a OBJ signing down the line for the playoffs if the Bills want to go there.  Essentially this is a  3 game lets see if Beasley has anything left trial.  3 PS elevations incoming.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.