Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Thanks.  I have Damar Hamlin with more by my eye than PFR (5.9%).  Apparently PFF (not that they are great) had him at 14 missed tackles through 12 weeks so there is some subjectivity to all this (as I mentioned).  Would like to know where Marino got his numbers

So many of the "advanced stats" are subjective.  Even hard stats can get lost in the context of how they are viewed.

I like numbers so I look at them, but always with a grain of salt, merged with what I see with my own eyes.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is a really good and interesting article.

TL;DR synopsis: SF and the Chargers both stopped the Dolphins, but the defenses they did it with were completely different.

The 49ers rushed 4, played zone - quarters or 2 deep - and relied upon their linebackers to cover the middle.

The Chargers played press man, very aggressive.  Then, on 3rd down, they showed pressure/man and dropped into zone coverage.

Evidently there's more than one way to stop a Dolphin.

In the Bills earlier meeting, I think we played them more along the SF model.  We got good pressure with 4 but only sacked Tua twice; we kept them from converting 3rd downs (3 of 8).  We also played to contain Hill and gave up a reasonably big day to Waddle.

Will be interesting to see what the Dolphins game plan is and what the Bills try to do to contain it.

Game plans have been thrown out the window. Holding on to the ball is what needs to be hammered home for both sides. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Things are looking up regarding injuries the last couple of weeks.

I'm hoping the trend keeps moving this way and the vast majority of guys can get healthy for the playoff push.

We just now need to know what is going to happen to Ike B. in the next 2 days.

16 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He said he threw the ball in snow once when vitiating his brother in Maryland 😂…. To people up here Maryland is considered the Deep South 😂……. Tua is in for a major Rude Awakening. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As some commenters pointed out, that's like the Bills saying "it gets hot in Buffalo, too!"

And it never snowed in Tuscaloosa, nor was there ever any snow on the ground, during the games that Tua played there.

Dude is whistling past the graveyard.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That was going to be a big play. I remember Romo said the wind affected the throw. If Allen who has a cannon for an arm can struggle sometimes then what chance does Tua have.

It wasn’t that windy at the time. It literally has nothing to do with a strong arm. I mean a little. Allen likes to throw outside the numbers. Those are strong arm throws. When conditions are not good he struggles. Anyone would. He has to learn to take what the defense gives you especially in poor weather.

That particular play was over the middle, I think 10-15 yards downfield. He fired it. Probably didn’t need to fire it hard.

Why I dont think Tua will struggle is because they run a passing offense that uses short passes and run after catch.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I gotta say, I’m a pessimist by nature and have BBFS galore. I really hope we end up dominating this weekend. Every sports station is talking about how the dolphins are struggling, Tua is struggling and can the dolphins play in cold weather. Obviously the dolphins are kinda backed into a corner. I really hope we show up and blow them out. If we lose, it would be extremely disappointing. Especially knowing we have the Bengals on deck. 

24 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Grinch Smile GIF

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

I gotta say, I’m a pessimist by nature and have BBFS galore. I really hope we end up dominating this weekend. Every sports station is talking about how the dolphins are struggling, Tua is struggling and can the dolphins play in cold weather. Obviously the dolphins are kinda backed into a corner. I really hope we show up and blow them out. If we lose, it would be extremely disappointing. Especially knowing we have the Bengals on deck. 

IMHO, the Bills can play their C game and beat Miami in these conditions.

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

9 inches of snow in Buffalo is called "a dusting".

Got a chuckle out of this dude.  

People on the East Coast and below the Mason-Dixon Line close everything down for a couple of inches.  They probably saw "9 inches" and wondered how it was even possible to play football.  They gonna find out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

It’s so evident this Bills team is soft serve.  I mean, they only have a top 10 SoS, and roughly 70% of week 1 starters sustained injuries that incurred missed games, and to boot their MVP has played hurt 4 of the last 5 weeks and yet they are still 10-3.  What a pathetic record, this soft ass flaccid excuse for a team has completely quit on Buffalo.

- Delusional Bills Fans

Can you be "soft ass flaccid" at the same time?  Asking for a friend...

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yes its ~15% for Milano.  Joe Marino has 10% as his acceptable level.  I think Tremaine was a bit lower than 10%.  As a team I dont think we have a good number.

Do you know where is Marino getting his numbers and how he decides what is or isn't acceptable?  The Bills do have the #2 defense for points against, #9 for yards given up, #4 for turnovers.  So in terms of results, what exactly is "unacceptable"?

That has to be some stuff like where some outfit (PFF?) gave Milano a very low grade for the KC game because he wasn't making tackles.  Except in the KC game, Milano's assignment was to shadow Mahomes and once he was flushed to one side, contain/pressure/tackle him.  So no, he wasn't running around covering short routes or minding a gap to tackle an RB, but to observers who understood his assignment, he Killed it.

If anyone has actually watched how Milano has been playing, then uses "unacceptable" to describe it, I gotta say, I kinda question how much they know Ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.