NCAA Basketball: Texas HC Chris Beard arrest

ArdmoreRyno

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35311796/texas-coach-chris-beard-fiancee-says-strangle-her

In a statement sent to The Associated Press by her attorney, Randy Leavitt, Trew said she is "deeply saddened" by the incident and said Beard was acting in self-defense from her.

"Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others. As Chris' fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself," Trew said in the statement.

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time," she said.

Chris Beard today:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.