If the offense keeps struggling does Dorsey get fired ?

BuffaloBills1998

Might be a terrible take to some, but this is starting to remind me of the raiders back in 17 when Carr got Musgrave booted out of a job because he wanted his friend Downing to be his OC and after that happened their offense started out strong but after the Washington game they completely collapsed. I’m starting to see a similar pattern here with Dorsey and Josh. It started out great and now it’s come to somewhat of a stop. Even though Allen and company are still making things work to a degree. I do wonder though if the offense continues to struggle, is there a possibility that Dorsey gets fired or demoted??

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be a terrible take to some, but this is starting to remind me of the raiders back in 17 when Carr got Musgrave booted out of a job because he wanted his friend Downing to be his OC and after that happened their offense started out strong but after the Washington game they completely collapsed. I’m starting to see a similar pattern here with Dorsey and Josh. It started out great and now it’s come to somewhat of a stop. Even though Allen and company are still making things work to a degree. I do wonder though if the offense continues to struggle, is there a possibility that Dorsey gets fired or demoted??

When they're winning?

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's pretty apparent that Dorsey calls games differently than Dabol did but i believe that a lot of it could be loses in personal Bease being the biggest lose to Josh he was his safety valve always able to get open when others couldn't & Josh just isn't seeing or paying attention to those that are open at times .

I saw a play from yesterday that Josh took off running & running down field right smack in front of him was Davis wide open & he was far enough for the first down but Josh (seemed to) look right at him & kept running so i think he's not taking what the opposing D is giving him & is back to laying hero ball .

He doesn't have the confidence in Mckenzie, Shakir, & even Davis to a point plus you throw in the loses of Bease, Sanders, & now that Kumero & others have been out at some capacity due to injury through out the season it's hindered the chemistry of the offense .

We can only hope that the injuries stop & they can continue to gut it out with wins & have every one playing together at the end to make this year the one .

Dorsey could get fired but there is a lot more to consider & i don't think McD or Beane make knee jerk decisions like the Titans or others have made it's not in their DNA thank God !! 

Edited by T master

Prob going to get piled on because "wE'rE tEn AnD thReE" and nothing can be off or fixed when you're winning. Dorsey has his moments but the offense feels clunky. We ignore the run for long stretches. We will start to use motion to get guys open fast but will go away from it quickly. At times nobody is open other times a couple guys are wide open and Josh throws into coverage.

Josh seems different this year. Hes locking on to receivers, he's ignoring wide open receivers short or in the flats. Since the elbow he's had trouble with accuracy but there's been issues before that. 

We have a lot of people working on this offense. Brady, Shula, Kromer and Boras we're all OCs at one point in their careers and Dorsey has been with Josh under daboll for 3 years. I feel this offense should be humming. But maybe there's too many cooks in the kitchen? I don't think we fire him though. We're still ranked pretty high even with the struggles and he's a rookie OC

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloTX said:

I think Dorsey is waiting for the playoffs to unleash Khalil Shakir and the short passing game. 

These motion plays with Hines are looking to set something up but really need to figure out how to get quick passing game going, Miami will be bringing pressure from all over field gotta get quick hitters and some draws .  Why this team sucks at screens and sweeps amazes. Me 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.