Mike Leach - Medical Emergency (not doing well)

DrDawkinstein

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/just-told-on-coach-200214020/

I am told that Coach was successfully Air Lifted to Jackson on an Airbus Helicopter H145. There was a delay in getting airborne due to some weather, but they were able to find a window and got him down there safely.

From what I am told, the next few hours are critical. Coach has a long road ahead of him. The situation is very, very serious. If you are the praying type, Coach Leach, his family and the attending physicians could use your prayers. If you are not the praying type, then perhaps you can make an exception in these circumstances.

This is not some fire drill or something that just involves a cough. Coach needs your prayers and he needs them right here and now.

• Sad 1

A not so great update... :(

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/probably-our-final-update--200271795/?page=1

I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.

I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love who much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and Hail State!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.