Gregory Rousseau is becoming elite

Mikie2times

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m not sure how anyone who has watched him play thought he was anywhere close to being elite. 

This thread (and many like it) are started by the kool aid drinkers who are all GONE RIGHT NOW because they always jump ship when things don't go well.

He is not elite; he is probably an easy upgrade but that won't happen b/c he was hand picked by this administration and moving on from him amounts to an admission of failure.

• Agree 2

On 12/30/2022 at 9:43 PM, ArtVandalay said:

And you know why he's becoming elite? Because they actually drafted a guy with elite measurables. He's got elite size and great athleticism. 

They invest too many draft picks into undersized lunch pail high motor guys, especially at a position as physical as defensive line. You can't do that with first rounders.

I've loved the Rousseau pick from day 1, i just wish they would make more of those. 

IIRC Jeff George had elite measurables too 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I never recall calling Rousseau elite but I think he's turning into a really solid pass rusher for us, it's unfortunate he didn't show up today when we needed him but he isn't a bum like Epenesa that's for sure.

I disagree. I think he’s marginally, at best, better than epenesa and Shaq Lawson. Groot is probably topping out at 6-8 sacks a season. Those a Chris Kelsay numbers. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

Do we need to single out Rousseau? Everyone sucked. Only memorable play was Boogie Basham going offside and chasing down Burrow. 

we do, when Bean spent #19 on him.  But he has great measurables, what a great prospect, blah blah blah.  Perhaps one of these players will become eliter when Allen retires, we don't have time to waste.  

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Oliver, Rousseau, Epenesa and Basham didn't do squat today against 3 backups.  Yes Von seemed to raise their level of play early this year but I saw no heart from them today.  

they can all leave, and take their emotionless DC with them.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.