Mac Jones fined for flicking ball at Epenesa

YoloinOhio

And I'd love to know what he did in that pile after the fumble, and after the whistle was blown, to get that unnecessary roughness penalty. I watched that play a couple times to try to figure out what he did. Essentially, he's outside on the periphery, and then after the whistle blows, you see him reach into the pile and then you can't see him. Then three flags all go flying at once. They never talk about what he did, and the announcers just ignore it. But it cost them 15 yards, and was egregious enough that all three officials saw it immediately. Mac & Cheese is a punk.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

And I'd love to know what he did in that pile after the fumble, and after the whistle was blown, to get that unnecessary roughness penalty. I watched that play a couple times to try to figure out what he did. Essentially, he's outside on the periphery, and then after the whistle blows, you see him reach into the pile and then you can't see him. Then three flags all go flying at once. They never talk about what he did, and the announcers just ignore it. But it cost them 15 yards, and was egregious enough that all three officials saw it immediately. Mac & Cheese is a punk.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

On 12/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, PatsFanNH said:

What I found weird and odd about this is he was fined DOUBLE of what the Bills player who got flagged and thrown out of the game.  The NFL fining policy makes ZERO sense.  (Before people attack me about this I am not saying the fine should have been more but how is throwing a ball at someone and into the ground the same as someone who was flagged for a hit and kicked out for said hit.. makes zero sense.) 

I believe it has a cumulative effect. I don’t know if there is an “official” system in place for that or not, but it seems like the fines for repeat offenders seem to go up, even if they don’t always get fined for earlier incidents. 

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" for players to pull other players off of a pile scrambling for a fumble. That appears to be what the penalty was called for.

6 hours ago, pkwwjd said:

It's "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" for players to pull other players off of a pile scrambling for a fumble. That appears to be what the penalty was called for.

The call on the field was "personal foul, unnecessary roughness."

Mac & Cheese's explanation after the game was, "I think obviously, there’s a little bit of a pile there, and then the ball squirted out actually into another pile. I went over there and tried to grab the ball to save the game. So at the end of the day, you’ve got to take your chance and try to get the ball, got to compete for the ball because it’s a live ball until somebody holds it up in the air. You’ve got to go get it, and that’s what I tried to do.”

Which doesn't answer to a personal foul, unnecessary roughness call at all. Is M&C claiming that the ref misspoke, or got the wrong call? Three flags came out, and they conferred briefly before the announcement. Did all three get the call wrong? Or did M&C do something else that he's not copping to during a post-game presser? 

M&C hasn't exactly been forthright during his pressers. He says all the right things (at least he's well coached in that regard), but his words don't align with his actions on the field.

19 hours ago, BRH said:

Wonder if he’ll get fined for this. 

He really is a piece of garbage.  The Grayson Allen of the NFL, except Grayson Allen was a good player. 

When I first saw it I was thinking that was borderline throwing a block low like that - then I realized he was on DEFENSE at the time.

There is a not so fine line between fiery competitor and entitled whiny crying dirty POS - he thinks he's the former but by this point the players in the league knows he's the latter.   I can imagine there's a whole bunch of players who wouldn't mind rocking his world at this point.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Imagine using a 1st round pick on Mac jones. Some say we’re going to tell our kids how the pats used to be good at football. 

Hey, according to @PatsFanNH, Belichick would rather have Jones than Allen. Now I finally see what he was talking about.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.